So if Barton is going...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
    Seeya Joey and good luck in the future. If you read this MB and i am inclined to think that you do then take no notice of the smarmy type of new age football fan that we seem to have been infected with (Fulham have a lot to answer for!) We will miss your combativeness and aggression, we will miss your heart and desire to win, we will miss your hatred of losing and most of all we will miss your leadership. A true working class hero! (and a smarmy middle class hate figure). Dont think you or a few others have been treated to well by MH who has gone down slightly in my estimation and to make Park captain stinks of TF marketing not an actual footballing decision.
    this.

Comment

If we can replace him then am happy to see him go. But our central midfield is getting run ragged at the moment and teams are scoring because of it. As i say if Norwich and Swansea can walk through it how do you think the better sides like Man City will do? He needs to be replaced. Shaun Derry is not the answer either!

Comment

Seeya Joey and good luck in the future. If you read this MB and i am inclined to think that you do then take no notice of the smarmy type of new age football fan that we seem to have been infected with (Fulham have a lot to answer for!) We will miss your combativeness and aggression, we will miss your heart and desire to win, we will miss your hatred of losing and most of all we will miss your leadership. A true working class hero! (and a smarmy middle class hate figure). Dont think you or a few others have been treated to well by MH who has gone down slightly in my estimation and to make Park captain stinks of TF marketing not an actual footballing decision.
        Speak for youself. Most people managed to put their points across without resorting to generalised insults. Smarmy for not liking a player? Barton is highly controversial and always likely to divide opinion. What leadership was there to miss? That's a ridiculous statement. Throughout the season we were saying Barton wasn't vocal enough and didn't produce captain's performances the majority of the time. "A true working class hero". Get a grip man. If you idolise convicted violent criminals i do worry for you. Faurlin's the hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter View Post
          Speak for youself. Most people managed to put their points across without resorting to generalised insults. Smarmy for not liking a player? Barton is highly controversial and always likely to divide opinion. What leadership was there to miss? That's a ridiculous statement. Throughout the season we were saying Barton wasn't vocal enough and didn't produce captain's performances the majority of the time. "A true working class hero". Get a grip man. If you idolise convicted violent criminals i do worry for you. Faurlin's the hero.
          worry away then.....
          Whats his convictions got to do with anything? Did you say exactly the same thing when he was signed?

Comment

[noun (plural heroes)

1a) person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities]

Why would i worry, he won't be around for long! And yeh, i didn't want him to sign. He didn't even play very well whilst here, the team looked miles better when we dropped him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter View Post
              [noun (plural heroes)

1a) person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities]

Why would i worry, he won't be around for long! And yeh, i didn't want him to sign. He didn't even play very well whilst here, the team looked miles better when we dropped him.
              All hero's dont have to be noble or courageous mate, thats just silly. If one of our players went down in the box and cheated to get a penalty at City last season to keep us up then he would be a hero to me also....and he cheated. Simo Häyhä is a hero of mine and yet he killed over 500 German's (many of which were bending over and having a shite in the woods at the time! :-) )

Comment

All I will say is it's a shame it didn't work out for him, I am relieved to see him go but it would have been nice to see it work

Comment

Barton is going, going and very nearly gone.....

whether you think of him as a 'working class hero' or a waste of space in a hoops shirt......in years to come, when we look back at his brief tenure at our mighty club it will have to be viewed as highly unsuccessful piece of business.

But the club will still be there...and we'll still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                    Barton is going, going and very nearly gone.....

whether you think of him as a 'working class hero' or a waste of space in a hoops shirt......in years to come, when we look back at his brief tenure at our mighty club it will have to be viewed as highly unsuccessful piece of business.

But the club will still be there...and we'll still be there.
                    hope so but the way TF is throwing money and wages around who knows....

Comment

Simo Häyhä is a hero of mine and yet he killed over 500 German's...
                      Interesting person, but I suggest you research your hero a bit better
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Interesting person, but I suggest you research your hero a bit better
                        lol ok meant Russians :-) but a great Fin and very much a hero in Finland and Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                        X