Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Please delete my account

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fraggy
    Administrator
    • Aug 2010
    • 9728

    #16
    Originally posted by hal9thou
    Are bulletin boards required to be GDPR compliant?

    And if so, is part of that compliance acceding to deletion requests?

    Who knows?
    Great question. I had a quick look to try and find out that answer, certain Euro government sites say no, some say if you employee more than 250 people, then yes.
    The general consensus, is that as members on a forum are using pseudonyms, as opposed to real names, then there is no need to be GDPR compliant.
    I am sure one of our legal eagles on here can shine more light on this for us.
    In the meantime, please be aware, that the only info retrained, is the actual info you the member enters on your profile. I am a tad confused as to why this is being made into more of a drama than it needs to be.
    We don't hold any info on your bank details, physical address and we are not even able to see your passwords.
    We have the username that you made up, date of birth if you chose to enter the correct one and an email address.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

    Comment

    • QPR1234
      Gold Seat
      • Mar 2009
      • 5250

      #17
      Originally posted by Fraggy

      Great question. I had a quick look to try and find out that answer, certain Euro government sites say no, some say if you employee more than 250 people, then yes.
      The general consensus, is that as members on a forum are using pseudonyms, as opposed to real names, then there is no need to be GDPR compliant.
      I am sure one of our legal eagles on here can shine more light on this for us.
      In the meantime, please be aware, that the only info retrained, is the actual info you the member enters on your profile. I am a tad confused as to why this is being made into more of a drama than it needs to be.
      We don't hold any info on your bank details, physical address and we are not even able to see your passwords.
      We have the username that you made up, date of birth if you chose to enter the correct one and an email address.
      What information you hold is irrelevant to importance, having an email address and a name can lead to somebody socially engineering sensitive information from other sites. With regards to GDPR, I have no context on if this affects this particular forum, but it does go against everything else I am seeing from other sites when being able to access, edit or delete my data should I choose to. Making a big deal is completely on the side of the administrators/owner here, If I request or choose to delete my account of other sites, I am able to, but not on this website. The fact that you wont delete my account because it structurally breaks the threads I've contributed to - is a flaw of the software you've chosen to host a public forum, nothing to do with me. I should be the one who decides to delete my data. Additional to this, on first glance.. I am unable to change my DOB and username using this site, why?!.
      Last edited by QPR1234; 24-05-2018, 02:03 PM.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

      Please Follow My Twitter

      Comment

      • Fraggy
        Administrator
        • Aug 2010
        • 9728

        #18
        Hi GaxZE, we don't have your actual name on our database.
        As stated above, we only have the info you yourself submitted.
        I can zero out your D.O.B. if that is what you would like me to do?
        But I am unable to change or delete your username as again, that would corrupt any threads that you have posted on.
        I will forward you frustration to our site tech guy, to see if there is anything else we can do to accommodate your request.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

        Comment

        • QPR1234
          Gold Seat
          • Mar 2009
          • 5250

          #19
          Originally posted by Fraggy
          Hi GaxZE, we don't have your actual name on our database.
          As stated above, we only have the info you yourself submitted.
          I can zero out your D.O.B. if that is what you would like me to do?
          But I am unable to change or delete your username as again, that would corrupt any threads that you have posted on.
          I will forward you frustration to our site tech guy, to see if there is anything else we can do to accommodate your request.
          I've dropped you a private message on this.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

          Please Follow My Twitter

          Comment

          • Fraggy
            Administrator
            • Aug 2010
            • 9728

            #20
            Originally posted by GaxZE

            I've dropped you a private message on this.
            Hey Gax, I did read your PM, but as stated in post 18 on here, changing a username can cause the same issues as deleting an account.
            I have forwarded your request to the site owner and will update you via PM once he replies.
            Thanks for your patience, I will be in touch soon
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

            Comment

            Working...