No announcement yet.

I think one of our major problems at the back is Nedum Onouha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone willing to share their username and password for qpr player hd?

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
      I am going to go against the grain and say, I think Onouha IS the problem, he isn't commanding as a CB/ leader like Alan McDonald or a man marker like Danny Maddix.

I think the only position he would probably excel in is on the right of a three at the back, it's must be difficult to play anyone next to him because he doesn't read the game well, mark well or isn't tall enough to be completely dominant in the air.

What are your thoughts?
      Danny Maddix was awesome at man marking....the oppositipn might as well have rested their star striker for matches whrn he was playing!

Comment

If he has to cover for mistakes made by the right back, sure he will struggle.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

His passing skills is a disgrace. Otherwise ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
            Danny Maddix was awesome at man marking....the oppositipn might as well have rested their star striker for matches whrn he was playing!
            Oh yes
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Someone like James Collins would be great alongside Ned.

Comment

Hangeland could also do a job alongside Onuaha. For a season.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

ned is a awkward looking footballer never looks comfortable on the ball , terrible full back keeps slicing the ball off the pitch , i like his tackling and heading tho and he's a trier best at centre back we've got at the present time . would take the captains armband off him as he's to quiet not sure who i'd give it to as i feel we lack a real leader. sometimes the captain just sticks out in a team but apart from hill don't really see one and hill to old to play now

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                    I am going to go against the grain and say, I think Onouha IS the problem, he isn't commanding as a CB/ leader like Alan McDonald or a man marker like Danny Maddix.

I think the only position he would probably excel in is on the right of a three at the back, it's must be difficult to play anyone next to him because he doesn't read the game well, mark well or isn't tall enough to be completely dominant in the air.

What are your thoughts?
                    Agreed. Onuoha doesn´t fill me with confidence, as he looks nervous almost every time he has the ball. And as others has mentioned he is not dominant enough in the air and too quiet to be captain in my eyes. Some nice tackles and good speed though, and I think he will be good enough for us in the championship. We just need to keep on banging them in to rescue the points anyway...
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      ned is a awkward looking footballer never looks comfortable on the ball , terrible full back keeps slicing the ball off the pitch , i like his tackling and heading tho and he's a trier best at centre back we've got at the present time . would take the captains armband off him as he's to quiet not sure who i'd give it to as i feel we lack a real leader. sometimes the captain just sticks out in a team but apart from hill don't really see one and hill to old to play now
                      He isn't capiain material but if we took it away from him, what little confidence he has would disappear.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

It really depends how you want to look at it. Rio Ferdinand had everything yet still needed somebody like Vidic/Terry who are no nonsense CB's with very little to offer going forward alongside him at Utd and England.

I think with Nedum hes has half of the traits of both positions of a stopper and a sweeper. He has the pace, very strong physically, decent in the air (gets out jumped occasionally) but zero composure on the ball and just seems to always be caught out. We should be patient and trust in Ramsey. He knows what hes doing long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Taarabt View Post
                          It really depends how you want to look at it. Rio Ferdinand had everything yet still needed somebody like Vidic/Terry who are no nonsense CB's with very little to offer going forward alongside him at Utd and England.

I think with Nedum hes has half of the traits of both positions of a stopper and a sweeper. He has the pace, very strong physically, decent in the air (gets out jumped occasionally) but zero composure on the ball and just seems to always be caught out. We should be patient and trust in Ramsey. He knows what hes doing long term.

Sorry mate but I have to ask does he ?

Comment

Out of interest why do so many put Clint forward as captain???? Yes he tries hard and like John Terry puts his head where it hurts and says right things in interview but does he talk anymore then Nedum (positively) on the pitch???

When I watch Hill I see him blaming quite a lot and opening his arms up when he hits a ball long to no one and he's trying to deflect blame. Don't think we have been blessed with good captains since Macca I would say Palmer was last proper captain\leader we had on the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Out of interest why do so many put Clint forward as captain???? Yes he tries hard and like John Terry puts his head where it hurts and says right things in interview but does he talk anymore then Nedum (positively) on the pitch???

When I watch Hill I see him blaming quite a lot and opening his arms up when he hits a ball long to no one and he's trying to deflect blame. Don't think we have been blessed with good captains since Macca I would say Palmer was last proper captain\leader we had on the pitch
                              He was a great captain............god awful footballer but a great captain!

Comment

If we could get Sandro he might be good for the role? Interesting points regarding Hill.
                                Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X