JFH's tiredness remark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFH's tiredness remark?

I'm a big fan of JFH and have liked the look of what he is doing with us, giving us our identity back but I have to say I was bemused by his tiredness remark and post match interview in general. Normally I think he says all the right things in interviews and is great but I thought his interview was like the performance, a bit odd, and confusing. I mean tiredness? a few games into the season? Not to mention the fact its his management style which he should know could cause the tiredness. If it is indeed tiredness, then surely it's his own fault, no?

I dunno if something had happened within the squad in the build-up to the game, but he just looked like he had no idea what the performance was all about or what he was supposed to say as an answer to it.

Interested to know other supporters views on it...

Baffling IMO.
    Load of rubbish
    65.85%
    True
    34.15%
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 22-08-2016, 11:23 AM.

I agree that the team looked as if it lacked energy. difficult to tell whether it was tiredness or attitude. They didn't support each other to provide passing options. Yemi was really disappointing and didn't seem to run into the right positions to receive the ball, and also provided no width. The defence were very poor and once again we were exposed defensively by a wide player (Chery) not doing his defensive job properly for the second goal (just like Phillips was often to blame last year)

Comment

From an outside view (meaning not present at training or match day), my main annoyance is how the CM situation is handled. I know that Henry and Luongo started well, and that we shouldn't break up a pairing that works. But when games come in quick succession like the do currently, we really need to rotate more in the middle of the pitch - as it is a major factor in both our defensive stability and our effectiveness going forward.

Henry played all our games so far - Luongo only sat out vs. Swindon. I really wanted to see Cousins in the middle, as his box-to-box capability are needed there. And then put El-Khayati, Shodipo, Petrasso, even Washington as a winger. So my point is, that in some of the crucial positions, the tiredness is JFH's own fault because of this lack of rotation.
      Last edited by peterlund.dk; 22-08-2016, 11:53 AM.
      QPR since 1993
      WATRB since 2015
      First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Shodipo is a strange one. Had a brilliant debut and has been benched ever since - Didn't even bring him on the other day.

Comment

Just an excuse. Polter has admitted that privately JFH went to work on them in the dressing room. JFH needed to say something to the press and hammering players isn't the way to do it.

Comment

I'm wondering if players get dropped for not closing down, it seemed to happen to Chery?

Comment

Don't believe 80% of what anyone in football says on TV as we know most of it is smoke screens. There would be uproar and sackings-a-plenty if players and managers told the truth all the time in interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Shodipo is a strange one. Had a brilliant debut and has been benched ever since - Didn't even bring him on the other day.
                In a game that was absolutely crying out for a change of style /tactics.

Comment

A poll for this? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    A poll for this? Really?
                    Love a poll.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      A poll for this? Really?
                      Really.

Comment

Could it be that he wanted the board to understand that he still needs additions to the squad? No? Have to say it seems strange that he still seems to play many players out of position, but anyway?
                        Last edited by Shania; 22-08-2016, 03:39 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

We do like trying to fit square pegs in round holes at Rangers, been that way for a while down the recent seasons.

At the moment we have a centre back playing right back, a centre midfielder playing right midfield, and a right midfielder playing left midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            In a game that was absolutely crying out for a change of style /tactics.
                            He doesn't have the tactical flexibility to do that. Its the Burton way or nothing with Jimmy. Hope he turns things round this term but honestly? No evidence of managerial suss beyond getting a dysfunctional bunch onto the park and running about a bit. That's why some of us were gobsmacked by the appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Could it be that he wanted the board to understand that he still needs additions to the squad? No? Have to say it seems strange that he still seems to play many players out of position, but anyway?
                              Not sure a game where we played so badly would persuade the board to make additions to the squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X