Set Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Pieces

We've scored all of our league goals from set pieces... can you imagine us saying that we're the most dangerous side in any league from set pieces 3 years ago or so..?
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Except The Polt

Comment

Another thing that jfh has taught our players, is how to win pens. Two very clever penalties as well, we would of never gone down and got them before he arrived. Clever bloke who does so many different things on the Q.T

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        Except The Polt
        Polt's was from a free kick by Onuoha
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Except The Polt
          and 2 pens. When people refer to scoring from set pieces or a team being referred to as being dangerous from set pieces they are arent usually talking about pens. More corners and free kicks

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            From inside his own half (or near enough)

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              That was never a set piece more a boot up field Polt caught the dopey defender dozing

Comment

I think to say polters goal came from a set piece is really scraping the barrel he out muscled his man and scored from an acute angle. Like other have said it was just a speculative ball forward in the dying seconds to run the clock down. Polter made that all himself

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  and 2 pens. When people refer to scoring from set pieces or a team being referred to as being dangerous from set pieces they are arent usually talking about pens. More corners and free kicks
                  I get what you mean, should say dead ball situations I suppose, but the point is that even with Onuoha's free kick being near our own half, we're getting that into a good position in the box... We've never been able to go directly from dead ball to goal. The two pens are pens and they're another point I suppose that as said above, we're learning how to put the body in the way of the ball and force the penalty, not diving, but forcing a foul and that's something we've not seen properly in years.

Comment

Agree with forcing penalties. Thought our 2 were a bit harsh ha ha

Comment

Thought our 2 were stone wallers!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Ha Ha notice lots of penalties self made lately

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          They were

Comment

Ha Ha notice lots of penalties self made lately
                            Forced?! haha, I'm intrigued to know this opinion mate... Because I'd class forced as like diving?!

Our 2 pens were stone wall, our players got their body in front of the player and in between player and ball - The defender isn't suppose to touch once the attacker does this, due to the risk of a foul. Extremely good and clever attacking play!

Comment

Theres a difference diving is cheating. Getting into a position where the defender has no choice but bring you down is what we call professional penalties . IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X