England vs Slovakia - Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    Of the big boys, we have France and Italy guaranteed and probably Germany in our half of the draw. Whereas Wales have probably Spain and Belgium (depending on results). Portugal could end up in either, if Croatia finish 2nd they will be in our half. If results don't go our way we could be in a pretty stacked half of the draw
    Wouldn't want to be in Spain's half though Hove. Easily the best team from what I've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Wouldn't want to be in Spain's half though Hove. Easily the best team from what I've seen so far.
      Agree Stan, they have been the standout team for me.

Comment

Worst case scenario would be portugal, France in the quarters, Germany in the semis (or Italy) and then Spain in the final

Comment

Sorry could somebody explain how the draw for the next round works.
          Ignore this just googled the answer. England play the runner up in Group F. As previously said Group F is possibly the weakest group, as Portugal has played pretty poorly. Best scenario Portugal come second and Ronaldo gets injured in the last minute of qualifiers.
          Last edited by jmelanie; 21-06-2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I am sick of seeing these smaller footballing countries set up to defend for 90 minutes. At least Wales had a game plan to try and counter attack, but watching them put 11 behind the ball, not even attempt to counter attack and settle for 3rd place in the group is a joke.

Think we will look better against better opposition.

no doubt 4 points is enough to get them one of the 3rd place spots, but based on their tactics, would love it if they didn't get one of the spots.

got lucky that we end up playing a runner up in a sh!t group. Bring Portugal on for me and lets get this tournament started.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              I am sick of seeing these smaller footballing countries set up to defend for 90 minutes. At least Wales had a game plan to try and counter attack, but watching them put 11 behind the ball, not even attempt to counter attack and settle for 3rd place in the group is a joke.

Think we will look better against better opposition.

no doubt 4 points is enough to get them one of the 3rd place spots, but based on their tactics, would love it if they didn't get one of the spots.

got lucky that we end up playing a runner up in a sh!t group. Bring Portugal on for me and lets get this tournament started.
              Don't worry mate.. I will pick up your toys.

How do you think they should set up? Slovakia should qualify. They done what they had to do.

Think you should be more concerned how we get round teams that see up like that.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I don't agree with those giving Hodgson a hard time about all the changes. Just think we have players who are not really up to it. Henderson for one
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  I don't agree with those giving Hodgson a hard time about all the changes. Just think we have players who are not really up to it. Henderson for one
                  We all know (and I'm sure he knows as well) that whatever he does he cannot win. Before the tournament started, people were saying he shouldn't take (or start) Wayne. Now everybody is complaining because he didn't start.

Comment

Essentially learnt that Bertrand can join the list of players that should be sent home.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Here you go Awin. It's excellent with soda bread instead of rice noodles if you prefer:
                      Thank you

Comment

Hodgson needs to go, his teams are always awful. We 'dominated' the game against a team who didn't want to leave their own half. There was 0 movement yesterday, very frustrating. Just aimless crosses again and again.

We're playing a team that just want to sit back, but he doesn't play a winger in Sterling or Rashford? Vary needs to be running into space, it was clear that wasn't going to happen yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                          Hodgson needs to go, his teams are always awful. We 'dominated' the game against a team who didn't want to leave their own half. There was 0 movement yesterday, very frustrating. Just aimless crosses again and again.

We're playing a team that just want to sit back, but he doesn't play a winger in Sterling or Rashford? Vary needs to be running into space, it was clear that wasn't going to happen yesterday.
                          Mid tournament or after?

Comment

I agree that Rashford probably should have come on instead of Kane, who looks shot.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                              Don't worry mate.. I will pick up your toys.

How do you think they should set up? Slovakia should qualify. They done what they had to do.

Think you should be more concerned how we get round teams that see up like that.
                              what a dribble on a bellend you are

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                                what a dribble on a bellend you are
                                Oh dear, caught a nerve boy? Sometimes we regret making posts and it's to late to delete it. Never mind son.
                                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
                                X