Still firmly 'Ramsey Out'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still firmly 'Ramsey Out'

Yes, we won the game, and it was strangely entertaining, but today’s performance was embarrassing in so many respects.

- First of all, make no mistake, Bolton are shocking. There's a reason they're in the relegation zone. Their defence was appalling and some of their gameplay the stuff of nightmares. They made Kevin Blackwell’s Sheffield United side seem like the Brazil 1970 World Cup squad. A decent team would have torn them apart with ease, beating them 3 or 4 nil, not desperately clinging on and finishing the game with three holding midfielders. Our (very) fortunate victory needs to be put into perspective.

- Some of our defending was beyond anything I've seen in a professional football match. There was a moment in the first half when a goal-kick bounced over three defenders and resulted in a one-on-one, which fortunately the Bolton striker squandered. Equally, the marking for the first two goals was pitiful. The coach responsible for defensive training (if there is one) needs to be dragged out at half-time and publicly vilified. Brighton will put six past us if it continues (as I expect it will).

- Henry and To$$er are the worst midfield pairing I've seen since the days of Steve Morrow. The latter is an embarrassment of a footballer. The fact that Ramsey picks these two over the Brazilian international Sandro tells you all you need to know about his managerial ability.

- Substituting Fer? What was he playing at? He decides to finish a game against a team as poor as Bolton with three holding midfielders - and we still concede! The decision reminded me of Paul Hart playing two sets of full-backs as we clung on to a one-goal lead against Bristol City. The man is inept.
    - Don't think I saw us win a single header. Angella in particular was beaten every single time. What the hell do they do in training? I reckon Doudou would beat some of this lot in the air. Again - pathetic.

- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - brilliant performance, so why hasn't he been playing? As far as I'm aware he's been available for the majority of fixtures so far. He'd have been superb alongside Austin. Yet Ramsey stuck with his 4-3-2-1 'system'.

Today we won in spite of Ramsey’s incompetence, not because of his tactical abilities. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that he is the right man to take the club forward, short- or long-term. His win record is abysmal, the number of goals conceded is embarrassing and the team has no discernible shape. He was saved today by moments of individual brilliance from JET, Fer and, the man who he was publicly lambasting a few days ago, Chery.

We’re 11th at the moment and that’s roughly where we’ll finish with Ramsey in charge (13th-16th I would say). If that’s the aim this season, to be ‘patient’ and ‘consolidate’, then can someone explain to me why Austin was kept? Should’ve taken the Ł15 million, as he’ll be off for free next summer to a club enjoying the financial benefits of Premiership football, as will the other good players at our disposal. This idea that we should be aiming for mediocrity just doesn’t make any sense at all - but then I suppose we’re QPR, we don’t do logic.

Ramsey must go if we’re going to move forward. He is not the man for any long-term ‘rebuilding’ strategy. Even a half-decent manager with some experience would get this team playing well with all its talent. Sticking with him is madness - he is utterly inept.

Hard to argue with much of that. Other than say that Fer was subbed because he was knackered given it was his first start of the season.

Comment

Fer was begging to come off cos he was knackered and hes still not match fit, and Sandro isnt fit enough to start. No manager on the entire planet would start Henry over Sandro if both were fit, i repeat no manager on the planet. So you cant blame Ramsey Out for any of that.
      Toszer is an embarrassment of a footballer after seeing him in a couple of games, have a word with yourself.
      Agree Ramsey has to go, but making up false stories about things he cant control like unfit players and silly name calling of players who helped a club get to the prem last season does not help the case imo.
      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 04-10-2015, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
        Yes, we won the game, and it was strangely entertaining, but today’s performance was embarrassing in so many respects.

- First of all, make no mistake, Bolton are shocking. There's a reason they're in the relegation zone. Their defence was appalling and some of their gameplay the stuff of nightmares. They made Kevin Blackwell’s Sheffield United side seem like the Brazil 1970 World Cup squad. A decent team would have torn them apart with ease, beating them 3 or 4 nil, not desperately clinging on and finishing the game with three holding midfielders. Our (very) fortunate victory needs to be put into perspective.

- Some of our defending was beyond anything I've seen in a professional football match. There was a moment in the first half when a goal-kick bounced over three defenders and resulted in a one-on-one, which fortunately the Bolton striker squandered. Equally, the marking for the first two goals was pitiful. The coach responsible for defensive training (if there is one) needs to be dragged out at half-time and publicly vilified. Brighton will put six past us if it continues (as I expect it will).

- Henry and To$$er are the worst midfield pairing I've seen since the days of Steve Morrow. The latter is an embarrassment of a footballer. The fact that Ramsey picks these two over the Brazilian international Sandro tells you all you need to know about his managerial ability.

- Substituting Fer? What was he playing at? He decides to finish a game against a team as poor as Bolton with three holding midfielders - and we still concede! The decision reminded me of Paul Hart playing two sets of full-backs as we clung on to a one-goal lead against Bristol City. The man is inept.
        - Don't think I saw us win a single header. Angella in particular was beaten every single time. What the hell do they do in training? I reckon Doudou would beat some of this lot in the air. Again - pathetic.

- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - brilliant performance, so why hasn't he been playing? As far as I'm aware he's been available for the majority of fixtures so far. He'd have been superb alongside Austin. Yet Ramsey stuck with his 4-3-2-1 'system'.

Today we won in spite of Ramsey’s incompetence, not because of his tactical abilities. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that he is the right man to take the club forward, short- or long-term. His win record is abysmal, the number of goals conceded is embarrassing and the team has no discernible shape. He was saved today by moments of individual brilliance from JET, Fer and, the man who he was publicly lambasting a few days ago, Chery.

We’re 11th at the moment and that’s roughly where we’ll finish with Ramsey in charge (13th-16th I would say). If that’s the aim this season, to be ‘patient’ and ‘consolidate’, then can someone explain to me why Austin was kept? Should’ve taken the Ł15 million, as he’ll be off for free next summer to a club enjoying the financial benefits of Premiership football, as will the other good players at our disposal. This idea that we should be aiming for mediocrity just doesn’t make any sense at all - but then I suppose we’re QPR, we don’t do logic.

Ramsey must go if we’re going to move forward. He is not the man for any long-term ‘rebuilding’ strategy. Even a half-decent manager with some experience would get this team playing well with all its talent. Sticking with him is madness - he is utterly inept.
        Substituting Fer was absolutely necessary. Bloke looked totally dead at that point. Remember its only his first start this season. Angella and Hall didn't do it for me today but can't blame CR for their defensive lack of quality on the day. Hall has generally been good all season and Angella looks composed. Think Onuoha has to play alongside one of these if he learns to never let the ball bounce. 4231 works for goalscoring and once we sort out the midfield, it will work for the defending. Ramsey is right to stick with it and not fall from it. It is better for the long term future of the club to develop a basic formation.
        His tactical ability was an important element of today and if you are going to vilify him weekly for not making subs and having that cost us, you will also have to respect and congratulate him for not making the JET sub everyone (including myself) thought was needed.
        Also, do you know what motivation is? Some players need to hear criticism and see criticism to be motivated. Maybe Chery is one of those players.

You seem to lack an understanding of fitness and recovery in sport so I'll break it down once more. Fer came off because he was naturally tired on his first start. Sandro didn't start because in general, players should get no more than 30 minutes in their first bit of competitive football. We've seen that many times and it is something people in sport know. JET generally looks tired because he works in bursts. He will do a lot of running in a short space of time and then stop doing anything for a period. As Ramsey showed today, an awareness of that gets the best out of players.
        Give him a break ffs. His players make errors and you lot put it all on him. He makes decisions and the ones he made today paid off. Enjoy the win and stop looking for reasons to hate the bloke.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Every good team needs a strong spine and Ramsey has got this area totally wrong. This has been his biggest and most disappointing failing.

Comment

our defending is embarrassing as the first goal today was very similar to the first at Fulham so what has been learnt or been coached during the past week? sod all by the look of it! Ramsay got away with it yesterday as any decent team would have spanked us by 3 or 4, We need to change as soon as possible to give ourselves a chance of the top 6 at least as that is possible with the squad we have and with the right man in charge this could be achieved. No turning point yesterday as we concede the same goals over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Substituting Fer was absolutely necessary. Bloke looked totally dead at that point. Remember its only his first start this season. Angella and Hall didn't do it for me today but can't blame CR for their defensive lack of quality on the day. Hall has generally been good all season and Angella looks composed. Think Onuoha has to play alongside one of these if he learns to never let the ball bounce. 4231 works for goalscoring and once we sort out the midfield, it will work for the defending. Ramsey is right to stick with it and not fall from it. It is better for the long term future of the club to develop a basic formation.
              His tactical ability was an important element of today and if you are going to vilify him weekly for not making subs and having that cost us, you will also have to respect and congratulate him for not making the JET sub everyone (including myself) thought was needed.
              Also, do you know what motivation is? Some players need to hear criticism and see criticism to be motivated. Maybe Chery is one of those players.

You seem to lack an understanding of fitness and recovery in sport so I'll break it down once more. Fer came off because he was naturally tired on his first start. Sandro didn't start because in general, players should get no more than 30 minutes in their first bit of competitive football. We've seen that many times and it is something people in sport know. JET generally looks tired because he works in bursts. He will do a lot of running in a short space of time and then stop doing anything for a period. As Ramsey showed today, an awareness of that gets the best out of players.
              Give him a break ffs. His players make errors and you lot put it all on him. He makes decisions and the ones he made today paid off. Enjoy the win and stop looking for reasons to hate the bloke.
              What absolute bol locks!

Comment

I know this sounds daft but, Ramsey is here for ages so why not get him a decent number 2 someone who can show him the tactical side off the game, bring in Gerry Francis coz ramsey ain't going nowhere
                You Rsssssss

Comment

Well said - a well reasoned and expressed comment that is worthy of consideration rather than throw away insult! Being a football fan will always be about the weekly ups and downs ( even if you support Chelsea it seems),
                  For me a decent season sees us in the play-offs following a late run, the team ,and coaching staff, having been given the time to gel. If relegation becomes a realistic possibility, that would be the time to abandon the 'project".it's too too soon.

Comment

100% Agree with all of that, Ramsey is so clueless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                        I know this sounds daft but, Ramsey is here for ages so why not get him a decent number 2 someone who can show him the tactical side off the game, bring in Gerry Francis coz ramsey ain't going nowhere

Comment

Tactical ability......that would be pushing Henry forward into Fer's support role when Fer went off would it? CR got lucky today because Jet worked out and Fer and Chery played well. Let's see if he learns from it before we start making him a candidate to succeed Woy.

Comment

I'm not a fan if it was up to me he wouldn't of got the job after last season. After the Fulham game i would of sacked the cnt before he even made it back to the dressing room, i was livid as was we all.

CR needed to beat Bolton by hook or by crook by whatever means possible and we did, how much credit goes to Ramsey is debatable. He lives to fight another day.

We've now got a 2 week break and he has got to drill that defence into some kind of unit, if we come out at Birmingham and concede another soft early goal or more free headers then its safe to say his coaching ain't working. 10 games in things should be taking shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                              This is so true and think someone on coaching staff who has been around the block could have a noticeable impact. You look at the bench and its totally inexperienced at this level!!! Ramsey in his first season, Gallen never operated at this level before the rest on the staff I could not even name.

Someone like Francis would be good or someone little bit more current

Comment

Working...
                              X