No announcement yet.

Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought he looked very lively and that he is getting his match fitness and sharpness back. His first touch let him down a few times but I thought he made some great runs that weren't picked out.

As said above by Rich, he's is not a lone front man, and likes the ball slipped down the side for him to run onto. Hopefully JFH can continue to work with him and also improve his hold up play.

All in all, progress, and getting there for me.

Comment

Was really impressed with Washington last night actually. Extremely harsh criticism from Nas, but it always is when CW is concerned.

made more intelligent runs in that 90 minutes than Polts has done all season. his first touch and finishing was a little off, but they are things that come with game time.

Iv always backed the 4-2-3-1 system JFH has gone with and argued with many on here in the past that 2 up top does not necessarily mean we will be more attacking, however i think in Polts and CW, we have a genuine pair that could work well with each other. Would love to see them start up top with each other and not washington shoe-horned in a wide position.

Good night for CW imho, more performances like that and the goals will flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
        Was really impressed with Washington last night actually. Extremely harsh criticism from Nas, but it always is when CW is concerned.

made more intelligent runs in that 90 minutes than Polts has done all season. his first touch and finishing was a little off, but they are things that come with game time.

Iv always backed the 4-2-3-1 system JFH has gone with and argued with many on here in the past that 2 up top does not necessarily mean we will be more attacking, however i think in Polts and CW, we have a genuine pair that could work well with each other. Would love to see them start up top with each other and not washington shoe-horned in a wide position.

Good night for CW imho, more performances like that and the goals will flow.
        Glad to see someone else saw it how I did! The more games CW gets, the better.

CW can 100% cut it at this level IMO, looked a cut above every single Rochdale player out there, who only play in the league below...

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I brought a friend who's a big big fan of the sport, really loves the tactics of it and knows a lot and what he said before anything else was that CW set himself up poorly for making runs by not hooking his runs but just running horizontally.
          All about consistency for me. The more he plays (alone or ideally alongside Polter), the more match fit he'll be, the sharper he'll get and the better understanding the team will have attacking-wise as a unit (which was nowhere to be seen on Saturday in all honesty).

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Glad to see someone else saw it how I did! The more games CW gets, the better.

CW can 100% cut it at this level IMO, looked a cut above every single Rochdale player out there, who only play in the league below...
            So true.
            How many players have we got that played in the euros?
            The slagging him astounds me. Doesnt shock me though, so used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              So true.
              Yeah but Nas' mate who's a big, big fan of the sport agrees with him so Washington must be a duffer

Comment

Good to hear some positives about CW. Many on here written him off already. My stance remains the same. Start him, and play him for a run of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  Yeah but Nas' mate who's a big, big fan of the sport agrees with him so Washington must be a duffer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    So true.
                    Yeah, quite ridiculous IMO - He said last night after the game, he feels like he is slowly getting his match fitness back.

Much more to come from him!

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      And he knows a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        Good to hear some positives about CW. Many on here written him off already. My stance remains the same. Start him, and play him for a run of games.
                        That's my stance Jimmy. Unfair to write a player off until they've had a consistent run of starts.

Comment

He's just been called up to the N ireland squad for their next qualifiers

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...c-3268765.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                            As you think he is just not good enough for this level do you think we should just get rid rather than try and coach him into a better player like we seem to have done with Polter?

If so, that's a bit Redknappesque
                            I think given how long he's been here and not improved, if an offer that's ok comes in, take it.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think given how long he's been here and not improved, if an offer that's ok comes in, take it.
                              He's been here 7 months hasn't he? How much do you expect him to improve in that short space of time with limited playing time? Hope he doesn't read this forum a few people already want him out.

Comment

Put yourself in his shoes for a minute Nasser...

You sign in January from P'boro, scoring 14 in 19, in league 1 before arriving - a young modest lad who hasn't played at this higher a level before but has bags of potential to do so, and he comes into a team with the big names we still had around the place partly last season. All players (some with a much bigger name than CW) have said how hard it is arriving in January at a new club, to hit the ground running and get going - We as fans should know, when you look at the likes of Samba, Yun, Ingram.

Without pulling up any trees in the second half of the season with us, he gets selected to go to the Euros by scouts and management with a lot more knowledge than yourself and your mate. He plays well and works hard in a limited team - he then arrives back late to a full on pre-season by a few weeks here, having to play catch up.

The lads head has probably been all over the place since he joined us with all these factors put together, so humour me and tell me in what world would you even think of selling someone who we bought 7 months ago, who's 24, made 17 appearances, is now a Northern Irish international, who hasn't had a full pre-season or full season under his belt since being here.

Comment

Working...
                                X