Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we go for a new manager now, or wait till summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Hughes, Ramsey, Sousa, JFH....all worse win rates
    Not sure where you're drawing your stats from Mush?

Mine reads (Points Per Match):

Dowie: 1.80
    Warnock: 1.50
    Magilton: 1.48
    Di Canio: 1.34
    Redknapp: 1.28
    JFH: 1.28
    Sousa: 1.27
    Ramsey: 1.22
    Holloway: 1.12
    Hughes: 0.88

And as Kit points out Hughes, Ramsey and Redknapp (even Warnock to a lesser degree) includes the Prem period, so not really a fair comparison. So Holloway is totally languishing really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

And as Kit points out Hughes, Ramsey and Redknapp (even Warnock to a lesser degree) includes the Prem period, so not really a fair comparison. So Holloway is totally languishing really.
      If you read my post again I am talking win rates. Also, Hughes (and Ramsey) were in the PL with "PL players"...

All atrocious though when you really look at the black and white of it all.
      Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 29-11-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

And as Kit points out Hughes, Ramsey and Redknapp (even Warnock) includes the Prem period, so not really a fair comparison. So Holloway is totally languishing really.
        Could argue that Hughes and Ramsey had money to spend and Ollie doesn't. Even So, grim reading!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Could argue that Hughes and Ramsey had money to spend and Ollie doesn't. Even So, grim reading!
          Grim an understatement. Also Hughes and Ramsey were in PL with a team expected to be in or around the relegation zone. We seem to have an ok squad for level we are playing at.

If we are going to look at won rates what about loss rates?

Comment

If you read my post again I am talking win rates.
            Fair point, but depends what you decide which provides a more accurate assessment of a manager - win % or PPM?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              If we are going to look at won rates what about loss rates?
              Ramsey and Hughes both have a higher loss rate than IH (so far)

Comment

Ramsey and Hughes both have a higher loss rate than IH (so far)
                So nobody has a higher loss rate at Championship level, which arguably is more relevant?

Comment

Fair point, but depends what you decide which provides a more accurate assessment of a manager - win % or PPM?
                  It's all bollo*ks really - take a 1.2 PPG rate over 10 games:

Could be 1 win, 9 draws and no losses (10% win rate)

Could be 3 wins 3 draws and 4 losses (30% win rate)

Would I want to see more wins, less losses, a load of draws ?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    So nobody has a higher loss rate at Championship level, which arguably is more relevant?
                    Think this is the bottom line really.

Comment

It's all bollo*ks really - take a 1.2 PPG rate over 10 games:

Could be 1 win, 9 draws and no losses (10% win rate)

Could be 3 wins 3 draws and 4 losses (30% win rate)

Would I want to see more wins, less losses, a load of draws ?
                      What about the: 4 wins, 6 losses (40% win rate) or both not possible under Holloway

Comment

If you read my post again I am talking win rates. Also, Hughes (and Ramsey) were in the PL with "PL players"...

All atrocious though when you really look at the black and white of it all.
                        Arguably not prem league players given relegations

Comment

• Thing is boys however you look at it - ie ppm or win % - Ollie struggles.

I agree with Pinkie that its great that he cares. But that just isn't enough, we need some smart in there too. Some people say Ollie needs more time, but this isn't the 1970s. At a lot of clubs he'd have been gone by now, because failure is expensive. Its a shame its like that, but it is the reality.

Comment

• I don't think more time would make any difference. We have same problems we had last time around and other clubs have had. Square pegs in round holes, stubbornness to change. Questionable Plan A and no real Plan B. All blood and guts and no brains.

Very likeable character who cares but just too limited to get away with it in this day and age. Football has changed a lot, Ollie hasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                              What about the: 4 wins, 6 losses (40% win rate) or both not possible under Holloway
                              True...nice

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                Thing is boys however you look at it - ie ppm or win % - Ollie struggles.

I agree with Pinkie that its great that he cares. But that just isn't enough, we need some smart in there too. Some people say Ollie needs more time, but this isn't the 1970s. At a lot of clubs he'd have been gone by now, because failure is expensive. Its a shame its like that, but it is the reality.
                                Have to agree.

I'm not convinced like some that our squad is top half but I would almost be certain that someone who puts round pegs in round holes and can set up to play away from home would get a lot more out of this squad than Holloway.

Hate to say it but I do think we need a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X