Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Sky Sports News HQ understands that QPR are planning to ask Burton's permission to speak to Hasselbaink next week: http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...eive-approach?
    Why next week? Why not now if he's their man? Moving like a tortoise probably why we lost out on Rowett

Comment

Sky Sports News HQ understands that QPR are planning to ask Burton's permission to speak to Hasselbaink next week: http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...eive-approach?
      I think they may have just drawn their own conclusions based on Burton's forthcoming fixture break.

The confusing thing is that the market was suspended across the board when word that NW was going to hold the fort until the summer.
      No one seems to know what is actually happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        Why next week? Why not now if he's their man? Moving like a tortoise probably why we lost out on Rowett
        Reading between the lines I wonder if we called Burtons bluff last night, as perhaps they were messing about ? Now today JFH has asked them to let him speak to us and after Tuesday they have a 2 week period to find a replacement, so it fits for everybody.......well thats what I am hoping.

Comment

• Keep all the press focus on Jfh then - BANG! - in comes Pearson....love it!

Comment

• QPR expected to announce JFH appointment by the end of the week: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...agers-job.html

Comment

QPR expected to announce JFH appointment by the end of the week: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...agers-job.html
              Still don't get why it's taking so long. Would of been nice for him to be in charge for Reading

Comment

• http://m.burtonmail.co.uk/Fresh-doub...ail/story.html

Looks positive.
                Kept the faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                  I like the line where a Burton player says "QPR job is unbelievable". Nice to hear

Comment

• Good news.

Let's get that approach in pronto.

Comment

• I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Radio just said reports of an official bid have been made.
                        Could just be feeding off the existing rumours but seems to be gathering pace now.
                        Fingers crossed
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

• Fingers crossed looking forward to an exciting appointment at last.

Comment

• Wonder if he said bye to the Burton fans last night, cos it's looking pretty obvious he's a our new manager now. Can't wait to be honest.

Comment

• http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...nk-appointment

Looks done. Official approach in first thing this morning.

For me, it is the first time I have been excited about QPR in a long time. A great player, and so far he is proving to be a good manager. The way his players speak about him, and how he has them performing is incredible. This is Burton Albion we are talking about, a club of that size has no right to be at the top of league 1, let alone in it (No disrespect meant towards them - as the table doesn't lie).

Does he have Championship experience? No, and so what. Nor did Clement, Rowlett, the list goes on. Does he have a vision and style, yes. 11 clean sheets in the league tells you he is big on not leaking goals. When attacking they play good football also (I think it was Burtons 2nd goal last night). Listening to him speak on those documentaries and interviews, he knows what he is talking about and what he wants. He clearly gets his message across and has his players all on side. He will automatically gain the respect of our players because of who he is and what he has achieved in his career which is a lot more than all of our players.

Football has changed. I love Warnock but there is only so much 'old skool' players can take now. There is a lot more to football then having someone just motivate the players. Hopefully he stays on upstairs and can offer Jimmy a little advice if he needs it, but for me Jimmy is the right choice and for the first time in a long time I feel we are getting a manager who will not bleed us dry, and want to do well with us and get us back to a respectful club that everybody likes.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

• So if he's a success he'll be our own Jimmy, fail and he's Chelsea scum..........we certainly seem to be championing the cause of black managers, but in this respect JFH seems a much better bet to further that cause than Ramsay ever was. There's another incentive for JFH - a chance to be the standard bearer for black managers in the English League...only takes one to black manager make it big for football club directors to conclude that maybe there's an untapped resource here that they should be paying more attention to.

Comment

Working...
                                X