Chery deserves a discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    He's a left winger, we are playing him on the wing, rotating with Phillips- can't see how we are playing him out of position?

All three of those players are rotating. Its a very good tactic because it makes the opposition defence uneasy in dealing with them.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think Chery struggles physically in home matches where he does not get as much space and easily gets muscled off the ball. I think he will be replaced by Fer when the latter is fit.

Comment

I'm still optimistic on this lad, think he will be a top player for us. Early days
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
          Long queue of people wanting that 10 role, & Fer is back soon & it will be his .
          BTW that 4 2 3 1 needs at least 2 of the 3 to be box to box workaholics, hence Mackie getting in my team, we have too many passengers ATM.
          Loads of no 10s. Few central midfielders. No non defensive midfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

All three of those players are rotating. Its a very good tactic because it makes the opposition defence uneasy in dealing with them.
            Good tactic in theory, but who is it confusing, us or the opposition ?

Comment

Good tactic in theory, but who is it confusing, us or the opposition ?
              Definitely the opposition. Look at the first goal against Wolves for example, Matty was on the right, rotated to left and got a perfect cross in. Moved to the right wing and got another goal and then came back across for his second.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Definitely the opposition. Look at the first goal against Wolves for example, Matty was on the right, rotated to left and got a perfect cross in. Moved to the right wing and got another goal and then came back across for his second.
                Fancy Dan sh1t! The way I see it we need to simplify it all, & stop leaking silly goals, we have the players to nick a goal if we can start keeping clean sheets. My solution for doing that is the players in a system they understand in clearly defined roles. 4 4 fcking 2.

Comment

chery has been awful the last 2 games. Gives the ball away loads , no end product.

Gotta give the lad a chance though there is a reason he has come to QPR after all and not anyone higher up the leagues.

Comment

I was a bit disappointed in him on Wed. He looks like he does put his all in though, which bodes well to settling in.

I think the trouble is that our build up was so slow. Gives the other team time to get back and men behind the ball which limits what he can do. I think faster service (so lose Henry) and he will be a better player. He looked the better player out of him and Luongo I thought.

Comment

Fancy Dan sh1t! The way I see it we need to simplify it all, & stop leaking silly goals, we have the players to nick a goal if we can start keeping clean sheets. My solution for doing that is the players in a system they understand in clearly defined roles. 4 4 fcking 2.
                      Who said they understand that role? In Holland and the rest of mainland europe no one plays that. Only the Championship do you see that formation being played at all and there is a reason the teams that have tended to go up and stay up are the ones who don't play 442 (Leicester, Swansea, Southampton, etc)

Comment

Chery needs to play behind the striker. Luongo does well but can't finish. He needs to drop in alongside Faurlin/Sandro/Tozser.

Comment

I do agree with this and I for one don't think we need another up top as we are scoring goals enough. The trouble with the 3 behind the striker rotating is that when they are switching positions they neglect tracking the opposition full backs which has been a constant problem. I believe they are all working hard but the rotation is effecting the defence. This could still work but need two DM's that are playing well. Will be better once Sandro, Faurlin and Fer are back. Ñothing wrong with current tactics imo

Chery has never had to track of defend before so for now he is learning to do both defend and attack. He will get there once the team starts playing nicer football
                          Last edited by QPR17; 18-09-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Who said they understand that role? In Holland and the rest of mainland europe no one plays that. Only the Championship do you see that formation being played at all and there is a reason the teams that have tended to go up and stay up are the ones who don't play 442 (Leicester, Swansea, Southampton, etc)
                            leicester lined up 4-4-2 last season..

Comment

Formations have changed over the years. A few years ago, a 433 was just 451. The 4 2 3 1 was a 451. The 442 diamond was just a 442. Any tactics have the potential to work as long as the players are well drilled in that formation. I dont recall anyone saying about 'people behind behind the 9' other than it being 1 target man and one that runs behind for example - which was a 442.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                                Formations have changed over the years. A few years ago, a 433 was just 451. The 4 2 3 1 was a 451. The 442 diamond was just a 442. Any tactics have the potential to work as long as the players are well drilled in that formation. I dont recall anyone saying about 'people behind behind the 9' other than it being 1 target man and one that runs behind for example - which was a 442.
                                Good post

Comment

Working...
                                X