Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Analysis of our shooting

Shots.jpg

Stats from whoscored.com. EPL stats only.

Taarabt, Hoilett, SWP and Granero should shoot less and pass the ball more. Possibly Mackie as well. Over 20 shots per goal. Which means losing the ball alot of the time they miss.

Zamora, Townsend, Jenas and Remy should do most of the shooting from now on.

Mbia should look to pass the ball more frequently as well instead of shooting.
    Last edited by madara; 29-03-2013, 04:25 PM.

Also people who except the midfield to score more often should look at the attacking players who shots alot.
    We can't except goals to come from Diakite, Park, Hill, Samba, Fabio and others because they are most often not in a position to score.

Comment

Very interesting post, thanks!

It definitely brings into focus that Taarabt shoots too much. He should NEVER take a shot from a direct free kick. When he does, the safest place in the entire ground is between the sticks. If he would focus a bit more on setting up somebody else after one of his great runs instead of trying to do it all himself, he would be much more effective, IMO.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

these stats show that forwards are better at shooting in general than supporting midfielders....how fascinating

Comment

Our supporting midfielders have been playing as forwards/strikers. Maybe that is why we didn't win any games. It is clear to me they should be passing instead of shooting most of the time.

Comment

Working...
          X