Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£60M parachute payments if relegated (£12M increase from last season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
    I thought it was over 4 seasons; won't matter for us as we won't be there that long
    Relegation looms again to Div 1?!

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
      we get 12 mil parachute
      Where do you get that figure from?

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
        Bosingwa 60 k week , park 50k, Hoilett 50k , barton 60k, samba 80k - if we keep these lot for 1 season thats 13 million in wages .

We will also have Zamora 50k, Johnson 30k, Granero 40k, mbia 40k, diakite 30k , SWP 50k, green 50k thats 14.5 million in wages

the rest of the squad, will probably be another 200k per week , thats another 10.5 million in wages

thats 38 million in wages for one season, not including Remy.

we get 12 mil parachute so just for wages we will need 26 million cash to pay for it

if we get gates of 15000 per home game at an average of 40 gbp per ticket for 46 games thats 27.6 million gate receipts

that would leave us with not alot and we have to cover the training ground, matchday staff, management , i hope TF and Amits pockets are still deep.
        Wow thats a lot of home games next season.......

Comment

Players contracts have many things in them such as "release clause" "reduction in wages should we get relegated".

This would mean some of the players will leave and we'll get a fee for them, as well as them off the wage.

I'm sure they'll sort this out.

Comment

Happy landings! Relegated Prem clubs getting £60m parachute payments to break their f

News of just how much cash the three sides who go down next month will trouser over next four years reignites "rewarding failure" debate

This season's relegated Premier League clubs will land an *astonishing £60million in parachute payments.

The £12m rise on the current *settlement will be paid in four installments over the next four years.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
              It says from next season, which I take to mean that teams who are relegated this season will receive the payments beginning next season. In other words teams that went down last year (Blackburn, Wolves and Bolton) won't receive it.
              Or it could mean clubs getting relegated next season get the increased amount. The new tv deal money kicks in next season.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Or it could mean clubs getting relegated next season get the increased amount. The new tv deal money kicks in next season.
                If that is the case why do they say that Reading and QPR would be the first clubs to receive it.

Comment

It's for next season. not this one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-8575728.html

Comment

I have read all of the articles (which are ambiguous), and my understanding still is that teams who are relegated from the premiership this season, will get the parachute payments next season. Teams who are relegated this season will lose out on the increased revenuse to premiership teams which starts paid next season.

The Independent seems to think the payments will be made over 3 seasons (not 4 as happens at the moment). This means that next year the club should received 20 million.
                    Last edited by jmelanie; 18-04-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I have read all of the articles (which are ambiguous), and my understanding still is that teams who are relegated from the premiership this season, will get the parachute payments next season. Teams who are relegated this season will lose out on the increased revenuse to premiership teams which starts paid next season.

The Independent seems to think the payments will be made over 3 seasons (not 4 as happens at the moment). This means that next year the club should received 20 million.
                      That's my understanding of it too.

Comment

If that is the case why do they say that Reading and QPR would be the first clubs to receive it.
                        Poor, lazy journalism?

Comment

Working...
                        X