Troops at Loftus Rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troops at Loftus Rd

I have e-mailed the club this morning asking if they will consider offering free or reduced tickets for a game to troops from the 2nd Battalian Royal Fusiliers who are returning from Afghanistan next week to Hounslow Barracks.

They sufffered many fatalities out there and I would as a QPR fan be proud to have them at Loftus Rd and for us all to show how much we appreciate what they are doing.

Please feel free to add your support if you agree with this idea as we are told the Club staff read the messageboards.

Great shout.

Glasgow Rangers did it themselves.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      I have e-mailed the club this morning asking if they will consider offering free or reduced tickets for a game to troops from the 2nd Battalian Royal Fusiliers who are returning from Afghanistan next week to Hounslow Barracks.

They sufffered many fatalities out there and I would as a QPR fan be proud to have them at Loftus Rd and for us all to show how much we appreciate what they are doing.

Please feel free to add your support if you agree with this idea as we are told the Club staff read the messageboards.
      Excellent idea. We haven't always seen eye to eye in the past, but will back you to the hilt on this one.

As an ex-squaddie (Falklands, NI and GW1) I would like to point out just how much recognition like this means to the lads.

Come on my club, lets do something for the lads....
      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Can we do a joint email some how with people putting their names down from here?Might push them a bit.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I am in full support of anything the club can do for the troops, particularly as my eldest has just joined up.
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

As a ex soldier I think it would be great for the lads, they was part of my divison when i was training many years ago, I had a friend named Peter Macdonald who was killed in Northern Ireland who served with them.

Comment

Afghanistan or Hounslow..hmm I am not sure what is worse.

Only being silly, I think it is a great touch and the club should reward these hero's that are just trying to do a job in awful conditions.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

here, here...

Comment

They really do put it on the line for us.

A young man who my brother went to school with was blown up last week. Sad times.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Great idea Isleworth. I have just e-mailed the club supporting your request
                    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Saw on SSN the other day, Cardiff City did the same thing too.
                      Free tickets, and a quick parade on the pitch.

Meant a lot to those blokes.

Great idea.

Comment

Hope the club had this planned all along without fans giving them ideas.

Comment

Can we sticky this please?
                          A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Ex forces myself you get my backing all the way.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
                            Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
                            They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
                            They fell with their faces to the foe.
                            They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
                            Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
                            At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
                            We will remember them.
                            Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Nuffeild i see you lot in action in return of the jedi,special forces have nothing on you boys.
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X