Jimmy Says re PNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Says re PNE

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Hasselbaink admitted his side just didn’t get going, commenting: “It's a really disappointing result – our performance just wasn't there today.

“We weren't anywhere near our best. We looked flat and we deserved to lose the game.

“Preston set their stall out and had a way of playing that we found difficult to respond to. Credit to them.

“There was a lack of energy in our performance.

“We were second best throughout the game.

“We didn't create chances because we weren't calm enough on the ball. We were very nervous for some reason. We lacked patience.”

After back-to-back league wins at the start of the season, the R’s have now suffered back-to-back defeats and Hasselbaink is demanding a response against Rochdale in the EFL Cup on Tuesday night.

“The players know the last two performances haven't been good enough,” he said.

“Conceding five goals in two games isn't good enough and we need to make sure we respond to this.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...DEKmg6RMer4.99

Tbf he isn't making any excuses,like he would have last season
    Last edited by Rebel R's; 20-08-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Your team was too narrow, Jimmy. You set it up all wrong.

Comment

Yes, they got wide balls very easily.

Comment

Every team that comes to Loftus Road now, will be coming for the 3 points. They know our defence is leaky and we won't score many. I can't see us pick up many points on the road the way in which we play.

Jimmy... what did we do in the first two games that we're not doing now?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            Every team that comes to Loftus Road now, will be coming for the 3 points. They know our defence is leaky and we won't score many. I can't see us pick up many points on the road the way in which we play.

As 77 says, we were narrow all over the pitch. Defending with full backs, we tried to make the pitch narrow but that didn't work, they just lumped it wide and created chances and with the rain, our full backs were slipping trying to recover. In attack, Cousins was never in the right position and Yeni was waiting for the ball to reach him instead of moving to the ball.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Terry Cinzano has just tweted that JFH says he wants to bring in two attacking players. Do it please

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                As 77 says, we were narrow all over the pitch. Defending with full backs, we tried to make the pitch narrow but that didn't work, they just lumped it wide and created chances and with the rain, our full backs were slipping trying to recover. In attack, Cousins was never in the right position and Yeni was waiting for the ball to reach him instead of moving to the ball.
                Fair enough, let's see how we do next fixture?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Don't mean to be patronising but that's your best and most sensible post in ages,very true

Comment

You would think a certain % of our support prefer us to fail (on and off the pitch), regardless of their reasons I feel it's venomous, destructive and effing lame!

Comment

I would say we was hoofing the ball up to no mans land most off the game,
                      You Rsssssss

Comment

don't believe any real supporter ever wants us to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                          You would think a certain % of our support prefer us to fail (on and off the pitch), regardless of their reasons I feel it's venomous, destructive and effing lame!
                          What rubbish. I think some just overreact about losing a game because they're frustrated. Others are just better at dealing with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X