No announcement yet.

Debate on the new ground.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25k with a view to expand. Not too much too soon or we will look like tw@ts (ala Coventry) with an empty ground. We don't have alot of fans!

Infairness I love Loftus Road and don't really want to leave, but I suppose if we want to grow and expand as a club we will need to accept some change.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
      Go BIG or go home. 40k seater with retractable seats and sliding roof will be the plan. Beard will make sure the stadium will not only be a great football ground but also one of the beat venues in London to hold concerts ect.
      That is not a bad idea and Beard has the O2 experience under his belt and that is a big success story.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        25k with a view to expand. Not too much too soon or we will look like tw@ts (ala Coventry) with an empty ground. We don't have alot of fans!

Infairness I love Loftus Road and don't really want to leave, but I suppose if we want to grow and expand as a club we will

need to accept some change.

spot on matty....25-28000 more than big enough with further extending capabilities!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          Doesn't that just prove they have a long-term vision?
          Surely you should approve of that?
          How does it prove that? It is looking increasingly like they want to build a stadium in spite of us getting relegated and probably even in spite of us being unable to get promoted any time soon. A gamble because increased gate revenue by itself (without PL money, and parachute payments don't count because the are just not enough for everything including stadium construction) won't pay for the new stadium in our lifetimes. Hence I would call their current approach "long-term blinkered vision". Spend spend spend what we don't have and pray that it is all recouped at some vague point in the future. Bad business.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Welcome to the site dREaMY.

Stay at Loftus Road - For the long term this option is just not any good, as it is we have the smallest ground in the EPL.

New 40,000 seater - We are not going to fill the ground very quickly, plus there will be a time when we'll need to expand again in the future.

25-30,000 seater with view to expand - Best option by far, build a new ground that can hold 25 to 30,000, which we can expand very quickly. We need a new ground to keep up with everyone else, plus the more revenue we can generate. If we can't still can't fill the ground, let the local schools come in for free.

Comment

For every Coventry,there is a success story.Soton,Reading,Cardiff,Swansea being examples.Plus,this ground will be in a much more desirable location(in terms of attracting concerts,exhibitions and other sports,)that is,if they do the right thing and build it with a sliding roof.With Earls Court going,there is a void in terms of an indoor venue.It seems their idea is for the stadium to be part of a bigger leisure complex,with great public transport links(being next to HS2,as well as local transport)All those things the Ricoh doesnt have

Comment

Originally posted by blueboy View Post
                For every Coventry,there is a success story.Soton,Reading,Cardiff,Swansea being examples.Plus,this ground will be in a much more desirable location(in terms of attracting concerts,exhibitions and other sports,)that is,if they do the right thing and build it with a sliding roof.With Earls Court going,there is a void in terms of an indoor venue.It seems their idea is for the stadium to be part of a bigger leisure complex,with great public transport links(being next to HS2,as well as local transport)All those things the Ricoh doesnt have
                If your going to do it... this is that time!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  How does it prove that? It is looking increasingly like they want to build a stadium in spite of us getting relegated and probably even in spite of us being unable to get promoted any time soon. A gamble because increased gate revenue by itself (without PL money, and parachute payments don't count because the are just not enough for everything including stadium construction) won't pay for the new stadium in our lifetimes. Hence I would call their current approach "long-term blinkered vision". Spend spend spend what we don't have and pray that it is all recouped at some vague point in the future. Bad business.

what will (help) pay for the new stadium will be income from other events.
                  just to compare,the O2 arena made $121 million during 2010
                  Last edited by blueboy; 17-04-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blueboy View Post
                    what will (help) pay for the new stadium will be income from other events.
                    Presuming we do return to the PL at some point, how would that work out vis-a-vis Sky and their predilection for moving dates and times at short notice to suit their schedule? Jedward fans are not going to take too kindly to being moved from a Sunday at 7pm to Thursday at 11am at 72 hours notice; hell to pay

Comment

Only time will tell. It is your opinion that they are doing it 'probably in spite of us being unable to get promoted any time soon' Lets hope they don't have the same mindset as you.

Comment

Coventry V London. Hardly comparable is it?

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                          Presuming we do return to the PL at some point, how would that work out vis-a-vis Sky and their predilection for moving dates and times at short notice to suit their schedule? Jedward fans are not going to take too kindly to being moved from a Sunday at 7pm to Thursday at 11am at 72 hours notice; hell to pay
                          i'm sure there is a way around this.Turnaround times at modern indoor arena's are pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            Only time will tell. It is your opinion that they are doing it 'probably in spite of us being unable to get promoted any time soon' Lets hope they don't have the same mindset as you.
                            I think we are pretty safe to assume that they don't have the same mindset as me. I would have kicked Hughes out of the club much sooner and would have been much more conservative in strengthening the team.
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I think we are pretty safe to assume that they don't have the same mindset as me. I would have kicked Hughes out of the club much sooner and would have been much more conservative in strengthening the team.
                              We agree on both of those issues.

Comment

Is this what Fernandes & Co are buying into?

http://www.estatesgazette.com/blogs/...ture-poss.html

Comment

Working...
                                X