Transfer targets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer targets!

So if you were the boss and in charge of recruiting for next season who would be the 6-8 players you would realistically target to make us challenge for a top 6 finish next season.

I'll give it a bash -

CB - Matt Connolly - proven at this level. Great partner for hall
    Rb - haven't got a clue but we need one.
    Cm - dack, freeman, cousins or Lansbury. 2 out of them 4 and id be very happy.
    Dm - Bridcutt
    Wingers - roofe, Stanislas, Buckley, Pritchard - 2 from them 4 and again id be happy.
    Striker - gayle, wells, odemwinge - I really hope we bring someone in who is proven.

But if we ended up with something like this I'd be happy even if it is a pipe dream haha

Smithies

New rb hall Connolly Robinson

Bridcutt Lansbury

Roofe chery Pritchard

Odemwinge

I don't even think that team would cost a fortune to put together as odemwinge is a fre3 and Prichard would be a loan.

We would have energy in the middle and pace and youth on the wings plus a decent striker. Again you could easily replace a Lansbury or Bridcutt with a cousins or freeman but these are the types of players I'd love to see us go for as they are decent ages with good experience of championship football.

Good post, but a lot of this has been covered in the wish list thread. Might be an idea to stick it in there?

Comment

Id love Connoly back, always thought was a big error to sell him. Hooefullu Lansbury finally comes here after all the rumours ocer the past year. Most importantly is a new striker though as simply dont have a consistent scorer.

Comment

LOL at Odemwingie.

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
          LOL at Odemwingie.
          Little bit rude to say that bearing in mind it was a very good post, yeah Odemwingie might not be your preferred choice, but there's other options aswell, why don't you add to the thread as apposed to mocking it
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
            Little bit rude to say that bearing in mind it was a very good post, yeah Odemwingie might not be your preferred choice, but there's other options aswell, why don't you add to the thread as apposed to mocking it
            pot calling kettle black mate?

Anyway, I absolutely agree with all of those listed except Odemwingie, just think it would be a step backwards. Irrespective, would like us to go for LTC as has been stated earlier, he's free, will add a different style of midfielder for different games, and won't be on ridiculous wages. Few players on the continent would do us a world of good as well.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Callum O´Dowd from Oxford. Striker
              Stefan Johansen from Celtic. Midfielder.
              Henry Lansbury from Forest. Midfielder.
              Emy Huws from Huddersfield. Midfielder
              Wells from Huddersfield. Striker.
              Tommy Smith from Ipswich. CB.
              The RB who plays for Hearts of the Middletonian? Name escapes me.
              Last edited by Shania; 07-05-2016, 09:34 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                Alright then...

All of your choices seem like great shouts, but LOL at Odemwingie.

How's that?

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                  Id love Connoly back, always thought was a big error to sell him. Hooefullu Lansbury finally comes here after all the rumours ocer the past year. Most importantly is a new striker though as simply dont have a consistent scorer.
                  He wasn´t all that when he was here? But he has improved, right?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    He wasn´t all that when he was here? But he has improved, right?

ok, i will have a crack at this.

ship out fer,sandro,hoilett,godbern,gladwin,henry,papa shango, tramp,

in, baldock rb, tom lees cb, tarkoski cb, ravel cm, lansbury cm, chris wood st, wells st, winger for each flank, two dms.

so we should have a team/ squad resembling this..................

--------------------------------------------------------------------smithes/ingram----------------------------------------------------------------------------

perchispants/baldock-------------------tarkoski/ned----------------------------------------hall/lees/hill-----------------------------robinson[kepweka

petrasso/ new rm------------------------luongo/new dm-------------------------ravel/furlin---------------------------------------philips/new lm

--------------------------------------------wood/polter---------------------------washington/wells
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Ravel Morrison has to be top of any list we have as we are desperately short of creativity and someone who can move the ball quicker. His undoubted ability would mean decent service to our front line.

Comment

We need to sort out the defence 1st as promotion will never happen with nedum and perch in the back line. Look at boro there full back in friend is a beast of a player. Signing konchesky was also a huge mistake. We need to sort this area out as some of the defending this year has been shambolic and you don't want defenders with zero composure.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

in, baldock rb, tom lees cb, tarkoski cb, ravel cm, lansbury cm, chris wood st, wells st, winger for each flank, two dms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------smithes/ingram----------------------------------------------------------------------------

perchispants/baldock-------------------tarkoski/ned----------------------------------------hall/lees/hill-----------------------------robinson[kepweka

petrasso/ new rm------------------------luongo/new dm-------------------------ravel/furlin---------------------------------------philips/new lm

--------------------------------------------wood/polter---------------------------washington/wells
                          Papa shango hahahahaha that still makes me laugh out loud

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Hall and Tarkowski would be a great CB pairing.
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Is he still at Brentford?

One defender we could look at is De Laet, unless Boro decide to sign him for next season of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X