No announcement yet.

So whats a good result from the First Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would take a draw now but even a 1-0 defeat wouldn't be the end of the world.

Can see us sitting deep and giving the ball our wide men asap and as much as possible to hit them on the break. Personally think this game is set up for Traore and Hoilett as our wide players.

Got a few mates who support Blackburn and they said the pace of Conway and King caused Wigan untold problems at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
      It would be great if we come to Loftus Road level at least, I would hate for us to have to be clawing back from a goal or two down!
      Agreed! I don't think a 1-0 loss would be a good result; it would definitely make Wigan favourites to advance.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

lots of beers, picking up a right norvern sort oh and a QPR win of course.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          what I was trying to say was even if we beat them 2-0 at theirs, they are good enough to reverse that at ours. Personally think they are the best side in the play-offs
          Whilst i agree Wigan are definitely a decent side I am hoping these 2 games will be a couple too many for the season. They tailed off sharply after the semi final defeat, it will be close thats for sure but I do fancy us to get to Wembley.

Comment

If we can come back to LR with no more than a 2 goal deficit then I reckon we've got a chance. Say we lose 2-0 or 3-1 and go into HT with a 1-0 lead.... The crowd could really play our part by really ramping up the noise as it has got to inspire and translate to the players.... How many matches have we had at home when the majority of the game is played in relative silence.... We all mention the Oldham play off night and this could go down in R's folklore as one of those nights when we can proudly say, I was there.... COYR's

Copied and pasted from another thread....

Comment

Fully expect Wigan to go at us on Friday night. A draw would be a great result for us in my book.

Comment

4-0 win? seriously anything to a 1-0 defeat wont be too bad dont want to be out of it before we get to HQ

Comment

id take a 0-0.. im gona be bricking it all week this week

Comment

draw and no fresh injuries would be fine
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      draw and no fresh injuries would be fine
                      Exactly this. If we can not pick up any injuries over the 2 legs then I really fancy us for the final!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I think a 1-0 loss is probably better than a 1-0 win or draw up there.

If we have to attack Wigan at home we have the tools to win by 2 or 3. If we adopt a "keep it tight at home plan" not only will it be dull but we could also get turned over

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

If we have to attack Wigan at home we have the tools to win by 2 or 3. If we adopt a "keep it tight at home plan" not only will it be dull but we could also get turned over
                          A loss is better than a win or draw????

Think I'd prefer a win.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                            Adding a poll now, let's see how many agree
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I would honestly settle for a solid team performance where we are creating chances and looking and feeling good even if we lose by the odd goal. It's all about confidence and bringing them back to LR knowing that we're capable of finishing them off because of how well we're playing.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                                I would honestly settle for a solid team performance where we are creating chances and looking and feeling good even if we lose by the odd goal. It's all about confidence and bringing them back to LR knowing that we're capable of finishing them off because of how well we're playing.
                                I doubt we'll be creating many chances, an open game at Wigan would be a terrible approach and could see us battered.

A solid team display, doing the simple things while using the pace of Traore and Hoilett to counter will be the approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X