The wall on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wall on Sunday

Thought it on Sunday at the time but was too ****** gutted and angry at the end to mention it but why did we have Mackie and Adel on the end of the wall covering the goal, yet MBIA and I think Samba at the end of the wall covered by Cesar.
    There was a picture of the wall with MBIA about 3 foot off the ground, as the kick was taken but obviously at the wrong end of the wall, surely you have the taller men on the end covering the corner of the goal ?
    Surely this sort of thing is covered in training ?

Bit like players arguing over who's taking free kicks. Is this not worked out in the week? Baffling.

Comment

Does make you think and ok you want some variation but it is something you would think would be worked on and everyone would know their job.If i am screaming at the players telling MBIA to get on the other side of the wall then surely a football coach and his players can see it too ? I am not blaming HR by the way we were unlucky and didn't deserve that but I just question why it didn't happen, just seems common sense to me as if it goes over Adel on the other side Cesar is right behind it without having to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Does make you think and ok you want some variation but it is something you would think would be worked on and everyone would know their job.If i am screaming at the players telling MBIA to get on the other side of the wall then surely a football coach and his players can see it too ? I am not blaming HR by the way we were unlucky and didn't deserve that but I just question why it didn't happen, just seems common sense to me as if it goes over Adel on the other side Cesar is right behind it without having to move.
        I think in general players sort out the wall so it should go down to them in truth as you said
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Neil Warnock in his interview made mention to the fact that it gets harder to set up with 10 men http://www.indyrs.co.uk/?cat=3 makes sense I suppose because there is going to be one more free player unmarked although that was always going to be a direct shot!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
          X