No announcement yet.

Under 11s let in 29!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a bad day at the office no denying. It was hard and differcult. Man City great bunch of lads, world class manager, sleeping giants. We just need to run about a bit.

Comment

Maybe they should play the Australian Women's Team

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        It was a bad day at the office no denying. It was hard and differcult. Man City great bunch of lads, world class manager, sleeping giants. We just need to run about a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          1 goal conceded every 3 minutes. Bad coaching. I don't know the effect it will have on these youngsters, but some of the maulings our other teams consistently get, depresses the hell out of me.
          They don't play 90 mins.

So potentially let a goal in every one or two minutes.

Comment

You often hear of games that go 10-0 or something like that, and I wouldn't have mentioned the score if that had been the result, but this is a big margin. Easy to say that Man City coaches should have backed them off, but if the players think they need to be clinical to stay on at Man City, the coaches probably don't want them to drop their intensity.

Hopefully the QPR lads can shrug it off and forget about it

Comment

Heard it was too easy for us at 1-0 up so we took our foot off the gas.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                They don't play 90 mins.

So potentially let a goal in every one or two minutes.
                Think it is 30 mins each way, but often split the games in 4 x 20mins. Not the only time they have been spanked. Heard Fulham stuck 15 odd past them.
                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Are some of you seriously blaming Ramsey for an U11 defeat?
                  Brian what's the point of having under 11players if they arn't coached to best level the club can give them Ramsey is head of development it's his job to see young players of any age get that , would you praise him For putting in a good coaching system for u 11 If they were playing well and look like they were getting a good understanding of how to play football

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    , the late, great Johann Cruyff. He refused to point to the results of the teams below the first team as a signal of the quality of players.
                    As you yourself acknowledged when I pointed out how our greatest success in the old Div 1 was achieved by controlling possession, times have changed. And QPR are not Barcelona. We need to start building a culture of success, a winning mentality, and that starts below the first team. Bill Shankly, arguably the greatest manager of an English club ever, who started with a mediocre team of loosers not unlike ours (but with far less money spent, obviously) instilled this ethos throughout the club.

Equally, it is a mistake to get into team play and tactics too young. If I was running the show ;) there would be no formal team football at U11 stage. They'd be learning to love the ball. But sooner or later - 14 or 15 - you have to get your hands dirty and learn how to add winning to the skills.

Comment

Bodes well for the future

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        As you yourself acknowledged when I pointed out how our greatest success in the old Div 1 was achieved by controlling possession, times have changed. And QPR are not Barcelona. We need to start building a culture of success, a winning mentality, and that starts below the first team. Bill Shankly, arguably the greatest manager of an English club ever, who started with a mediocre team of loosers not unlike ours (but with far less money spent, obviously) instilled this ethos throughout the club.

Equally, it is a mistake to get into team play and tactics too young. If I was running the show ;) there would be no formal team football at U11 stage. They'd be learning to love the ball. But sooner or later - 14 or 15 - you have to get your hands dirty and learn how to add winning to the skills.
                        Hal the late great Cruyff didn't play one side of kids against another side of kids when they played he kept interchanging the players from side to side so as you rightly say they were learning to work the ball and were rotated around every position to give them an understanding of team play

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Times have changed indeed, and yet, as you fail to acknowledge, the Cruyffian ethos still runs through barcelona today, hence their second team getting relegated and finishing mid table, as I said, not exactly instilling a winning ethos is it, and as I said again, watch the players who come out of that team. Why should we not try to emulate the very best if we want to be the very best?
                          Barca B has only ever come in the top 5 of the liga adelante twice. In 2006/07 they came 19th in the third division, their lowest position in a long time. That team included Giovanni Dos Santos, Bojan Krkic, Victor Vazquez, Jordi Gomez and Ruben, who have all gone on to have very good futures individually. In 14/15, they got relegated from the second division with a team that included Alex Grimaldo, Jean Marie Dongou, Adama Traore, Munir and Alen Halilovic. Do you think they cared? Of course not because the most important thing was teaching the players how to play the game.

This country has failed for too long to truly develop a world class youth setup because we care most about the result. We know that Southampton have probably the best youth setup yet they barely ever win youth level tournaments. Yet they always produce players because they want to teach the players how to play the game and put the winning second.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Times have changed indeed, and yet, as you fail to acknowledge, the Cruyffian ethos still runs through barcelona today, hence their second team getting relegated and finishing mid table, as I said, not exactly instilling a winning ethos is it, and as I said again, watch the players who come out of that team. Why should we not try to emulate the very best if we want to be the very best?
                            Barca B has only ever come in the top 5 of the liga adelante twice. In 2006/07 they came 19th in the third division, their lowest position in a long time. That team included Giovanni Dos Santos, Bojan Krkic, Victor Vazquez, Jordi Gomez and Ruben, who have all gone on to have very good futures individually. In 14/15, they got relegated from the second division with a team that included Alex Grimaldo, Jean Marie Dongou, Adama Traore, Munir and Alen Halilovic. Do you think they cared? Of course not because the most important thing was teaching the players how to play the game.

This country has failed for too long to truly develop a world class youth setup because we care most about the result. We know that Southampton have probably the best youth setup yet they barely ever win youth level tournaments. Yet they always produce players because they want to teach the players how to play the game and put the winning second.
                            Barca B never got dicked 29-1
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

They're a bunch of farking kids for christ sake! Can't believe this thread has reached a second page!
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I remember LF saying something about youth teams and winning in an interview with Clive from LFW, and I looked up the Q&A in Q:
                                "The youth team was competitive though, it won play-off finals down here, the odd cup. Very few people watch the youth teams week to week obviously but they see the results now, which have been very poor across the age groups, and it adds fuel to that fire doesn’t it?

LF: The youth team won play-off finals, fantastic. How many players did it produce for the first team? People put too much emphasis on teams winning. The only team that needs to win at the football club is the first team. Everything else is about developing players. The players who won things here in the youth team, where are they now?

I got asked this at the fans forum, am I worried about the Under 18 results? No.

Look at our record for developing players at Tottenham. We had Benteleb, Ryan Mason, Tom Carroll, Andros Townsend, Harry Kane, Stephen Caulker coming through the system. The U21 team we had at Tottenham, I think only two of them didn't make it as footballers at all. Some went elsewhere - Nathan Byrne went to Swindon and then Wolves, Ryan Fredericks went to Bournemouth then Fulham, Jon Obika is at Swindon – but they're all playing bar two of them.

We weren't ever worried about the U21s winning. Often somebody would ask us the score and we didn't know. We'd do things like take Jon Obika aside before a game and tell him to make ten runs into the channel this half, tell him all we wanted him to do was see how often he could go in behind. If he gets in behind and scores then brilliant, bonus, but it was about developing his game and teaching him to do that.
                                "

So if winning or losing isn't a priority for the U18 team, it would be even less of a priority for kids running around kicking footballs at age 8-10 in hooped shirts. I think a 29-1 bashing in an U11 match is a shocking display of poor sportsmanship, and I think using this result to bash named people involved in the QPR youth setup is embarrassing. All though less embarrassing than the lack of sportsmanship showed by the MCFC U11 coaches.
                                QPR since 1993
                                WATRB since 2015
                                First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X