X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence

From QPR_Stats on twitter:

"@QPRFC have allowed only one shot on target over last two games."

Is the defence improving? I think Hall and Hill being our centre backs in both games has something to do with it!
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

I might have to rethink my statistical 11 because Ned has done bloody well since moving out wide in the last two games to accommodate those two at centre back. I think Perch let too many people get onto their good foot and Ned has stopped them so chances dry up. Alongside that, Hall and Hill have silenced any attacks from the middle.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Just need Yun back now.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        Just need Yun back now.
        A great back four in the making with those lot. When Jack-o-lantern comes back later in the season, well be unstoppable haha
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Don't like Onuoha at right back and i think Hall and Hill wont be our first choice paring in the middle. All being well i would keep faith with Perch at right back Onuoha and Hall (been very impressive) and i would like to see Yun at Left back.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
            Don't like Onuoha at right back and i think Hall and Hill wont be our first choice paring in the middle. All being well i would keep faith with Perch at right back Onuoha and Hall (been very impressive) and i would like to see Yun at Left back.
            Just out of pure interest, why would you want to change 3 of the back 4 which has kept 2 clean sheets in a row?

Comment

We all seem to agree that Nedum shouldn't be played as a right back, but perhaps with a run of games he may be fine.

Can't be easy just jumping into a strange position every time you are asked to, simply because the management neglected to think about proper cover in favour of a ridiculous amount of midfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                Just out of pure interest, why would you want to change 3 of the back 4 which has kept 2 clean sheets in a row?
                For me far bigger tests to come, very impressed against Sheff Wed who are a big direct attacking side , against MK Dons not the strongest opposition, don't think you can rely on Hill to play 2 games a week and me personally i would like to see Yun given a go in this league, so if all were fit that would be my choice, but it will change all the time because there are so many games in this league that players will get tired and injuries will have an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  We all seem to agree that Nedum shouldn't be played as a right back, but perhaps with a run of games he may be fine.

Can't be easy just jumping into a strange position every time you are asked to, simply because the management neglected to think about proper cover in favour of a ridiculous amount of midfielders.
                  i would rather nervous at rb than perchispants any day of the week.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I like Ned and I like Clint. I don't think Clint has ever let us down playing CB but he looks ropey at LB cos he's too slow. Ned's had plenty of goes at CB and frankly he's found wanting too often - if he's doing okay at RB I'd just leave him there. Changing a defence that's just delivered two shut outs would be insane in my view.

Comment

Just need Yun back now.
                      he is back. just not being picked. been back 2/3 weeks. http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...s-yuns-absence
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                        he is back. just not being picked. been back 2/3 weeks. http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...s-yuns-absence
                        TBH i'd put him right at that. If Konch starts playing badly, out he goes and we have Yun raring to go.

Comment

Just need Yun back now.
                          I'd keep Konch there for now, he's been solid. Hasn't done anything wrong to warrant dropping imo.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Onuha will get better at RB.....think he used to play there for City years ago - just a case of adapting his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Onuha will get better at RB.....think he used to play there for City years ago - just a case of adapting his game.
                              He's got the pace, intercepting ability and reach to deal with wingers trying to get around him. He can get forward and play a decent ball in (JET's goal case in point) and he is a good header of the ball which is handy anywhere in the back 4. He dribbles surprisingly well but he does need to work on his passing game.

Comment

Working...
                              X