Hill for the goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Clint also saved a certain goal first half coming off the left channel and just getting the top of his head on a cross with 3 bad guys at the back post waiting to score.
    That's my man.

Comment

We should have a mistakes thread where all of them can be collected rather than digging out one individual for a personal view of what constituted a mistake.

Comment

Agree with the OP that once Hill decided not to go to the ball he must stay with his man. Had he have done so instead of ball watching he could have stopped the goal.

Totally agree with all the other posts that he more than makes up for this one error with his commitment etc etc. I'm not popping him out just stating the facts as I see them.

Comment

"Anyone notice that he should have come across to stop the shot (which) came (a?)cross. Instead, he decided to stay with the Forest player running into the box but then left hiS (what comes next?)just as the ball is passed for him (who passes for someone?) to score..... Great servant and Guy ( Has his name changed from Clint to Guy?) but that's shocking defending IMO.

Everyone makes mistakes now and again.

Wanchor!
          Last edited by acricketer; 11-01-2016, 01:14 AM.

Comment

He was one of the best players and on Saturday and made a blinding clearance from a very dangerous cross in the first half which would have been a definite goal.

For the one we conceded he was left 2 on 1 so would have left a guy right in front of goal free for an easy pass. The initial shot from the win was just going wide as I was right behind it until there guy slide in and converted. Every goal any team concedes is down to a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              "Anyone notice that he should have come across to stop the shot (which) came (a?)cross. Instead, he decided to stay with the Forest player running into the box but then left hiS (what comes next?)just as the ball is passed for him (who passes for someone?) to score..... Great servant and Guy ( Has his name changed from Clint to Guy?) but that's shocking defending IMO.

Wanchor!
              Decipher this one:

English teachers ain't earning much dosh so you is best doing somefink else with your life ��������

Comment

All players...all people make mistakes. It's when they keep making them that you start to worry (like our owner for instance)

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  Clint also saved a certain goal first half coming off the left channel and just getting the top of his head on a cross with 3 bad guys at the back post waiting to score.
                  Clint always gets his head to places where others wouldn't dare he is a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Wanchor!
                    embarrassing post.

Like others have said, initial fault that we lost the ball so easily. That being said, we should have defended much better and ultimately CH fault. The fact the guy is a club legend at the moment (and i agree, he is) he is often responsible for this type of mistake, its either he makes the wrong decision or often gets caught the wrong side of someone, but that may be his legs at his age now.

I wouldn't knock the bloke and really if you look into every goal we have ever conceded, you can end up blaming one person.

clint being our backup defender (should only be CB) is fine for now.

Comment

nice bit of skill by the winger to start his run!

Comment

Clint not our best defender, I've criticised him many times. But he does give his all and he is always there when we need him. A great servant to this club. It is unfair to pick him out. He should not be playing, we should have replaced him 2 years ago.
                        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                          Clint is a legend make no mistake but that was school boy defending
                          I would be a little more concerned about where Ned was Ward was his man but did not go with him

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            I would be a little more concerned about where Ned was Ward was his man but did not go with him
                            Tbf Im not sure why Ned isnt at the back covering for the break instead of Hill. Clint is just as good in the oppo box as Onuoha (probably better) and Ned has the pace to see off players like Ward.

A mistake from JFH that.

Comment

That's what happens when you play four centre backs. Konchelsky always covers corners. As Bakes said it had to be Onouha even if his too big bulk makes him slower than he should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X