No announcement yet.

Gladwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, I would not really want Hoillet back but just think its possible given comments from JFH.

Comment

Gladwin does at least try. That´s a start. As I have said before, his moves reminds me of Chris Waddle..
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Who is acceptable Maids??
        Haven't got a long list mate! Just don't rate hoilett at all and again I think it speaks volumes he hasn't found a club.

As for Gladwin I just think he's a good league 1 player and not ready for a team who wants to challenge for the playoffs!

Did you notice adomah not in the boro squad today? Few rumours around that's because we are in for him?
        Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 28-08-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Haven't got a long list mate! Just don't rate hoilett at all and again I think it speaks volumes he hasn't found a club.

As for Gladwin I just think he's a good league 1 player and not ready for a team who wants to challenge for the playoffs!

Did you notice adomah not in the boro squad today? Few rumours around that's because we are in for him?
          I did but reckon he's bit above what we can go for in current climate unless it's a loan. Would love him though would make us a totally different side

See Tony has commented on get some deals done before Wednesday on his insta

Comment

I did but reckon he's bit above what we can go for in current climate unless it's a loan. Would love him though would make us a totally different side

See Tony has commented on get some deals done before Wednesday on his insta
            I imagine your right in terms of buying him outright mate! Possibly a loan would be good but I imagine he won't be short of suitors.

Be interesting to see who we go for. I think Fordy posted on the transfer rumour site that we were looking at Pugh from Bournemouth who would be a very good signing imo.

It's the striker position that fascinates me as we don't seem to have the money to buy anyone of proven calibre!

Comment

We got so much money, so so so so much money.
              But if we spend it we could be put on a transfer embargo or even worse, have points deducted.

Comment

although

although ive watched him several times and he hasnt impressed i think jimmy floyde sees something in him so you never know he may well become a goalscoring winger
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Yeni cuts in...
                  The whole concept of playing right footed wingers on the left (and vice versa) is being found out, and not before time. You want your winger to be where he can do maximum damage, ie the by-line, roughly where Hoilett ended up for the Bobby moment. That way your front men get service facing goal and you max the chances of chaos in the area.

If your wide man has to keep cutting in because he is on the wrong side it becomes totally predictable. Some believe the fashion for wrong side wingers/wides came from one up systems ie if the winger cuts in your 9 will be less isolated. It's a really good example of one dubious system begetting another. You actually end up with crosses from non threatening angles with everyone including your striker (s) back to goal. It sucks.

What can and should happen is that your wing men start on their right side but swap as and when, that can cause problems and frees up options. It isn't rocket science.

The real solution is to find two footed players......
                  Last edited by hal9thou; 28-08-2016, 09:05 PM. Reason: typo typo typo

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    The whole concept of playing right footed wingers on the left (and vice versa) is being found out, and not before time. You want your winger to be where he can do maximum damage, ie the by-line, roughly where Hoilett ended up for the Bobby moment. That way your front men get service facing their goal and you max the chancea of chaos in the area.

If you have to keep cutting in because he is on the wrong side it becomes totally predictable. Some believe the fashion for wrong side wingers/wides came from one up systems ie if the winger cuts your 9 will be less isolated. It's a really good example of one dubious system begetting another. You end up with crosses from non threatening angles with everyone including your striker (s) back to goal. It sucks.

What can and should happen is that your wing men start on their right side but swap as and when. It isn't rocket science.

The real solution is to find two footed players......
                    That all makes eminent sense.

Comment

Jeeesus...Gladwin is farking rubbish!
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We should try to get that Zack clough

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          Jeeesus...Gladwin is farking rubbish!
                          Does he not get the same opportunity as Washington and Yeni to find his feet in this league

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Gladwin hasn't played well at any point since the Watford game... but he stays wide, which we need because it creates space in the middle.
                            I agree Nass but I don't believe Gladwin is the answer.

Shodipo must be shagging JFH's wife as I can't understand why he hasn't had a kick since Leeds, yet playing others out of position!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                              I agree Nass but I don't believe Gladwin is the answer.

Shodipo must be shagging JFH's wife as I can't understand why he hasn't had a kick since Leeds, yet playing others out of position!

Comment

Does he not get the same opportunity as Washington and Yeni to find his feet in this league
                                He's had a hell of a lot more time, he joined last summer! Not one good game for us, that I've seen myself. Awful player, puts in the effort and credit to him, but simply not good enough. And that includes last season.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2