Loan Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loan Market

Think we are covered in most positions but I think a Winger and a Striker would come in handy. I'm sure we can take advantage of a few of the players that wanted out and didn't get what they want... Lewis Grabban for example.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

I really hope we can get another right back, I think perch is still a bit dodgy so it would be nice for him to have some competition, furlong ain't up to it not yet anyway
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Where would a winger fit in? We have:

Chery, Luongo, Phillips, Fer, Mackie, Gladwin, JET, Hoilett

...all to fit into three positions on the pitch and maybe three subs.

Comment

Don't think we need anyone tbh bud. Absolutely delighted with our squad as it is. 4th in the league with a developing squad, kept our best 2 players at the club, added a class midfielder and centre back and got a 25year old braziliian international midfielder and a 25year old Dutch international midfielder back with the squad.

Massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post

Hoilett is out of the reckoning.

Comment

Hoilett on a free, not sure Jet is a winger IMO neither is Fer or Luango, for me I'm not sure on Gladwin, hasn't seen much but what I have seen is not brilliant. So that leaves Chery, Phillips and Mackie. Just feel maybe a bit of competition will be good. Would be nice to see a few youngsters but I think Ramsey has other ideas.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Should only be looking out loans OUT. We have over 30 players in the first team squad and are probably paying the biggest wages in this league again! Not a problem if the owners want to write off another large part of their debt when it comes to accounts time...

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                Hoilett on a free, not sure Jet is a winger IMO neither is Fer or Luango, for me I'm not sure on Gladwin, hasn't seen much but what I have seen is not brilliant. So that leaves Chery, Phillips and Mackie. Just feel maybe a bit of competition will be good. Would be nice to see a few youngsters but I think Ramsey has other ideas.
                If we're going to give up on Gladwin (one of the better forwards in the league below ours last season) after about 100 minutes first team action and replace him with a loan, we may as well go all out and get BAE back and try sign Adebayor

Also JET can definitely play wing / wide forward. I'd agree he's no good as a wide midfielder in a four, but then neither is Mackie or pretty much anyone listed aside from Phillips. Hence us staying clear of 442, thank ####.

Comment

I think Cole Kpet. Furs, Cox, Sutherland, Comley, and Lumley should go out on loan, get an experience RB to cover Perch and maybe a striker if Best or Poulter don't work out, job done!
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

If we're going to give up on Gladwin (one of the better forwards in the league below ours last season) after about 100 minutes first team action and replace him with a loan, we may as well go all out and get BAE back and try sign Adebayor

Also JET can definitely play wing / wide forward. I'd agree he's no good as a wide midfielder in a four, but then neither is Mackie or pretty much anyone listed aside from Phillips. Hence us staying clear of 442, thank ####.
                    Will take your word on Gladwin.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I'd take a serious look at Simpson on loan tbh. I think he would just make us that little extra steady at the back. Perch still hasn't settled imp but early days. Bit of healthy competition would be good for him.

As for gladwin he's a raw talent. You can see he's got potential and now we can bleed him in the right way way rather then just chucking him straight in the first 11.
                      Great player to chuck on for 20-30 mins if you need something to happen or we are coasting. Will do him the world of good.

Comment

Thought Gladwin was excellent preseason.

Simpson for Perch is the precise sort of 'signing for the sake of a signing' that we need to avoid. There isn't a great deal between the two, and dumping Perch (highly rated at Wigan, consistent throughout his career thus far) after just a few games sends a terrible signal.

One of the main reasons people think Simpson is better is he was playing in that dull Redknapp side where we hogged the ball all game, passed sideways and never committed people forward. Not sure how solid he (or any fullbacks) would look in the current side

Comment

Working...
                        X