Jimmy and his contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    Over half this board were sl@gging him off prior to Leeds. some very fickle people around.
    And same people wanted Jimmy rid of,now after 2 games the new players who were shite a few weeks ago are world beaters and let's give Jimmy a new contract.....if we fail to win the next 2 it will be normal service resumes back here,remember all the "######### " threads in pre season
    Last edited by Rebel R's; 15-08-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Ffs is d r o s s b a l l banned on this site now,what a ####ing joke !!

Comment

Ive always said in here and to my pals that he will be one of the top managers in the game. Im just really hoping he leaves us with a settled team like we have now but in the premeiership.
        Oh and getting carried away works both ways, two defeats and there would of beeen so so so many jfh out and we are deffo getting relegated threads. So live and let live.

Comment

I feel we should tie him down to a longer deal. Same goes for chery. He has done a good job since coming in. The transition from Tony's overpaid all stars is nearly over and he's managed to steady the ship, tighten the defence and get us scoring a few goals.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            Ffs is d r o s s b a l l banned on this site now,what a ####ing joke !!
            What other sites have banned it?
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              What other sites have banned it?
              No idea,but it's banned on this site as being a swear word

Comment

In what context was you trying to use it in this thread?
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I am probably in the minority but I feel the rolling contract is good for both parties.

Even if he had a 10 year contract, if a big club comes a calling all it offers us is compensation and isn't a bullet proof vest.

JFH knows at present he is wanted and I suspect he is enjoying life with us,

Should things go badly (I suspect it won't) we are lumbered with a contract that we would have to pay up.

Just like the squad he is building, JFH is hungry for success and no length of contract will change that for the better (think Moyes (Everton) and pardew (Newcastle).
                  Last edited by Awin; 15-08-2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

And same people wanted Jimmy rid of,now after 2 games the new players who were shite a few weeks ago are world beaters and let's give Jimmy a new contract.....if we fail to win the next 2 it will be normal service resumes back here,remember all the "######### " threads in pre season
                    I remember certain posters starting those threads embarrassingly but they seem to have gone awfully quiet now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                      I feel the rolling contract is good for both parties. Even if he had a 10 year contract, if a big club comes a calling all it offers us is compensation and isn't a bullet proof vest.
                      Exactly.

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Oh and getting carried away works both ways
                      It certainly does, think I said close season you'd need at least another 12 games to work out progress or lack of it. In fact I thought there were some encouraging signs pre season, even vs Swindon I found positives and again said so.

There are still areas of concern, we are very thin in some areas and that has a knock on re tactical options, hence keeping it real etc.
                      Last edited by hal9thou; 15-08-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Except a lot of the people who want JFH to stay after these two games are the same ones who've put a lot of trust in him prior (myself included). This guy is a unique manager in football, I'd love to sort out a new contract soon, but my belief is that when this one ends, a new one will be signed immediately. But you can't just act like it's the schizophrenia of this board that is the reason for people wanting JFH to stay.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It's too early to talk about a new deal for JFH.

He's doing a great job presently but we are only 2 games into the season. Being the championship we could lose the next 2 or 3 as easily as winning them. Rolling contract is perfect right now.

Personally i'd look at his contract at the end of the season. Play offs or promotion then the guy deserves the security of a longer term deal for his hard work and achievement. Anything below then I don't see the point of changing the rolling contract, except maybe for a few stipulations that suit both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            It's too early to talk about a new deal for JFH.

He's doing a great job presently but we are only 2 games into the season. Being the championship we could lose the next 2 or 3 as easily as winning them. Rolling contract is perfect right now.

Personally i'd look at his contract at the end of the season. Play offs or promotion then the guy deserves the security of a longer term deal for his hard work and achievement. Anything below then I don't see the point of changing the rolling contract, except maybe for a few stipulations that suit both parties.
                            Doesn't his contract expire before the end of the season?
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              I doubt it mate! I imagine because he joined half way through season that his initial rolling contact was until the end of last season and that his new yearly rolling deal came into effect at the start of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Doubt it. Should run from summer to summer

Comment

Working...
                                X