England vs. Wales Match thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Im in favour of droping him, just dont understand the hate he seems to attract for non football reasons.
    Was a complete liability today. Said as much on my twitter account.
    Im probably still bitter for when he didnt want to play for his country. Dont matter how tiered you are or how much game time youve played prior, a young/profesional should be jumping at the chance no matter what... very disrespectful/none patriotic imho.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      We are through no matter what though now anyway ain't we?
      Could lose by a rangers under 11s scoreline and we are still through yeah?
      If we lose and Ruski win, think it then goes to goal difference on who gets 2nd... i think.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        We are through no matter what though now anyway ain't we?
        Could lose by a rangers under 11s scoreline and we are still through yeah?
        Not necessarily.
        Four third place teams from the six groups go through.
        Group A - romania still in contention if they win their last group game and end up on 6 points.
        Gotta see how the rest of the groups play out for 2nd games now.
        If we have a scenario where two groups involve 3rd and 4th team being stuck on 0 points then we're definitely through no matter how the third group games play out.

Comment

Calling for Wilshere over Alli is crazy IMO, he's a fantastic asset and I don't agree that he hasn't performed yet. Juist look at his involvement in Sturridge's goal. Pace, aggression, fantastic skill. Has to start. In fact, just start with that second half team IMO. Excellent subs from Hodgson, he learnt from Russia and learned fast.

Comment

Pub was packed today, we dominated from start to finish but felt I played the 90 at the whistle. Was kin drained but happy
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Calling for Wilshere over Alli
              There are some serious reasons to get Wilshere involved on the park, even if its only for 45. In the few minutes he had against Russia he opened them up twice. He can cover for Rooney's midpark role but there is a reason for him to come on for Alli, who I think does look a little jaded and could do without the full 90 next time.

The main reason for getting JW out there is his ability to see the early ball = moving things forward at pace. That means service for Vardy. If Vardy is on the park and Kane off it, it would make a lot of sense to play Wilshere and give Alli a breather, we've already got a couple out of sorts (Kane, Sterling) and need to look after him.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                There are some serious reasons to get Wilshere involved on the park, even if its only for 45. In the few minutes he had against Russia he opened them up twice. He can cover for Rooney's midpark role but there is a reason for him to come on for Alli, who I think does look a little jaded and could do without the full 90 next time.

The main reason for getting JW out there is his ability to see the early ball = moving things forward at pace. That means service for Vardy. If Vardy is on the park and Kane off it, it would make a lot of sense to play Wilshere and give Alli a breather, we've already got a couple out of sorts (Kane, Sterling) and need to look after him.
                Yes, to give Alli a breather, fair enough - but not starting a game. Although against Slovakia his speed and attacking prowess may not be so vital, given that we're already through to the next round. But going forward, Alli gives us so much in terms of creativity and, dare I say it on this board, penetration, that it can turn games for us.

Comment

We have dominated both games we've played therefore I wouldn't want to see too much tampering with the side the manager showed some balls with his early positive subbing , but his late subbing against the Ruskies unsettled the balance and cost us 2 points so for me
                  Stick with what we finished with against the Taffs

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Yes, to give Alli a breather, fair enough - but not starting a game. Although against Slovakia his speed and attacking prowess may not be so vital, given that we're already through to the next round. But going forward, Alli gives us so much in terms of creativity and, dare I say it on this board, penetration, that it can turn games for us.
                    Isn't it important to finish as high as possible so as you avoid what are supposed to be the better teams in the next round. If we finish first then we are likely to play a team which finished third.

Comment

Alli conceded possession a lot yesterday, 2nd half in particular - the long season catching up with him and Kane it seems.

Wilshere OTOH impressed greatly when coming on against Russia. He's also fresher having played much less this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Not necessarily.
                        Four third place teams from the six groups go through.
                        Group A - romania still in contention if they win their last group game and end up on 6 points.
                        Gotta see how the rest of the groups play out for 2nd games now.
                        If we have a scenario where two groups involve 3rd and 4th team being stuck on 0 points then we're definitely through no matter how the third group games play out.
                        Kevin, thats one group down with Albania finishing on 3 points.

Comment

Yeah I read on twitter some analystics spoff said he has worked out we are 92% through even with a big defeat mate.

Comment

Working...
                          X