Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting interview with Les Ferdinand on recent decisions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Jheez, Some call my stats clutching at straws, never seen anything like this with NW. It's like people are covering their eyes and ears and just making random noises to avoid hearing the facts haha
    If Neil hadnt have gone to Rotherham ,the whole thing would make more sense , but i`m not calling Les a liar ,and i think the matter is done and dusted now.
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      Confirm with everyone except NW..... I'd love to hear his account. May have to wait for his book, should be an informative read.
      Thing with Neil Warnock is his shyness and quiet demeanour is his major weakness. Les has come out publicly saying that stuff about Warnock and the managers job, and Warnock would see that he was telling blatant lie after lie and due to his very unassuming quiet manor would never retaliate or go to the press and say it was all lies.
      So the next book is the only way we could find out who's telling the truth on this matter.

Comment

The thing I like about Les is he gets it. The problem with Tony and social media is it allows for soundbites and they are so easy to pull apart and to inadvertently send out the wrong message. Without proper context and explanation too often been used as a stick to beat, using Les' analogy.

With Les you can see he understands everything that has been wrong with this club and has strong ideas of how this can be fixed. Is just not a quick process and will be mistakes along the way. I do feel confident though we will eventually get there.

One of the most shocking things for me has been just how riss poor our youth system has been and for so many years. Has any league club been so far in bringing players through over the last 20 years? Is ridiculously bad. That is being addressed but will take some time to reach fruition. To be fair we have a few players on the edge of the first team now but no real superstars in the making. Les has seen first hand how Spurs have got it right and the club can learn from that, particularly with CR in situ in that development role.

Comment

All that some are saying is that it's one thing Warnock saying he's only interested in the job for 8 weeks, and another thing the club listening to that and then returning with an offer to stay on the rest of the season, as opposed to just saying "Sure Neil, no worries". The distinction really isn't a difficult concept to grasp chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            All that some are saying is that it's one thing Warnock saying he's only interested in the job for 8 weeks, and another thing the club listening to that and then returning with an offer to stay on the rest of the season, as opposed to just saying "Sure Neil, no worries". The distinction really isn't a difficult concept to grasp chaps.
            I'm not sure the onus is on the club to pursue if the current temporary manager says only 8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
              I'm not sure the onus is on the club to pursue if the current temporary manager says only 8 weeks.
              It's not about onus Awin. The club would only "pursue" (or return with an offer) if they'd actually been keen on him for rest of the season. That's the only point being made.

Comment

...anyway I think Clive's done an excellent job with these interviews and I'm still going through them.

Comment

great interview, got some questions answered that people have been going on about.

I wonder who the youth player we wanted to step up is?

Confirms my own opinion of Les and long may he continue.

Comment

Maybe Neil didn't want to get sacked twice? He had the right hump when he was.

Comment

Bore off about Neil Warnock...seriously doing my nut in

Comment

Confirm with everyone except NW..... I'd love to hear his account. May have to wait for his book, should be an informative read.
                        He said on live telly before we beat Reading in his last game that he didn't want to take the job for more than a few weeks. His words. Apparently that wasn't enough.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          He said on live telly before we beat Reading in his last game that he didn't want to take the job for more than a few weeks. His words. Apparently that wasn't enough.
                          Wasting your breath mate.

It don't matter the man himself said he did not want job long term, that he told DoF and owner that he never wanted job long term, that the DoF has also come out publicly and said same thing Neil did. Add to that Neil came out live on Talksport last week and said he turned Rotherham job down because he does not want a long term role even with all that some still think there is a conspiracy

Here's a theory perhaps with everything going on in his life currently and his age short fire fighting jobs which he done for us and Rotherham suits him down to the ground and a perm long term job which ties him down don't suit him

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Jheez, Some call my stats clutching at straws, never seen anything like this with NW. It's like people are covering their eyes and ears and just making random noises to avoid hearing the facts haha
                            From a judicial point of view facts need corroboration. I don't see that anywhere. Has it ever occurred to you that you may be the one lacking in objectivity?

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            At which point he was still representing the club. No one one here knows the terms and conditions involved in his departure. I think there was a lot of spin going on at the time, probably from both sides because that is normal in this kind of situation. What people say for public consumption may not turn out to be the whole story, we all know about the dreaded vote of confidence before a sacking. I'm sure if we looked at some TF's public utterances subsequent events would contradict what was said at the time......
                            Last edited by hal9thou; 24-05-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

From a judicial point of view facts need corroboration. I don't see that anywhere. Has it ever occurred to you that you may be the one lacking in objectivity?

At which point he was still representing the club. No one one here knows the terms and conditions involved in his departure. I think there was a lot of spin going on at the time, probably from both sides because that is normal in this kind of situation. What people say for public consumption may not turn out to be the whole story, we all know about the dreaded vote of confidence before a sacking. I'm sure if we looked at some TF's public utterances subsequent events would contradict what was said at the time......
                              So let me get this straight... You have quoted me here questioning the lack of corroboration, and yet you then quote Ginge who highlights the corroboration but you refuse to acknowledge it as the full story because it doesn't match the image in your head of what you want to believe was the case? Honestly mate, using all available information in front of me (and there really is plenty, honestly far too much for this to even be in question), we can safely say that NW didn't ask for the role beyond 8 weeks and therefore was not and should not have been in contention beyond that. He told the club at the beginning that he wanted only to be there for 8 weeks, why is it so difficult to grasp this? That's what he wanted, 8 weeks of management to allow the club to find a long term solution. Why would the club have to be in the position where they ask him for more? He openly told them what he wanted, that he wanted to help find a new guy and be involved (which he was) in that process. They abided by that exactly as he wanted them to. It may not be what you wanted them to do but based on every bit of evidence available, it's what he wanted.
                              How could you honestly just go and question his personal statement, alongside Les' just because it isn't what you wanted to hear?
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                                Maybe Neil didn't want to get sacked twice? He had the right hump when he was.
                                Had every right to have the bang hump as well. Worst decision the board have made for me and they have dropped some right clangers.

Comment

Working...
                                X