Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimately the squad is NOT good enough......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McPete, you continually talk about those 9 games, but what about the fact we had 1 away win in the league up to mid January.

The team has been inconsistent all season and that is why we are not in a playoff spot

Comment

Tinkering cost us, not the squad
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The squad cost us not tinkering.
        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by NewCrossHoop View Post
          McPete, you continually talk about those 9 games, but what about the fact we had 1 away win in the league up to mid January.

The team has been inconsistent all season and that is why we are not in a playoff spot

oi less of the FACTS on here..

Comment

lets deal in facts

4 points from 27.

we lost 23 points.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
              oi less of the FACTS on here..
              I feel comfortable with that fact since it is actually true unlike many wannabe facts that are generally placed in upper case

Comment

McPete - what about Dowies 1 in 15? and Ainsworths run...

Comment

This squad may be good enough to get a Play Off spot Pete, but it's definately not good enough to win the Play Offs. Therefore the Play Offs are insignificant, its all about automatic promotion and thats what the club should be aiming for.

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                    The squad cost us not tinkering.
                    No Pete...Please mate!!!
                    I respect your opinion and you're a good mate of mine, but STOP!!!

Look at our main players...

Cerny - I rate him, but only just good enough so I won't mention Camp!!!

Delaney - Far too inconsistant

Gorkks - Class

Stewart - Not his biggest fan, but he's played well this season

Ramage - Gotten better as the season wore on. Not sure he's good enough to be a key 1st team member.

Hall - Don't rate him at all.

Connolley - Class

Cook - Been pretty poor this season, but not one of our worst. I still have high hopes for him.

Routledge - Very good.

Leggs - Does his job better than given credit

Mahon - Far too inconsitant

Miller - Can't work him out

Aggy - Does a job. Decent squad player

Di Carmine - Out of his depth, I feel

Taarabt - Too early to say, but from what I've seen, we need to pull out all the stops to loan him next season.

Alberti - Can't see him working out...Can you?

Balanta - Has undoubted potential

Blackstock - The only striker capable of scoring...and we loan him out :(

Missed very much...

Buzz
                    Vine
                    Rowlands

Didn't work out...

Parejo
                    Ledesma
                    Tomassi

Sorry if I missed anyone out, but if you agree this is a fair evaluation, you'd have to agree the squad is NOT good enough???!!!
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Well said w12ranger.Not only should we be looking for automatic promotion ,but having a team capable of sustaining a Premiership place and not become a yo-yo team like WBA. What we have got,or thought we had,was a board with considerably more financial clout than any other team in the Championship ( and a lot in the Premiership too) and sponsorship that other clubs can only dream about.What have we done with all that money ? I put the blame firmly at the feet of Briatore.His priorities are all wrong and the way he is going, nothing much is going to change next season which will be a lot harder than this season.FB's statement that he will walk away if he gets any hassle from the fans,speaks volumes,yet he was happy to take all the plaudits and bathe in the adoration when he took over 20 months ago.:boss:

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee2 View Post
                        Well said w12ranger.Not only should we be looking for automatic promotion ,but having a team capable of sustaining a Premiership place and not become a yo-yo team like WBA. What we have got,or thought we had,was a board with considerably more financial clout than any other team in the Championship ( and a lot in the Premiership too) and sponsorship that other clubs can only dream about.What have we done with all that money ? I put the blame firmly at the feet of Briatore.His priorities are all wrong and the way he is going, nothing much is going to change next season which will be a lot harder than this season.FB's statement that he will walk away if he gets any hassle from the fans,speaks volumes,yet he was happy to take all the plaudits and bathe in the adoration when he took over 20 months ago.:boss:
                        Thanks, it does make wonder about Pete and his obsession to get to the Premiership as quickly as possible. How long has he been a regular at LR??? because he seems rather excited about watching us play at Old Trafford and Anfield even though we would be on the end of a proper tanking. The last time i went to Anfield we drew 1-1 (Gallen) and OT we lost 2-1 (Gallen) or 2-0 in FA Cup can't remember which was the last one. My point is all three of those fixtures I travelled there with the belief we could win, would that happen if we fluked it through the play offs...off course not.

Sousa has made a statement this week asking for more time so he can build this club from the bottom which says to me he is in it for the long haul. Sousa is no mercenary unlike Dowie who wouldn't agree to manage us until we first cleared all his debts with Jordon - fantastic bit off business that was Gianni all 600000 of them.

I don't care if it takes us 3 years to get to the Prem now as long as this club is sutainable, we are playing entertaining football and we start reaping the rewards of our youth system eventually.
                        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 03-04-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

i think many of us doubt if the current squad is good enough to go a whole season without injury problems and get promoted. not much spending in the summer seems likely. possibly another season where we are in 2010-11. by that time gold prices could be well over £700.

Comment

Pete- at the end of the 46 games this season we won't be in the play offs. Therefore our squad is not good enough.

Simple.
                            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Tinkering didn't lose us the game at Doncaster. Players' mistakes did.

It didn't lose us the game at Barnsley. Players' mistakes did.

It didn't drop 2 points at Forest. Dodgy keeping did.

It didn't stop us scoring a winner at Charlton. A silly foul did.

It didn't miss an open goal at Palace. A striker did.

It didn't hand Ipswich the game on a plate. A midfielder being booed by his own fans did.

There's at least 12 points dropped.

That's just off the top of my head - And you still say the players are good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                                Okay.

How many of the Sheffield Utd, Burnley, Preston, Bristol City, Swansea players would get into our team?

I posted Swansea the other day and I was given 2-3

We mention Adebola and get lambasted.

All those players play in teams above us.
                                This reminds me Pete you bet me earlier in the season that QPR would finish above Burnley and if they didn't you would donate £5 to the Kiyan Prince Foundation. A lot has to change for you not to be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X