Rashford reminds me of Ray Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashford reminds me of Ray Jones

Every time see Rashford think of our own Ray Jones and what he could have become. Similar body shape and movement, decent feet and touch

Boy had world at his feet.

Think Rashford is the real deal too England could have a gem on their hands

I personally don't get the hype. Yes he scored but his touch was letting him down and he lost the ball far to often. I am all for giving youngsters a chance but he looks far to raw for me. I think hoddle should be shot for awarding him motm, utter joke!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

yes he does remind me a little of ray , have to agree with weare thought his touch was off . turned it over at HT to watch a film

Comment

Bit harsh from you weare imo and you don't mind giving a good player his dues.
        He's scored with his first shot in a premiership game, and his first shot in a European competition game and now he's scored with his first shot for England.
        Surely he's got something about him when for instance Washington ain't even score for us yet and we believe hi to be a good player.

Comment

I've been impressed with him every time I see him.

Not just his ability in front of goal but his link up play is top drawer.

I'd have him over Vardy or Sturridge all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
            I've been impressed with him every time I see him.

Not just his ability in front of goal but his link up play is top drawer.

I'd have him over Vardy or Sturridge all day long.
            No where near the level that vardy is at. The ball where he run onto it and was through on goal as soon as he tried to control it he sort of came to a halt. His 1st touch was woeful. I know vardy Is a little sh it and shat on his family but he is much better as this stage

Comment

Rashford is decent but don't quite understand all the hype from the pundits. What annoys me is that drinkwater won't go after playing all season for premiership winners.

Comment

He is a good player. Obviously not the finished article and a lot to learn. He movement, pace, and finishing ability is brilliant. As mentioned let down sometimes by his touch but that could of been nerves or eagerness to impress. Seems a humble young man also. The best thing for him IMO is to go to the euros as a bit part player for experience and also next season not being first choice but getting some game time under Jose. Also working with and learning from Ibra next season will be amazing for him. Fingers crossed for him when he is 21/22 he will be the real deal.

One thing I will say though is that the media need to calm down. They love building someone up to shoot them back down.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Crikey some of you are hard to please. The kid is 18 years old and has banged in 5 goals in 11 PL
                  Games plus 2 in 3 in the Europa League and has now become the youngest ever player to score on his England debut. Yes his touch might not be perfect every time but Jesus Christ is an 18 year old kid going to be perfect in every ascent of his game?

The lad has bundles of ability and, provided he is coached right and doesn't go off the rails, he could be a proper player in a couple of years. Seems a humble lad too, good luck to him.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    Rashford is decent but don't quite understand all the hype from the pundits. What annoys me is that drinkwater won't go after playing all season for premiership winners.
                    Personally wouldn't take Drinkwater. Think he's had an unreal season of course winning the league but I don't actually think he is THAT good. Would take Wilshere Dier and Alli ahead of him without batting an eyelid.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Wilshire is the main man, looks a class apart from any of our midfielders. I am not slating what rashford has done but the ITV commentary was bumming him up massively. Only mentioning what he did well, when in truth he did plenty of poor things. Too raw for me and to say he is better than vardy is just wrong. Happy for us to disagree Matty as I tend to go along with most of what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                        He is a good player. Obviously not the finished article and a lot to learn. He movement, pace, and finishing ability is brilliant. As mentioned let down sometimes by his touch but that could of been nerves or eagerness to impress. Seems a humble young man also. The best thing for him IMO is to go to the euros as a bit part player for experience and also next season not being first choice but getting some game time under Jose. Also working with and learning from Ibra next season will be amazing for him. Fingers crossed for him when he is 21/22 he will be the real deal.

One thing I will say though is that the media need to calm down. They love building someone up to shoot them back down.
                        Brilliant post and totally agree, see my post. Very sensible and spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Crikey some of you are hard to please. The kid is 18 years old and has banged in 5 goals in 11 PL
                          Games plus 2 in 3 in the Europa League and has now become the youngest ever player to score on his England debut. Yes his touch might not be perfect every time but Jesus Christ is an 18 year old kid going to be perfect in every ascent of his game?

The lad has bundles of ability and, provided he is coached right and doesn't go off the rails, he could be a proper player in a couple of years. Seems a humble lad too, good luck to him.
                          he also shows confidence for a young kid ,and doesn't hide
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Sorry my rashford post was meant to be in the rashford thread. Can the mods move please.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                              Sorry my rashford post was meant to be in the rashford thread. Can the mods move please.
                              Sure mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X