Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we go for a new manager now, or wait till summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Yeah clements pulling up some trees tarbs! not......
    Not having a good time with Swansea. Trying to play too much football without the players to do it in my opinion, and will probably get binned. But I bet you he drops back down to the Championship afterwards and does well with someone. He's a decent manager in the making.

Only my opinion of course, wouldn't expect everyone to agree with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Not having a good time with Swansea. Trying to play too much football without the players to do it in my opinion, and will probably get binned. But I bet you he drops back down to the Championship afterwards and does well with someone. He's a decent manager in the making.

Just wish people would be more patient, ollies proved he does know his stuff by the great balance of our midfield, & will know exactly what he would like in certain positions, but limited with what he has to play with! but you cant argue hes done a great job on our midfield, and that was only in the last transfer window with scowen and freeman, he`ll know exactly what he needs for the next one too!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Just wish people would be more patient, ollies proved he does know his stuff by the great balance of our midfield, & will know exactly what he would like in certain positions, but limited with what he has to play with! but you cant argue hes done a great job on our midfield, and that was only in the last transfer window with scowen and freeman, he`ll know exactly what he needs for the next one too!
          But he's not improving mate. Where is the benefit in staying patient things are not improving?

Been through this on other threads. The experience we are having is a carbon copy of what Palace had and what Leicester had. It's only marginally better than the experience that Millwall had, which was enough for their fans to publicly vote him their worst manager of all time.

Time is not the issue here. What we are getting is standard Ollie performance.

I work in recruitment mate, and I know what my typical revenue is. Work for myself these days and I still generate about the same revenue (with a bit of inflation) as I did in my last job, which was about the same as I did in my job before that. If I was to go for an interview and they asked me what my typical revenues are I'd tell them, and I'd also tell them they could probably count on me for that. If they were to ask me "with a bit of patience can you generate an extra 50%?", I'd tell them probably not. My history speaks for itself. Aside from inflation pushing things up over time, I'd expect my billing to stay about that level.

By the same token, Ollie is good for just under a win every 3 games. Has been across the whole of the last 10 years with exception of Blackpool (where he was slightly higher) and Millwall (where he was a good bit lower). This is his standard level of performance mate. Of course we all have good years and bad years, but people tend to return to form over the long run.

To sit here an try to convince ourselves that something better is coming is madness mate. What we are getting is what we will continue to get!
          Last edited by Tarbie; 29-11-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Not sure where you're drawing your stats from Mush?

Mine reads (Points Per Match):

Dowie: 1.80
            Warnock: 1.50
            Magilton: 1.48
            Di Canio: 1.34
            Redknapp: 1.28
            JFH: 1.28
            Sousa: 1.27
            Ramsey: 1.22
            Holloway: 1.12
            Hughes: 0.88

And as Kit points out Hughes, Ramsey and Redknapp (even Warnock to a lesser degree) includes the Prem period, so not really a fair comparison. So Holloway is totally languishing really.

Let’s get Dowie back!

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              No just how they overran us and looked more like the home team.
              What when we had more possession ? Decent side but no way were we ever out of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                Illusions of grandeur; we're QPR not Man U.
                I understand the frustration of the team selections etc, but we tried the rotating managerial door multiple times without success.
                Most on here predicted and claimed they would be happy with mid table meritocracy and survival at the start of this season; and that is exactly where we are.
                Some wanted to see passion and fight for the badge, we have that in spades.
                I understand that I am in a minority and my views may not be taken well, but I feel kicking out IH will mean more seasons of bouncing around, we have been in far worse situations in the past and I find it frustrating reading posts that seem to relish losses and question wins/draws on such a consistant basis.
                Anyone who feels the need to tear into me on this, please use the PM function and I will be happy to have a chat
                We've tried rotating the managerial door with questionable and baffling appointments from the start though? As soon as we rotate it with decent appointments, people would would have more patience.

We cannot and should not just stick with the wrong man for the sake of principle.
                Last edited by West London is Rss; 29-11-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Bottom line, we hired an ex manager no-one else in the country wants; who'd resigned to this fact himself and went into TV punditry.

We hired a pundit - who next? Alan Curbishley?

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Bottom line, we hired an ex manager no-one else in the country wants; who'd resigned to this fact himself and went into TV punditry.

We hired a pundit - who next? Alan Curbishley?
                    He actually had turned jobs down to do that tv job and had said theres only one job he would of took and that was us!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• And we're so lucky to have him.............

Comment

He actually had turned jobs down to do that tv job and had said theres only one job he would of took and that was us!
                        Stacking shelves at Tesco's?

Comment

Wanted Clement before Ramsey was appointed and would still love him to become our manager. To me he is the right fit, up and coming Manager who has a strong link to Rangers. Met his Dad a few times, who was a lovely man and probably met PAUL as well as he had his sons with him on 2 occasions I met him through Greenford Boys Brigade.

Comment

Stacking shelves at Tesco's?

I'm sure he worked his socks off but kept trying to put the wrong items on the wrong shelves.

Comment

And anyway olly how about another option to not be getting rid and stand by ollie?
                              That was my bad Pinkie, I meant to say wait and re-evaluate in the summer, but was fuming and fed up with formations, and impatience got the better of me in putting it up. And can’t be changed now

Comment

Yeah right...

Comment

Working...
                                X