No announcement yet.

Sylla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is all very fine. Sylla want to stay on the pitch and work for the team. Ollie wants respect from his players. As others have said, this is a molehill turned into a mountain, and some of the comments here seem way over the top.
    QPR since 1993
    WATRB since 2015
    First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Chery can do what he wants at Fulham when coming off and is a god, Sylla has a little sulk but comes off and all hell breaks loose.

Thought Ollie handled it well.

Comment

This isn't about Sylla. It's about learning when it is advisable to go public. The press know Olly can't help himself and will feed him all day long. There's a very simple solution: give them Birch.

Comment

The last things we needs is built pressure on our players before an important derby. I think we did made a mountain out of molehole and now we must stop commenting and leave the players to make the talking on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            This isn't about Sylla. It's about learning when it is advisable to go public. The press know Olly can't help himself and will feed him all day long. There's a very simple solution: give them Birch.
            That's a bit harsh giving them the birch!

Comment

I didn't know why we took Sylla off and clearly he didn't know either. With that being said, after everything happens, speak to the manager, be calm and just explain that he felt he could make more of a difference and he had a goal in him. Manager gives him a chance in the next game to prove that and boom, now you have a motivated player who wants to score in the next game. Managers should look at players questioning their decisions as opportunities to motivate the player, as opposed to creating any tension.

This story is really nothing bad at all, it's being overdramatised because we haven't had much bad news in the last few weeks. With that being said, handling it differently (and I'm surprised that Ollie didn't take that route as it's better man management) would have helped more.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Absolutely nothing story

Comment

Maybe there is more to this, I read on another forum that in early January Sylla was unhappy. He is our only striker which gives him a certain amount of power. This is why we desperately need a new striker, but this is easier said than done.

Comment

Mountain out of a molehill springs to mind here. Sylla was just disappointed to come off, which i use to be when i was subbed back in the day. Always made worse if you were winning too as you wanted to finish the game. Should not have been mentioned again in my book and it has been blown out of proportion now.

Comment

Sylla

Not sure he's good enough. Thought he was poor today. Couldn't hold it up and zero goal threat. Need strikers in desperately.

Comment

Funny old game cos think hes quality, thought luongo was poor today for us! manning was superb!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Not his best game today but he's a very decent striker at this level!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Funny old game cos think hes quality, thought luongo was poor today for us! manning was superb!
                            Not sure on Sylla mate, got a touch of Pat Agyemang about him! Fair play to him he's nicked a few goals just hope we bring in at least another striker

Comment

Very ungainly. He even has no idea what his feet are gonna do. Has great potential, but I'd imagine he will be very hard to teach. Mackie also needs to think about timing his runs. If we play with a little more intelligence it will translate into goals. I definitely think their is a place for Washington once we sign a decent big man as sylla too raw
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

This was not a match for him.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X