Striker/Winger Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Got a feeling that Shittydippydoo will turn out better than Phillips and Hoilett as well ,.
    Any chance of us calling him something else?

Up the Orioles

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      Any chance of us calling him something else?
      Shoddipoo? Or showaddywaddy?

Comment

"Mi Sho-Deep-O" would make you think he's a Japanese adult film actor and not a footballer.
        QPR since 1993
        WATRB since 2015
        First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Got a feeling that Shittydippydoo will turn out better than Phillips and Hoilett as well ,.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            I've got a good feeling about him kev. Come from nowhere really, would be a massive bonus
            Same mate, seen on twitter that Steve Gallen reckons he's going to go all the way as a player.

Comment

Get the two french lads and leckie.

Fark off toser, mackie, el #### and gladwin.

Shidopo and patresso as backups job done.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

would rather be 15th 16th with players wanting to play for the shirt than be 11th 12th signing mercenaries. hope we continue to cherry pick youngsters

Comment

The value of 4-4-2

We have watched 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 create an awful euros, when ironically if we had played 4-4-2 we probably would have got somewhere.

Sincerely would love to go back to playing 4-4-2 as opposed to trying to get 2 out and out wide men into a game...if you do not manage this then you are carrying players. Hope the lack of wingers means we go back to 4-4-f*****-2! Football is a cyclical game and the cycle will go back to 2 up top sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by neavohoops View Post
                    would rather be 15th 16th with players wanting to play for the shirt than be 11th 12th signing mercenaries. hope we continue to cherry pick youngsters
                    That's... such an odd selection of positions on the table...
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I am more concerned about the striker position than the wings, I like the BFG and Washington but I think we need one more proven goal scorer in the mix there!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

I honestly think Wells is our only realistic, and by far the best option we could go for striker wise. I'm sure he would do superb for us. (No Ted)

Comment

1 striker and 2 wingers needed, plenty of time to get them, and it's not like Les and Jimmy are sitting there doing fark all. There's absolutely nothing to panic about, we will get more deals over the line before the end of the transfer window.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Pretty sure El Khayati is a winger isn't he?

Agree on Mackie and Gladwin though. Neither are up to the job for me.

I trust the club to sort it out though. They've been bang on in the transfer market so far this window for me and we are being linked with some decent players in the areas that we are still weak. It will all come right in the next 3 or 4 weeks I'm sure.
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 13-07-2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neavohoops View Post
                              We have watched 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 create an awful euros, when ironically if we had played 4-4-2 we probably would have got somewhere.

Sincerely would love to go back to playing 4-4-2 as opposed to trying to get 2 out and out wide men into a game...if you do not manage this then you are carrying players. Hope the lack of wingers means we go back to 4-4-f*****-2! Football is a cyclical game and the cycle will go back to 2 up top sooner or later.
                              The cycle went past 442 years ago, a couple of teams have had major success with the right players but that isn't a suggestion of the 442 coming back, more the fact that it's been out for so long that it feels new. 451, 4231, 433 are the present and the future is 352, 3511, 3142
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                The cycle went past 442 years ago, a couple of teams have had major success with the right players but that isn't a suggestion of the 442 coming back, more the fact that it's been out for so long that it feels new. 451, 4231, 433 are the present and the future is 352, 3511, 3142
                                3 at the back is not the present or the future.

Name me a side that has succeeded domestically in the English league playing 3 at the back? There may be some sides who have used it to good effect on the continent but our league has always suited 4 at the back in the modern era of football. Now I know that you'll argue that I'm speaking about the past, but I'd put my mortgage on the fact that all of the top 4 in the Prem next season will adopt a formation with 4 at the back!

Comment

Working...
                                X