Bye Bye Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I personally disagree with that, I've watched every game this season at least once and I've seen him boss the midfield numerous times, especially the matches against Middlesbrough away (Last minute penalty loss), Derby away and home even if we lost 1 0 away, and then against Preston (home and away), the Reading match away, Leeds at home, Brentford at home, huddersfield away. There were a few times as well in those games where he had around 100 first touches, which is more than enough to suggest he bossed the midfield and he'll continue doing so for sure. I still haven't seen him shirk from any of his responsibilities this season, always looks to receive the ball and has probably held the ball for the most time of any of our outfield players this season which is incredible considering he almost always plays it after a touch or two. He's maybe not at the level he was back then, but back then, he was considered for that half a season to be the best performing defensive mid in the prem, hence arsenal keeping tabs on him. If he was still at that level, he wouldn't be here and if he was, we'd be a mid table prem side, I'll tell you that now.
    Fair do's. But what your saying is he could have got us to the mid table of the prem on his own but we're still losing games when he is 'bossing' in the championship?
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      Fair do's. But what your saying is he could have got us to the mid table of the prem on his own but we're still losing games when he is 'bossing' in the championship?
      Because its a team sport. He needs other people on his wave length for him to shine properly as well. Put a young hungry, tenacious ball winning midfielder next to him and I think faurlins ability will be realised more. Going forward with polter up top most games we have got a striker for him to thread through balls onto.

Our team is disjointed in terms of ability at the moment. But 4 or 5 decent championship quality players and the likes of faurlin, hall, robinson ect will shine even more next season when they are surrounded by other players of their level.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Because its a team sport. He needs other people on his wave length for him to shine properly as well. Put a young hungry, tenacious ball winning midfielder next to him and I think faurlins ability will be realised more. Going forward with polter up top most games we have got a striker for him to thread through balls onto.

Our team is disjointed in terms of ability at the moment. But 4 or 5 decent championship quality players and the likes of faurlin, hall, robinson ect will shine even more next season when they are surrounded by other players of their level.
        Ok. Your kind of stating the obvious though. Of course if we put a young, hungry etc etc player next to him he will produce more. Like if we had two quality crossers of the ball Polter would have scored more.
        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
          No no what I mean is that had he not gotten that injury, he'd have really carried us as a team to a much higher position. Remember that season was Barton's worst for us, Faurlin there with Derry or him would have elevated us well above where we were. The work he put in at the time was truly phenomenal and it's a testament to his ability and character that despite the setbacks, his work ethic hasn't changed.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Good lad and all of that, squad player, sure, shame about the injuries, but we really need more end product than five assists from corners all season. I might be bring greedy, but s hit I need something.

Comment

No no what I mean is that had he not gotten that injury, he'd have really carried us as a team to a much higher position. Remember that season was Barton's worst for us, Faurlin there with Derry or him would have elevated us well above where we were. The work he put in at the time was truly phenomenal and it's a testament to his ability and character that despite the setbacks, his work ethic hasn't changed.
              not sure about that. faurlin could be relatively easily worked out. remember how watford exploited his weaknesses during promotion season... would have happened over and over in the prem, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Good lad and all of that, squad player, sure, shame about the injuries, but we really need more end product than five assists from corners all season. I might be bring greedy, but s hit I need something.
                I think you're looking at him as a more creative player, when in truth, he's a ticker. He keeps the ball moving, gets the ball to those around him, pings it around the park and tends to play the 3rd or 4th pass from the chance created. I think you'll see a lot more of Luongo next season. Playing anywhere from CDM to CAM, only 4 players have made more assists from open play than him this season in this division. If we consider non crossing assists as well since he's central, no one has made more than his 6 assists from the centre. This all playing only 26 games this season. When he gets consistent game time, he'll do a lot more for sure.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                  not sure about that. faurlin could be relatively easily worked out. remember how watford exploited his weaknesses during promotion season... would have happened over and over in the prem, imo.
                  He had half a season in the prem where no one was capable of limiting him. For that half season he was fit, he was by a country mile our best player.

Comment

Seems like some of us view him differently. Personally I think he's quality and don't understand why some don't think the same. All my non rangers mates who watch us often reckon he's our best player and easily prem quality!
                    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 05-05-2016, 12:08 AM.
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I think you're looking at him as a more creative player, when in truth, he's a ticker. He keeps the ball moving, gets the ball to those around him, pings it around the park and tends to play the 3rd or 4th pass from the chance created. I think you'll see a lot more of Luongo next season. Playing anywhere from CDM to CAM, only 4 players have made more assists from open play than him this season in this division. If we consider non crossing assists as well since he's central, no one has made more than his 6 assists from the centre. This all playing only 26 games this season. When he gets consistent game time, he'll do a lot more for sure.
                      Hmmmm. Feels a little like I'm being asked to become a Scientologist........

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Hmmmm. Feels a little like I'm being asked to become a Scientologist........
                        haha I've been asked far too many times outside my uni to convert to ever put that burden onto someone else, especially a fellow R, even if we disagree far too often

Comment

you're not his agent by any chance are you nas

Comment

This ticker type player works at high level in Spain but in the championship? Not for me. Need players with some pace and no team has quality to retain possession consistently. I'd keep him as s back up but of we have serious intentions of improving, he shouldn't be in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              This ticker type player works at high level in Spain but in the championship? Not for me. Need players with some pace and no team has quality to retain possession consistently. I'd keep him as s back up but of we have serious intentions of improving, he shouldn't be in the team.
                              Thank you James, we need pace and he has none. It's about our club and we need to move forwards.

If we are looking to retain him, has to be very low wages as a squad player as someone has already said.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                                Agree with this. So many complaints about how we should be pushing next season then sentiment takes over and people want to hold onto their favourite players who are no longer up to it

Squad player yes can see logic of that but if he's first team player expect similar season to this next season

Comment

Working...
                                X