Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel to return for pre-season training - do we want him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be interesting to know is if we hadn't got promoted that season and Adel had had a bad season would people still want him here??

Are people just judging him on ONE season, 3 years ago and willing to waist a squad place for this reason??
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• 48 for.

42 against.

Amazing how divided we still are

Comment

• Im judging him on his abillity alone and that's after seeing him in the prem - including the year we was relegated. He still produced most of our chances and had that bit quality which we lacked. Again I ask at present who ibn our midfield is going to create the chance for our strikers?
        Of course we can afford 1 place for adel in a 25 man squad, there are loads of players with bad attitudes in teams all across the world. Its down to management and its up to the manager to keep them under a leash as much as possible. You just dont want 2, 3 or 4 adels in 1 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Im judging him on his abillity alone and that's after seeing him in the prem - including the year we was relegated. He still produced most of our chances and had that bit quality which we lacked. Again I ask at present who ibn our midfield is going to create the chance for our strikers?
          Of course we can afford 1 place for adel in a 25 man squad, there are loads of players with bad attitudes in teams all across the world. Its down to management and its up to the manager to keep them under a leash as much as possible. You just dont want 2, 3 or 4 adels in 1 team.
          Seemed to be most settled when managed by someone who was a top player themselves. I don't remember any stories about attitude when Hughes was charge or from Milan where seedorf was manager. I imagine it's a respect thing that those people have done what he wants to so is more likely to listen to them. Whether it's right or wrong is another matter but id rather watch a team with Adel than one without

Comment

Im judging him on his abillity alone and that's after seeing him in the prem - including the year we was relegated. He still produced most of our chances and had that bit quality which we lacked. Again I ask at present who ibn our midfield is going to create the chance for our strikers?
            Agree we've not got much/any creativity in midfield but that's what the transfer window is for.... why gamble a squad place with someone who's notoriously got a bad attitude when we could bring a new fresh creative midfielder in the window....
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Of course we should hang onto him. Good management can handle crazy stuff, that's where support systems and psychologists earn their crust. What you have to ask yourself is, given our squad, would a world class management set up keep him? Of course they would, because they would be confident about getting the best out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Of course we should hang onto him. Good management can handle crazy stuff, that's where support systems and psychologists earn their crust. What you have to ask yourself is, given our squad, would a world class management set up keep him? Of course they would, because they would be confident about getting the best out of him.
                The only wa
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  Of course we should hang onto him. Good management can handle crazy stuff, that's where support systems and psychologists earn their crust. What you have to ask yourself is, given our squad, would a world class management set up keep him? Of course they would, because they would be confident about getting the best out of him.
                  The only way to get the best out of Adel is to get the team to revolve around him and IMO that is not an option!! Time to move on.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• One of the most divisive players in our history I'd imagine!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      What would be interesting to know is if we hadn't got promoted that season and Adel had had a bad season would people still want him here??

Are people just judging him on ONE season, 3 years ago and willing to waist a squad place for this reason??
                      The guy absolutely destroyed that league, and although he didn't carry that on into the prem as much as we wanted him to, he still was our best player. He was right up there with the chances created stat, whenever he didn't play we were awful. I am judging him on that. Saying that, he has to go. Done well at Milan and he's probably got his mind set on a move to a bigger club now. Maybe there's a small chance he wants to play here..if so great lol, highly doubt it though!
                      Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 07-07-2014, 01:12 PM.
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                        The guy absolutely destroyed that league, and although he didn't carry that on into the prem as much as we wanted him to, he still was our best player. He was right up there with the chances created stat, whenever he didn't play we were awful. I am judging him on that. Saying that, he has to go. Done well at Milan and he's probably got his mind set on a move to a bigger club now.
                        But that one season where he played fantastically the whole team was structured around him.... how do you think he would've done had he just been treated like any other footballer? Sure he probably would've scored a few good goals and done a couple of great tricks but at the end of the season he would've been about average.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Agree we've not got much/any creativity in midfield but that's what the transfer window is for.... why gamble a squad place with someone who's notoriously got a bad attitude when we could bring a new fresh creative midfielder in the window....
                          I know what your saying nick, my thinking atm is money tbh. It looks lit atm we have prioritized defence and attack with bids of near 20 mill if to be believed on players so far. tf said we wont be selling some of the players a lot of us think will go and keeping taarabt means we dont have to go out and buy a creative midfielder no 10 type player for 10 mill and we can spend money on a decent cm who got a engine and maybe a winger.

Tbf personally i just think he's a exceptional talent and one if in the right sort of team could be a exceptional player. I think he struggled at fulham and a little bit at us when we got relegated becuase the teams as a genral were pretty poor.

Comment

I know what your saying nick, my thinking atm is money tbh. It looks lit atm we have prioritized defence and attack with bids of near 20 mill if to be believed on players so far. tf said we wont be selling some of the players a lot of us think will go and keeping taarabt means we dont have to go out and buy a creative midfielder no 10 type player for 10 mill and we can spend money on a decent cm who got a engine and maybe a winger.

Tbf personally i just think he's a exceptional talent and one if in the right sort of team could be a exceptional player. I think he struggled at fulham and a little bit at us when we got relegated becuase the teams as a genral were pretty poor.
                            I've never questioned his ability and like you think highly of his talent, my problem with Adel is his attitude. And with all the hard work done by HR and TF to get rid of the divide in the dressing room by clearing out the bad one's to get a real sense of togetherness, only to risk all of that hard work. I personally think its to much of a risk. I think he's had too many chances and with the team being as positive now as it has ever been I think its finally time for a fresh start.... with new player's.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I've never questioned his ability and like you think highly of his talent, my problem with Adel is his attitude. And with all the hard work done by HR and TF to get rid of the divide in the dressing room by clearing out the bad one's to get a real sense of togetherness, only to risk all of that hard work. I personally think its to much of a risk. I think he's had too many chances and with the team being as positive now as it has ever been I think its finally time for a fresh start.... with new player's.
                              He probably as used up all his 9 lives in all fairness. With adel its a opinion thing and down to the manager tbh. Some will love him some will hate him. I honestly dont think adel in a squad of 25 players who are pretty much all together would be to much of a problem. Adel in a squad of 25 where we have 5 or 6 bad eggs is another story all together. I think hes the type of lad who is easily influenced good or bad.

Comment

• the reality is no one here (to my knowledge) knows him or what he's actually like.

he has had bad episodes in his past but the way QPR have been run has been an absolute joke at times. he's young and ambitious and has shown at Milan that he's willing to knuckle down when needed. he's also twice the player of anyone we've got so it makes sense to hold on to him.

it is easy to blame a few 'bad eggs' when the team is doing shite, but that's an easy excuse for the managers/coaches IMO. we got relegated because the players/management/coaches weren't good enough, not cos some 23 year old turned up late for training.

Comment

Working...
                                X