Away days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Away days

What happened to them being fun? I was at Reading 2nd to last row and the row behind me all sat down so I had to sit. Makes singing and getting behind the team so much harder. If there was one thing I'd change about QPR it would be our sit down culture. Against Fulham all 4K of us stood and we gave a good account if ourselves. Am I the only that enjoys away days less than the div 2 days?

i don't like standing up myself as i've got older , it used to be a bit of a problem when my kids were younger as they couldn't see. still today see the frustration on parents faces at away games when their kids can't see . i used to ask the box office for tkts at the front but that was too much trouble for them to do , my boy went to reading and said he had a great night so i went out and got bristol city tkts for us , the atmo at fulham was good but i think its a 2 way street if the fans see the team putting it in on the pitch they will respond

Comment

I thought reading was great a big improvement on some off the away games I have been to and a lot more fans turned up than I expected
      You Rsssssss

Comment

the game being on a thursday didn't help , i bet a few had the friday off

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          i don't like standing up myself as i've got older , it used to be a bit of a problem when my kids were younger as they couldn't see. still today see the frustration on parents faces at away games when their kids can't see . i used to ask the box office for tkts at the front but that was too much trouble for them to do , my boy went to reading and said he had a great night so i went out and got bristol city tkts for us , the atmo at fulham was good but i think its a 2 way street if the fans see the team putting it in on the pitch they will respond
          You've contradicted yourself within that sentence surely? Fulham was the worst performance but probably the best atmosphere at an away game this season (I've only been to about half the away games to be fair).

I think the 'fans responding to effort' stuff is a bit of a myth. A rowdy gang of kids randomly positioned in the right spot where they can stand together, with a different group to go back and forth with stood elsewhere, can make much more of a difference than effort on the pitch.

Also there's was lots more chanting even in the late 90s when we had an awful team putting in zero effort

Sometimes it's just totally random. Anyone remember the 'Hey Jude' chanting away at Newcastle last season that went on for ages? Poor game, but a fun atmosphere popped up out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
            You've contradicted yourself within that sentence surely? Fulham was the worst performance but probably the best atmosphere at an away game this season (I've only been to about half the away games to be fair).

I think the 'fans responding to effort' stuff is a bit of a myth. A rowdy gang of kids randomly positioned in the right spot where they can stand together, with a different group to go back and forth with stood elsewhere, can make much more of a difference than effort on the pitch.

Also there's was lots more chanting even in the late 90s when we had an awful team putting in zero effort

Sometimes it's just totally random. Anyone remember the 'Hey Jude' chanting away at Newcastle last season that went on for ages? Poor game, but a fun atmosphere popped up out of nowhere.
            i think the atmoshere was good at fulham because it was a friday, a lot of the youngsters had a good drink, and the local rivalry

Comment

I'd rather stand but I'm conscious of others. If someone stands and blocks my kids view they're getting told. Had to have someone by the throat at Southampton away last season when he didn't want to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                the game being on a thursday didn't help , i bet a few had the friday off
                I was wondering that as well, why was it on a Thursday? It's Normally Monday and Tuesday I thought and Thursday's were for Europa games?

Comment

We've had some great away trips this season........then we went to the game.

Comment

I have no idea how the 'big teams' have everyone standing all game. I do wish that you could choose if you want to stand or sit and then they seat you accordingly. Of course they cant do that, as no one should be standing. Other fans get away with it as they cant make 3k sit down. Whereas where we have pockets of people standing, it is a lot easier to get them to sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                      Snap. The game is usually the worst part of the day.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Snap. The game is usually the worst part of the day.

Johnny Vaughn has a saying on his Talksport show ..........

"Don't let the football ruin a day out at the football"
                        "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                        For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                          If there was one thing I'd change about QPR it would be our sit down culture.
                          We have do have very loyal fans that go away, but they are all getting on a bit, poor old boys!

Comment

Interesting table about away fans

https://reeshowls.wordpress.com/2015...ue&iframe=true

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                              A nice piece, thanks for sharing Sponge.

Comment

Working...
                              X