Redknapp talking himself out of a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redknapp talking himself out of a job

Redknapp is constantly down Rangers with we could get relegated and other quotes I'm sure he is saying these things so that he is sacked, and pick up a nice pay off, if I was a director of the club I would have him in front of the board, because at the end of the day fans want to hear some positives not downers, I for one want Redknapp out of the club, and get someone in that can get on with the job instead of complaining to the media.

A lot of negative vibes for Redknapp today. I made my feelings clear on another post & he's talking himself out of me liking him more & more for sure
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Most of it to be fair is him probably being realistic but I must admit its a little wearing hearing nonsense about bad pitches & the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
        Most of it to be fair is him probably being realistic but I must admit its a little wearing hearing nonsense about bad pitches & the like.
        Some of it is valid of course, but its all about excuses with him and i'm getting sick of it personally.

If he's as good as he's supposed to be, he should be able to galvanise a group and get them performing. Most of our squad have performed at other clubs, so are not bad players. He's also brought in half a side himself yet still makes the same excuses. Just get on with it ffs.

Comment

Come on lads he aint downing rangers, hes saying what we all know. Redknapp is famous for calling it how he sees it! but we all see it if we're honest. REBUILD essential. Whoever is the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
            Come on lads he aint downing rangers, hes saying what we all know. Redknapp is famous for calling it how he sees it! but we all see it if we're honest. REBUILD essential. Whoever is the manager.
            Yes but he conveniently labels all blame elsewhere and never accepts any himself. They've all collectively failed, Hughes, Redknapp, players. End of.

Comment

Said it a million times & will say it again. With the seasoned professionals he had at his disposal he should of done a lot better.

IMO.

Comment

We are a very poor football team... he is right about that. I think he's letting the players know that they have let everyone down.

Comment

For me the biggest thing that doesn't ring true is how he keeps changing his excuses from one week to the next. First it's all down to the players not having enough character, then the next week it's all because they're not being good enough quality-wise. Then he blames his dream front-pairing of Remy and Zamora not being available at the same time, when neither have actually produced a thing in the last two games (barring Remy's penalty). It's one excuse after the next with him and when the reasons constantly change it's obvious that he's being dishonest, which is made all the more obvious by the way he mumbles incoherently and shiftily hesitates over his answers and never looks the interviewer in the eye. In summary, other than his interview for the club, he has been extremely negative with the media ever since Everton away.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Some of it is valid of course, but its all about excuses with him and i'm getting sick of it personally.

If he's as good as he's supposed to be, he should be able to galvanise a group and get them performing. Most of our squad have performed at other clubs, so are not bad players. He's also brought in half a side himself yet still makes the same excuses. Just get on with it ffs.
                    I agree with most of that. The players are not as bad as he makes out. They clearly have issues as a team of players, but as individuals they are not a set of mid table Championship players.

Mbia Bosingwa Park Granero Hoilett Zamora Fabio etc are not 2nd rate players. They have not been moulded into a team firstly by Hughes and now by Redknapp.
                    Having added Remy Samba Jenas and Townsend he should have managed to get more than 2 wins since 2 Feb. if he spent as much time motivating them and giving them confidence as he had in putting them down they would probably have made more of a fight of it.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      I agree with most of that. The players are not as bad as he makes out. They clearly have issues as a team of players, but as individuals they are not a set of mid table Championship players.

Mbia Bosingwa Park Granero Hoilett Zamora Fabio etc are not 2nd rate players. They have not been moulded into a team firstly by Hughes and now by Redknapp.
                      Having added Remy Samba Jenas and Townsend he should have managed to get more than 2 wins since 2 Feb. if he spent as much time motivating them and giving them confidence as he had in putting them down they would probably have made more of a fight of it.
                      Think you're on your own there ..........the majority on here haven't had a good word for these players........

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Think you're on your own there ..........the majority on here haven't had a good word for these players........
                        I still wouldn't describe them as "2nd rate players". The point is that their performances this season have been 2nd rate due to a combination of a split dressing room, poor team spirit and destroyed confidence following poor results.

And the responsibility for that ultimately lies with TF for NOT appointing 'football people' (i.e. Philip Beard) to oversee the day-to-day running of the club in his absence.

By his own admission he has been "naive" in that regard, and 50 million spunked £'s later, admits it was a mistake which he claims to have now learnt from.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                          We are a very poor football team... he is right about that. I think he's letting the players know that they have let everyone down.
                          it seems like he has been letting them know that every single day for the past month. It's all very repetitive, it's negative and it's boring. He doesn't sound very enthusiastic about the club's future plans does he

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            There are title winners there and Champions league winners as well as internationals. They are good players who for various reasons have failed at QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              There are title winners there and Champions league winners as well as internationals. They are good players who for various reasons have failed at QPR.
                              They needed to be managed properly. I don't know why Redknapp is saying they don't have the quality when they've played at the highest level. Is he trying to say that Cesar, Remy, Granero, Bosingwa, Park and SWP played at the highest level by fluke. We all know the majority of them have been useless, but his job was to motivate them and he has failed to do it. It's a shame because I was happy when he joined us, now he just doesn't seem bothered any more

Comment

Working...
                              X