Hoilett and Traore offered free transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    Then again, there's an argument to be made about tying two young players down to longer contracts. I'm sure now the club wishes it had tied Charlie down to a longer contract. Charlie has realised his potential, Hoilett and Traore haven't.

When we signed Hoilett he came with a good reputation and loads of potential. No one could have foreseen how disastrous things would turn out. Traore came from one of the country's top teams, a young player that was rough around the edges, quick, could cross a ball, and could be coached to become a good left back. Both players had lots of potential and good futures.

Signing any player is a big risk. If both of them had performed like Charlie has, we'd all been moaning why we didn't sign them to longer contracts given their ages and potential. Can see why the club signed them to long contracts. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out.
    I disagree, I think we've been naive.

We should have told Hoilett to do one when he was playing us off against Hertha Berlin or Borrussia Munchengladback or whoever it was. It should have been clear at that point he was only about the money and didn't care enough about playing for the club. As for Traore, he's always been sh*t hasn't he? I can just about understand why we signed him in the first place, it's not a crime not to be good enough for Arsenal but why we gave him another 2 years on Premiership money is beyond me!

In both cases I think they are being overpaid. I know people will point out that all of us are guessing what they are actually being paid, which is of course true. I would however say that that it is a pretty reasonable assumption that they are both getting way more than any other Premiership club would be likely to pay them (both now and when they we signed them).
    Last edited by Tarbie; 31-08-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      So there is no saving then they will get what they would have got had they hung around and they can go elsewhere and earn double bubble at our expense for 12months

so no money is freed up. Unless they forgo some salary I would stick them in stiffs and ruin their career like SWP
      He may not get paid up fully but probably a big chunk if it. So we could save some money by letting him go.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
        Hoilett. The mind boggles. Once in a while he really does the business - looks proper class.... then he goes on a (long) run on being utter shyte.

Traore. Again: once in a while he will skin a defence and send in a brilliant cross.... then he goes to shyte for a long period of time (but not as long as he's on the physio table).

Those couple of b&$tards have robbed the club blind. Only that filthy little gimp, SWP pulled a bigger one.
        Twice in four years...... Let's stop saying that. Two assists against Stoke and Man City. Both involved a cross. Neither saw him skin a defender.

Comment

yep, two crosses in for years...

#greatestcrosserintheuniverse
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Don't forget the goal against Ipswich everyone loved him after that

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
              Then again, there's an argument to be made about tying two young players down to longer contracts. I'm sure now the club wishes it had tied Charlie down to a longer contract. Charlie has realised his potential, Hoilett and Traore haven't.

When we signed Hoilett he came with a good reputation and loads of potential. No one could have foreseen how disastrous things would turn out. Traore came from one of the country's top teams, a young player that was rough around the edges, quick, could cross a ball, and could be coached to become a good left back. Both players had lots of potential and good futures.

Signing any player is a big risk. If both of them had performed like Charlie has, we'd all been moaning why we didn't sign them to longer contracts given their ages and potential. Can see why the club signed them to long contracts. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out.
              Except Charlie has always delivered goals at every level he has ever played at - so well worth a punt. Traore has never delivered anything for anybody - just talk to some Gooners about him. The ones I know laughed their b ollox off when they saw we were actually paying them to take him off their hands. How he got a contract extension is a totally mystery to me. The bloke is gash.

Comment

Originally posted by Adel View Post
                Don't forget the goal against Ipswich everyone loved him after that
                Not everyone.......

Comment

Let´s just get rid FFS
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Not everyone.......
                    Reminds of a scene in Life of Brian, where one fella announces "There isn't a man in this room who wouldn't die for the cause"
                    and then a little pause before a hand goes up and another bloke says "Well there is one"

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Not everyone.......
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Nottingham forest have enquired about Hoilett. Could be big news for us.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Nottingham forest have enquired about Hoilett. Could be big news for us.
                          Yeah apparently Dougie wants to know what he does for a living!....Gotta a chauffeur's job going

Comment

Just noticed that the thread is entitled

Hoilett and Traore offed free transfers

Could we delete the last two words, please??

Comment

Hoilett Offered To Swansea

Please god don't let us down on this one !

Comment

You just know he'll be awesome if he goes Swansea...

Comment

Working...
                                X