Fernandes , is he a mug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes , is he a mug?

We all have a lot of time for Tony but has he had his pants pulled down by football? Are him and phil beard not up to running the club well enough?

definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
      We all have a lot of time for Tony but has he had his pants pulled down by football? Are him and phil beard not up to running the club well enough?
      He's certainly no mug, don't get to build up businesses as successfully as he has by being any sort of mug.

He has most probably guilty of being too trusting of someone he believed to be capable, but was badly let down.

Pretty sure he won't make the same mistake again

Comment

Wouldn't say Tony's been a mug.
        None of us saw this season coming, few if any, thought the signings we made were poor. And when things like the ball going in off Faurlin's back at Spurs, seem typical of the luck that's gone our way, finger pointing is unnecessary.

Comment

think he had a trusted and well thought of guy when he pusuaded Rigg to come on board but it sees like he had one agenda,make money for a certain agent and who knows what cut he had. I think he found some brown envelopes in an unused locker with a user guide inside !!!!!

Comment

well made to look like a mug anyway
            Last edited by vblockranger; 09-04-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

100% agree with Webbie. When I heard the news of who he was getting in I was excited and thought we were paying for the best to give the club a total overhaul. Now it has all gone ###'s up some are trying to make out he was a mug. If you took over a club, what would be the first thing you would do? Hire a well respected individual with a good reputation. That's exactly what he did. Shame we all got mugged off by these individuals.

In my view probably did hold on to Hughes for too long but I believe that was due to the previous regime and he did not want to associate himself with the Orange one.

We are fortunate that he and Amit are bankrolling us at the moment and I honestly believe (and pray) they are here for the long term. We'll have a good season next year just like we did when we came up and I don't care who you play there is nothing like that buzz after any win.

This is a set back, but we will be back and more savvy! Harry knew we were having our pants pulled down, Hughes must have known too but kept quiet for his own personal gain.

Comment

He's a mug because he defers to so-called 'football experts'. Football is played by thickoes, managed by thickoes and watched by....Anyway, if he applied the same demands and principles he applies to his other businesses we'd see a difference. He has bottled it so far.

Comment

no no no

no no no tony isnt a mug,hes a shrewd person who will eventually get qpr back into the prem if we drop this season,itas just that the prem is a massive jump from the other divisions,and we are realing after various beatings
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

difficult.

really grateful to tf for all he's done and i'm certain that he had the best intentions... but, we seem to have gone from a (deserved) laughing stock under tango and cash where we wouldn't pay buttons for a half decent player to become a byword for easy money where any over-the-hill hack with a couple of games in the champions league can pick up a couple of million for an underperforming season. agents have taken us to the cleaners in some cases. someone's been a mug, and if tf is footing the bill for that, then he probably is also one (compare him to, say, levy at spuds and draw yr own conclusions).

hope he learns from this (rather than pulls out) and turns us into a truly competitive club that gets good players for the right money.

Comment

Your not a mug for making a mistake ,your a mug if you keep making the same mistake.
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                        Your not a mug for making a mistake ,your a mug if you keep making the same mistake.
                        I think his only mistake was keeping Hughes on that bit longer.
                        When we kicked off the season with the players we had, no-one thought we would be in this position again at this point.

The biggest mistake TF made was Mark Hughes.
                        Ok, he kept us up last season.
                        But, he did promise us that we would never be in this situation again!!!

Most of the signings Hughes made were good enough and experienced enough for us not to be in this situation now.

Looking back on his signings, we were all happy with Park, Cesar, Mbia, Granero.
                        The forum was in meltdown when they signed.

They just were not used to fighting every week, rather than being carried by the 10 men around them at there previous clubs.

Comment

Working...
                        X