X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    The window isn't even farking open yet
    Pathetic thread.
    Well, actually my point was that people want rid of Fer, Caulker, Hoilett and Phillips. Some better teams will sign them and people think we'll be able to replace them with better players.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
      er, i don't think it is....
      It is, we are debt free and we don't have too many expensive players.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        Yep. We are perfect money wise. Board have stupidly spunked a quarter of a billion of thier own momey, but the club's actually sound,.

Comment

we have far greater expenses than we have income.

we rack up huge losses year after year.

Comment

Who cares about the clubs finances I was just want to see a manager who can make his players play attacking exciting football and play for the manager and the club basically not the shite of this season
            R's

Comment

Not anymore. I think our losses this season were about £10 m? Do you think that's too much? 90 % of all football clubs make losses. That's why they have rich owners.

Comment

We were making a loss even when we were paying 2K a week on wages when GP was here.

Comment

Not anymore. I think our losses this season were about £10 m? Do you think that's too much? 90 % of all football clubs make losses. That's why they have rich owners.
                  i don't think £10m is too much... but £10m is not anywhere near what our losses are.

we lost £45m during 2014-15 season (the most recent set of accounts) - any reduction to the outlay on wages during most recent season will be completely swallowed by the drop of £35m in income from tv (£35m is roughly £700k a week). so, after all the cuts in playing staff budgets, we're still probably losing at least £40-50m a year.

another way of thinking about it is this...

to get down from a £45m loss after receiving £65m tv money to a £10m loss whilst receiving £25-30m, would involve cutting at least £70m in costs. our total wage bill during 2014-15 was £72.9m, so if we pay the team just £2.9m a yer (£55k a week between everyone at the club - that'd include hoilett on £30k plus 30 others sharing the £25k between them and the manager, stewards, shop staff etc doing it for love), then we'll be ok.
                  Last edited by klonk; 20-05-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

You think if we get rid of Hoilett, Phillips, Caulker, Fer we replace them with better players. How easily manipulated you are.
                    If i'm manipulated then you're damn right deluded!!
                    We're a small club that has spent way beyond its means for the past 4 years and the threat of the FFP is still looming over us and will be for some time i imagine.

None of those players mentioned above EVER warrented their wages or the fees we paid for them as frankly, they never cared about the club.

Like it or not we have to take a different approach to signing players and can't splash the cash anymore. We have to sign diamonds in the rough and break them in as we did we players last season like you know .... the guy who got our player of the year

Comment

Another teeth itchingly frustrating thread. I'm not sure when most participants started supporting this club but if you're only interested in a flashy, garish club that throws cash in the air as if it were March blossom, I think you might have come to the wrong place. The more recent years of inordinate and exorbitant spending have been less of a crescendo and more of a deviation from us... well, being ourselves.

The badge, the video board, the fancy kit manufacturers, the big name managers, the big money signings and all the expensive attempts to make QPR more salubrious have changed this club. And for all the well-intent, have probably damaged it too. Rather than buying a tramp a Gucci suit... you should probably start with a wash, a hot meal and a chance at earning his own future.

QPR is the most wonderful team to support. It'll let you down for the most part but every 5-15 years it does something plucky and gutsy that nobody was expecting. QPR develop players, find players, steal players and conjure players from the least likely of sources. Players from Belfast, Paddington, Blackpool, Manchester, Pretoria, Buenos Aires and Rosario have come to this club for next to nothing, grasped it and fallen in love with it. When those players pull on a QPR shirt, magic happens. Magic that not just any football club can replicate. THAT's what we all fell in love with. Not expensive, unscrupulous tykes with venomous celebrity desire. Sustainability aside, that approach has brought some of the more painful seasons I've ever had to endure. A violent steer clear of it is nothing but welcome in my eyes.
                      Last edited by Padula's Shampoo; 20-05-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Padula's Shampoo View Post
                        Another teeth itchingly frustrating thread. I'm not sure when most participants started supporting this club but if you're only interested in a flashy, garish club that throws cash in the air as if it were March blossom, I think you might have come to the wrong place. The more recent years of inordinate and exorbitant spending have been less of a crescendo and more of a deviation from us... well, being ourselves.

The badge, the video board, the fancy kit manufacturers, the big name managers, the big money signings and all the expensive attempts to make QPR more salubrious have changed this club. And for all the well-intent, have probably damaged it too. Rather than buying a tramp a Gucci suit... you should probably start with a wash, a hot meal and a chance at earning his own future.

QPR is the most wonderful team to support. It'll let you down for the most part but every 5-15 years it does something plucky and gutsy that nobody was expecting. QPR develop players, find players, steal players and conjure players from the least likely of sources. Players from Belfast, Paddington, Blackpool, Manchester, Pretoria, Buenos Aires and Rosario have come to this club for next to nothing, grasped it and fallen in love with it. When those players pull on a QPR shirt, magic happens. Magic that not just any football club can replicate. THAT's what we all fell in love with. Not expensive, unscrupulous tykes with venomous celebrity desire. Sustainability aside, that approach has brought some of the more painful seasons I've ever had to endure. A violet steer clear of it is nothing but welcome in my eyes.
                        My post of the year thus far. That really sums up what being a Rangers supporters is all about to me. Well said mate.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                          Who cares about the clubs finances I was just want to see a manager who can make his players play attacking exciting football and play for the manager and the club basically not the shite of this season
                          Well, I dunno about you, but I'd rather we had a club to support, so yeah, I kinda care about the club's finances.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

QPR is the most wonderful team to support. It'll let you down for the most part but every 5-15 years it does something plucky and gutsy that nobody was expecting. QPR develop players, find players, steal players and conjure players from the least likely of sources. Players from Belfast, Paddington, Blackpool, Manchester, Pretoria, Buenos Aires and Rosario have come to this club for next to nothing, grasped it and fallen in love with it. When those players pull on a QPR shirt, magic happens. Magic that not just any football club can replicate. THAT's what we all fell in love with. Not expensive, unscrupulous tykes with venomous celebrity desire. Sustainability aside, that approach has brought some of the more painful seasons I've ever had to endure. A violent steer clear of it is nothing but welcome in my eyes.
                            What a cracking post
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

That's quite romantic point of view. We live in a different world now. If you want to play Premiership football you need to have a decent squad. You cannot have that with no money.

Comment

That's quite romantic point of view. We live in a different world now. If you want to play Premiership football you need to have a decent squad. You cannot have that with no money.
                                Erm, Leicester ?
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X