Matt Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Just saying, if we're gonna call out individually poor performances, Grant Hall, awful today, Faurlin, awful today, angella, awful today, Henry, awful today. Honestly, we could say he looks disinterested but I was more disappointed in seeing Gabrielle Angella literally stop moving after he lost the ball outside the box. Smithies was livid. Phillips was poor, but so was everyone behind him.
    Henry wasn't poor Naz.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      We got ripped a new one down our left every single time they attacked when that f acking plank was on the pitch. One of the reasons Perch has looked better at LB is because, until tonight, he hadn't that lazy b astard in front of him. Get rid of him ASAP.
      This. Phillips offers nothing defensively.

Comment

body language stinks , offers little protection to his full back , lazy , slack , doesn't fancy it i could go on . nothing worse than wasted talent

Comment

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the geezer has wanted out for months. So why would he risk injury by putting effort in??

Comment

Needless criticism. Phillips is not a LW! Name one game he has played well on the left? You can't because there is none. Why did JFH start him there? He should have started Hoilett on the left and Phillips on the right or if he insisted to play Mackie then Conor or someone else on the left. Mistake made by JFH and not Phillips fault at all.

Comment

Ollie did say why JFH was playing Phillips in that position before the game on telly but I've forgotten what he said now cos I was fast forwarding

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Philips do one
                Hoilett must stay
                Never thought I'd see anyone say that, but agree completely.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Phillips and Hoilett both in the shop window, so they will play regardless of Phillip's lack of effort, or us thinking El Coyote or Petrasso should be in there in preperation for next season
                  The club need to maximise dosh from sales now

Comment

I thought he was by far our worst player last night. Slept on it and I'm still furious. He should be awesome in this league feeding the Polt

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                      Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the geezer has wanted out for months. So why would he risk injury by putting effort in??
                      He wanted to leave in the summer. He can do so much better than this. I hope we can get rid of him.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        Needless criticism. Phillips is not a LW! Name one game he has played well on the left? You can't because there is none. Why did JFH start him there? He should have started Hoilett on the left and Phillips on the right or if he insisted to play Mackie then Conor or someone else on the left. Mistake made by JFH and not Phillips fault at all.
                        Agree. If played on the right instead of spackie mackie then I believe we would have seen a better performance from him

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                          Agree. If played on the right instead of spackie mackie then I believe we would have seen a better performance from him
                          Sure thing. Only trouble is he played on the right against Brentford and was just as s hit as he was last night. The only time Perch has looked decent is playing left back without that lazy plank in front of him. Holliet tracks back. Why Holliet wasn't playing last night is a total mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Sure thing. Only trouble is he played on the right against Brentford and was just as s hit as he was last night. The only time Perch has looked decent is playing left back without that lazy plank in front of him. Holliet tracks back. Why Holliet wasn't playing last night is a total mystery.
                            On international duty with Canada during the week. Probably got back late wednesday/early thursday.
                            Gotta factor that into play here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              Could he be any more disinterested?

Effort levels poor, tracking back and marking awful and what he offers minimal. I'd rather play El Khaty or whatever his name is.
                              I thought the same watching the game last night, totally disinterested and has been every game I've managed to see this season. Surely somebody at the club should be more on the ball with this sort of thing. If a player doesn't want to be here then ship them out. His re-sale value isn't getting any better whilst his contract gets closer to expiry and he isn't playing well. Saw exactly the same thing with Austin and ended up getting half as much as we could have for him!

As for Wile E. Coyote or whatever his name is, not setting the world alight so far is he? Hopefully there is more to come from him once he's settled a bit.

Comment

Khayati looked good first couple of times but will be lacki g match sharpness as barely played really. Shame as Phillips would be perfect person to replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X