Under 11s let in 29!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    You don't understand development clearly. Once again, I point you to La Masia and in particular to the greatest advocate of youth development, the late, great Johann Cruyff. He refused to point to the results of the teams below the first team as a signal of the quality of players. Youth levels should never look at results, they should look at player development. They are not linked, you have to understand that.
    Wish you would stop preaching to everyone.

Comment

Are some of you seriously blaming Ramsey for an U11 defeat?

Comment

1 goal conceded every 3 minutes. Bad coaching. I don't know the effect it will have on these youngsters, but some of the maulings our other teams consistently get, depresses the hell out of me.
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

He doesn't but anything for a point.

For the record, even a 29 goal loss is really not important. The only results that matter are first team. Anything below that is about setting challenges for the players, building them up. Their confidence won't alter, why would it? They have other things to consider like school.
          Try telling the kids that.

Comment

I played for my school many many years ago as a midfielder, we were alright in general but we lost a few games 15-3, 20-1, etc. It happened, we also won a few by big margins. At a young age, the sheer volume of chances that happen makes big results more likely. You play lunchtime football at school and the result gets so bad that you change the teams up to balance things out, but it doesn't stay with you forever. It's an overreaction especially at a level where as I've said, players are told to their face that the result doesn't matter one bit.
            Barcelona B's got relegated from the liga adelante last season and finished 11th in their group in the third division of spain this season. Next year, some of the players for that team will make it into the first team squad and the reason is because they learnt about the way to play football, not to play the result, but to play the sport. The first team is there for you to learn to win, the levels below, especially bl 00 dy under 11's at QPR, is to learn how to play.
            Playing for your school and in the playground against playing for Queens Park Rangers.
            Come on nasser, come on.
            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 14-06-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Poor from whoever published the result as FA rules say results for a certain age group are not allowed to be published and they are not allowed to have league tables. 29-1 is funny though, and I can imagine the City kids, £5m for 11 year old, a Spanish wonder kid they picked up from the suburbs of Barcelona
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Wass posted on twitter by this mob

TheMCFCView
                @TheMCFCView

Manchester City Under 11's finished off a remarkable season today with a 29-1 win over QPR. YES 29! #MCFC

Comment

At least they scored once!
                  When I was 7 or 8 we played whole season without scoring and conceded 110.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    Wish you would stop preaching to everyone.
                    Wish you would stop knocking everyone but that's easier said than done for you.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                      At least they scored once!
                      When I was 7 or 8 we played whole season without scoring and conceded 110.
                      That's three and half games for the rangers under 11s.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        That's three and half games for the rangers under 11s.
                        Our defence was way better as we played 10 games.

Comment

having been involved in youth football before, this is poor from City. Games / results like this benefit absolutely no1.

Remember being involved with Charlton vs Arsenal under 14s (may have been a bit younger) and it got to 5-0 arsenal within about 15 minutes, they then took a couple of players off and played with 9. Think they still went on to score a few more, but a much fairer game where the kids maintained interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                            having been involved in youth football before, this is poor from City. Games / results like this benefit absolutely no1.

Remember being involved with Charlton vs Arsenal under 14s (may have been a bit younger) and it got to 5-0 arsenal within about 15 minutes, they then took a couple of players off and played with 9. Think they still went on to score a few more, but a much fairer game where the kids maintained interest.
                            That's what I was getting at. Really poor by the city coaches.

Comment

Some really poor opinions here bordering on embarrassing with same old agendas coming up

Just like Les was not going to overhaul what was a shell of the club overnight and some wanted instant results so cried and criticised unfairly nor will Ramsey change our youth system. Got judge both in three to four years if still here

Patients is not something Rangers fans have

Comment

We used to hammer other schools when I played for my junior team at St Paul's junior school in Hammersmith. We once beat Flora Gardens 11-0. So I can't comment on the losing effect, but anyone on here from that Flora Gardens team?

Comment

Working...
                                X