Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The premiership and sky.....

can fc uk right off for a season.
    give me....a winning team again and promotion via the play-offs. we all could do with a trip to wembley and an open top parade round the bush.
    thats all. u Rsssssss.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Agree bushcelt1.
    To be honest, premiership isn't all it's cracked up to be, and a more level playing field seems very inviting right now.

Comment

REALLY you'd rather be in the Championship? it's not just the prem thats dictated to by sky they dictate in the championship as well have you forgot Friday night Saturday Morningand some Sunday late kick offs I'm sorry but he who pays the piper calls the tune ask T.F and the Mittals where they would rather be.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
        can fc uk right off for a season.
        give me....a winning team again and promotion via the play-offs. we all could do with a trip to wembley and an open top parade round the bush.
        thats all. u Rsssssss.
        With you there Bush

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          REALLY you'd rather be in the Championship? it's not just the prem thats dictated to by sky they dictate in the championship as well have you forgot Friday night Saturday Morningand some Sunday late kick offs I'm sorry but he who pays the piper calls the tune ask T.F and the Mittals where they would rather be.
          No, would rather we were playing in a league where we have a decent chance of winning it.
          As it stands now, although we would be in the premiership, like Foolham, we would have no chance of winning it, even come close to winning it, and our only ambition would be to stay in it.
          That, I could tolerate only for so long, especially nowadays, where even a trip to Wembley in one of our major cup finals, has clubs like ours turning their noses up at, in favour of survival in the premiership, even if it's a lowly 17th.
          Having the chance to win at least one trophy, every couple a seasons or so, although still not perfect, is better than a lifetime of mere survival, and no hope of a trophy of any kind.

Comment

If we had witnessed another 5 wins this season and finished mid table, we wouldn't all be feeling like we are.

What annoys me about the "sky" era is when you look back to the early days it was fine. Competitive, good quality, good crowds, still a working class sport, terraces, pay on the day.... The list goes on.

Everything about the league now is suited to please the sofa fan, and the bloke watching the game in China. It went from being a good, competitive, exciting league to something that just suits the rich teams, and enables them to maintain a monopoly year after year.

It was a great concept, but the big boys got too powerful.

Ill miss the games v Spuds, Arsenal West Ham ect, but come 3 o'clock on any Saturday afternoon ill be looking forward to whoever were playing.

Comment

Id rather do what loads of teams have done - drop when you cant compete then come back stronger. Wheres the fun in being the whipping boys EVERY week?

West Brom are the team to emulate - look how far they have come without spending stupid money.

Comment

Originally posted by TW7R View Post
                If we had witnessed another 5 wins this season and finished mid table, we wouldn't all be feeling like we are.

What annoys me about the "sky" era is when you look back to the early days it was fine. Competitive, good quality, good crowds, still a working class sport, terraces, pay on the day.... The list goes on.

Everything about the league now is suited to please the sofa fan, and the bloke watching the game in China. It went from being a good, competitive, exciting league to something that just suits the rich teams, and enables them to maintain a monopoly year after year.

It was a great concept, but the big boys got too powerful.

Ill miss the games v Spuds, Arsenal West Ham ect, but come 3 o'clock on any Saturday afternoon ill be looking forward to whoever were playing.
                I wonder how we'd feel, if we finished mid table for five seasons on the spin, and for the sixth, the only hope would be to emulate seasons 1-5?
                Myself, I think I'd be a bit browned off with that, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Id rather do what loads of teams have done - drop when you cant compete then come back stronger. Wheres the fun in being the whipping boys EVERY week?

West Brom are the team to emulate - look how far they have come without spending stupid money.
                  I'd go with most of that, except the West Brom bit.
                  West Brom are just as likely to be relegated next season, as they are finishing mid-table. Just depends on how long their luck holds out.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                    I wonder how we'd feel, if we finished mid table for five seasons on the spin, and for the sixth, the only hope would be to emulate seasons 1-5?
                    Myself, I think I'd be a bit browned off with that, to be honest.
                    Never used to be a problem when we were in the top flight before.

Comment

Never used to be a problem when we were in the top flight before.
                      That's because there was always a good chance of us doing better, and we did.
                      That's the difference, now it would seem that the best a club like ours could ever do, is finish mid-table, if we're lucky.
                      Premiership, or no premiership, that just doesn't get my juices flowing, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                        That's because there was always a good chance of us doing better, and we did.
                        That's the difference, now it would seem that the best a club like ours could ever do, is finish mid-table, if we're lucky.
                        Premiership, or no premiership, that just doesn't get my juices flowing, I'm afraid.
                        True bushranger when you put it like that.

I suppose the only thing about a few mid table finnishes is with the board we have there could always be the oppertunity for us to try to make moves into the upper half of the table Europa cup places, but it's all hypothetical.

I love the big games, but like I said earlier, come 3 o'clock on a Saturday I'm not fussed who were playing. I just want to see us win

Comment

True bushranger when you put it like that.

I suppose the only thing about a few mid table finnishes is with the board we have there could always be the oppertunity for us to try to make moves into the upper half of the table Europa cup places, but it's all hypothetical.

I love the big games, but like I said earlier, come 3 o'clock on a Saturday I'm not fussed who were playing. I just want to see us win
                          Can't argue with any of that, to be honest, mate.

Comment

i want 3 o clock saturday kick offs....midweek under the lights n steve claridge on the football league show!
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                              i want 3 o clock saturday kick offs....midweek under the lights n steve claridge on the football league show!
                              The Steve Claridge bit spoilt that for me, facto.

Comment

Working...
                              X