The Wigan Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wigan Game

Just looked at the fixtures and there FA Cup semi final game is the Saturday after this match.
    The game is winnable for us, but anyone feel they may rest a few just to make that Cup Final?

They could get a Europa League place by making the final, and may feel that anything could happen on Cup Final Day should they progress.

It's highly likely that should a few QPR players go in with a few (fair) heavy tackles early on this could rattle them as they aren't gonna wanna miss out on an FA Cup semi-final through injury. God knows when they'll ever get the opportunity to play in one again......

Comment

I really can't see them being up for the game against us.
      They should make the final, which guarantees them a Europa League place.

They could quite easily put out a weak team against us, knowing that there game in hand they still have would be enough to take them out of the bottom 3 should they win it

Comment

It's a big risk though, Europa League in the Championship is more of a hindrance, look at Birmingham, i never felt it did them any favours with the extra games. Surely league survival is the highest priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Droghoop View Post
          It's a big risk though, Europa League in the Championship is more of a hindrance, look at Birmingham, i never felt it did them any favours with the extra games. Surely league survival is the highest priority.
          Maybe, but they still have a game in hand over us, villa etc( not sure who against)
          They could make the final, qualify for Europe and still be out of the relegation zone if they win that game in hand.

Its a hard one to call, not sure what I would want us to do of we were in there situation.
          Especially if we had Chelsea in the Cup Final!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Droghoop View Post
            i dont think wigan will go down!

Comment

I think the days of worrying about whether opposition teams are up for it or not are long gone.

Villa on Saturday were completely up for being torn apart by us in the 1st half but we still messed up.

Our players have been given everything to do well, top 5 manager, big salaries, new blood, trips away, rest periods etc etc but still manage to mess up spectacularly. Our lot just need to concentrate, become ruthless and play out of our skins for the whole of April whilst not giving a s*** what other teams are doing.

Comment

Wigan's players will fancy their chances of turning over Millwall no doubt about it but more importantly wont want to lose a relegation 6 pointer so all this clutching of straws about whether they will be 'up for it' mean nothing im afraid. The pressures on us so its more about whether we will handle the occasion. If we went 3 or 4 up (highly unlikely)then i would imagine Wigan players swicthing off and not going in for the 50 50's but if there is a game to be won they will want to win it simple.

Comment

Working...
                X