Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we go for a new manager now, or wait till summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Unbelievable this thread
    What's unbelievable is our away record, and what is even more unbelievable is that he was appointed in the first place. And It's because this is a QPR board that people on here are unhappy. If you really love the club, you want the best for them, and no amount of fist pumping or badge kissing makes up for poor decisions. I'm sorry its like that, but the evidence is clear for all to see.

Comment

Unbelievable this thread & you lot wonder why ollies reacting the way he is, embarrising completely! is this a qpr board!
      Unbelievable managers get unbelievable threads

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Pinkie I admire your support of Olly but he has created this situation not the fans. He should not have said stay away that was simply stupid. He has created extra pressure on himself and perhaps that will be a good thing but equally now a defeat Saturday and he will get far more pelters had he not created this situation with stupid comments. We all know we got a point from a seemingly impossible position and it was funny seeing the Bees fans suffer but unfortunately the focus now is on what he said. Even in his apology he still harped on about playing them again and you have to ask why. We got a point at home to a side that drew at home to Burton and were overall better than us and all Smith will need to do is remind his players before the next meeting and his team talk is done. Just plain stupid !
        Kit ive said atleast 50 times now, but personally i dont blame him for one moment having a pop, the amount of disrespect hes been getting id be exactly the same, plenty #### him off on here all the time yet cry like little babies when hes bit back, if you cant take dont dish it out, obviously theres plenty who havnt done and i agree the comment shouldnt be aimed at them whatsoever! but theres far too much slagging going off and just on this forum for a start, to the point its obsession, & a flock of sheep following aswell, even when we do ok theres a few on here seemingly hate it, as they cant wait to stick the boot in straight away as somethings gone wrong or the opposition have just scored! it really doesnt feel like a forum for qpr, more like the opposition & its very draining.
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Pinkie, are you happy with team selection and tactics?

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
            Pinkie, are you happy with team selection and tactics?
            Olly ive said loads of times now, i am happy with our shape and how we play apart from a few poor games, but we are a few players short in this formation, ie wingbacks etc & grabbing more goals, but i like how we`re shaping up and we arent likely to be tearing up the league with everythings that going on, as said before its work in progress, & when you compare to how we was playing the last few years and the crap under jimmy yes im happy, and we now have a very good midfield and robinsons come through looking superb, also the fighting spirit, but you cant have it all at once, too many modern day fans on here who are too impatient! we was a mess last few seasons since ramsey took over & was going to take a while to sort! we could always get someone else in and lose the spirit and what we`re building here with someone who doesnt care really about us!

Comment

• Thing is you/we are going to hit slumps in a full season, so you dust yourself off, try to put things right and move on, panicking and throwing the toys out at anything and everything isnt going to get us nowhere!

Comment

• But Pinkie Ollie's record is the worst of our modern day managers. Keep hearing we have no money to spend but we signed a load of wingers but don't play in a system that uses wingers. Ollie just plays a wing back system but we don't have wing backs. Is completely chaotic to say the least. Keep going on these losing runs, not won away since February etc. Is dire save the odd game.

Comment

• We are constantly getting ripped on the counter attack playing three at the back, wing backs are caught out of position and their overlaps cause us major problems. That's why some think that four at the back sorts that out, and proper wingers do their job and concentrate solely on getting the crosses in to our two best headers of the ball, Smith or Sylla.

Comment

Olly ive said loads of times now, i am happy with our shape and how we play apart from a few poor games, but we are a few players short in this formation, ie wingbacks etc & grabbing more goals, but i like how we`re shaping up and we arent likely to be tearing up the league with everythings that going on, as said before its work in progress, & when you compare to how we was playing the last few years and the crap under jimmy yes im happy, and we now have a very good midfield and robinsons come through looking superb, also the fighting spirit, but you cant have it all at once, too many modern day fans on here who are too impatient! we was a mess last few seasons since ramsey took over & was going to take a while to sort! we could always get someone else in and lose the spirit and what we`re building here with someone who doesnt care really about us!
                    This is probably what Holloway thinks. But I`m not sure he will get his wish. Money is tight these days and Wszolek and Shopido etc could have done a job in a 4-4-2 system, but like you imply Wzsolek i.e. doesn`t fit his preferred system and will ultimately be sold. I think that is a shame. Selleing a player with flair from a like our QPR doesnt sit well with me at all. The very talented Shopido could be then next one out, who knows.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Never wanted Holloway so I'd of got rid of him the day after we employed him if I could. We haven't got a bad squad of players currently, we just need a decent manager - something we've been lacking since Warnock left.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        But Pinkie Ollie's record is the worst of our modern day managers.
                        It's not actually - Hughes, Ramsey, Sousa, JFH....all worse win rates

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          Never wanted Holloway so I'd of got rid of him the day after we employed him if I could. We haven't got a bad squad of players currently, we just need a decent manager - something we've been lacking since Warnock left.
                          This.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            It's not actually - Hughes, Ramsey, Sousa, JFH....all worse win rates
                            To be fair to Hughes and Ramsey their games were mainly in Premiership against much better sides than we are currently facing. I hated Hughes and still do, so i don't say this lightly :-)

Comment

• ollies tenure so far has been a massive roller coaster. we do well one week then unravel the next, theres no consistency with what ollie does especially with selection and tactics (apart from playing mackie all the time). we all know and see that wingbacks don't work for us, we don't have any wingbacks at the club nor the energy and pace to pull it off. you can't expect the likes of bidwell or pav to race up and down the line contributing to attack and defence, bidwell has gotten better at wingback don't get me wrong and he has a good cross on him but he doesn't have the dribbling skills, pace or attacking mindset that wingbacks need. if he was to start playing lb again with someone in front of him we'd have a very solid and reliable left back. pav was great last season for us and is one of those players that should be our spine, imo our core players should be smithies, robinson, pavel, the triumvirate and sylla with the rest of the team built around all of them. every other team does the exact same thing, we could easily play 451 with pavel and shodipo/bright on the wings as inside forwards. no idea what ollie was thinking playing sylla on the wing against brentford and mackie up front it makes zero sense and thats what irks me about ollie, he just assumes that coz someone like sylla is a threat in the box that he'd be a threat from the wing but it doesn't work like that.

at the start of the season ollie said he knows how he wants us to play but every game we see something different and multiple changes throughout a game. cousins is a box to box midfielder hes not a right wing back, play players to their strengths and have others to cover their weaknesses. the reason our midfield have blended so well is coz they all have different aspects, freemans attacking, scowens defensive and luongo does both.
                              we actually have a fairly good team but so many players are missing out or not developing right due to the style we play. if us fans can see it then why can't the management? guys like shodipo have so much to offer, hes confident and has flair in abundance, he takes on players and is a right menace at times yet hes rotting in the u23s. sure, hes not defensive minded but thats why you have a defence in the first place, let the defence, midfield and strikers do their jobs instead of multiple jobs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                To be fair to Hughes and Ramsey their games were mainly in Premiership against much better sides than we are currently facing. I hated Hughes and still do, so i don't say this lightly :-)
                                Yeah, i guess that skews it slightly, although you could probably argue that they had better players at their disposal that should have been able to perform at that level.

As for Hughes....personally cannot stand the bloke and would love to see him fail at Stoke.

Comment

Working...
                                X