No announcement yet.

Does anyone miss Mackie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mackie certainly has heart, strength and endurance, but he was consistently being played over more talented and experienced strikers and wingers last season, and that was a huge problem. He was not quite a striker because of his poor finishing ability (at least at the PL level), and not really a winger either with his lack of willingness and/or ability to feed the ball to our strikers.

Mackie is not a better striker nor winger than any of our current strikers and wingers, but he could have been useful this season as a sub. However, Mackie wanted too much playing time; if he continued to start almost every game like he wanted, we probably would not be faring as well as we are. All in all, I think it was best for both him and the team that he move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Joon View Post
      Mackie certainly has heart, strength and endurance, but he was consistently being played over more talented and experienced strikers and wingers last season, and that was a huge problem. He was not quite a striker because of his poor finishing ability (at least at the PL level), and not really a winger either with his lack of willingness and/or ability to feed the ball to our strikers.
      I'd rather have a less talented player like Mackie chasing the ball, then Champions League winning Cisse who didnt bother to move (and when he did he was offside). You can be an amazing player but whats the point if you cant be bothered?

This season we have quality players who put the effort in, something so badly missing last season

Comment

never a starter for us but a great impact sub. but he wanted more than that so all the best to him.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Wouldn't say he is the striker we're missing. More of a hard-working winger, which is vital in a side with another philosophy - doesn't fit in our current way of playing ball in my opinion, lacks vision for the game.

Comment

i miss his energy and enthusiasm but he wasnt a great footballer to be honest and as much as i miss his 100% attitude i dont really think hes needed and is defo not a top flight player!!

Comment

As much as I did like a few of the players that have been shipped out and, at the time, was a bit gutted they were gone, I don't miss anybody.

The energy and fight that our current crop of players are showing as a unit is superb to watch and a complete stark contract to what we've been used to the past 2 years. Have barely passed a thought to any of our players we've shipped out tbh, to busy enjoying our start to the season.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I never knew him personally so can't say that I miss him as such. He always gave 100% when he played but we're undefeated in the league, top and the team is playing with more spirit and togetherness than last season so based on his contribution to the team, currently I'd have to say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                  we're joint top of the league
                  where exactly is he missed?
                  Just say Austin gets injured... Mackie could have stepped in

Comment

NO deffo looking at the team we have at the moment would he get in this side don't think so with Hoillett, Phillips. SWP, still not in the team he would be well down the pecking order, May haev got in as an emergency striker to play alongside Charlie? but still not sure he wouldv'e done

Comment

I like Mackie but am glad for us and him that he moved on.

Great to see that we now have a squad that has the same desire and spirit to play for us as he did though.

Comment

So almost 80% are not bothered he's gone. That settles that then.

Comment

I miss his 100% commitment. I dont think any 1 can argue that.
                          But his quality just wasn't there. U could see that in the premier league & the championship this season is going to be as tough as its ever been.

So to answer your question, no!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Can the poll be edited? I am looking for 'like a kick in the bowlarks'?
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

the man put in a lot of sweat for the club. just wasn't up to snuff for what we needed
                              Rangers Til I Die
                              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

lovely lad with a very attractive missus!
                                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X