Karl Henry/Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl Henry/Faurlin

Pretty sure Henry has hardly featured in Pre season? Faurlin features heavily then CR starts Henry? Just thought that was very weird.

Whilst I agree fordy, think we really need to be giving Faurlin the kid gloves treatment especially early doors this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Whilst I agree fordy, think we really need to be giving Faurlin the kid gloves treatment especially early doors this season.
      Agree. Pre season is a glorified kick about to gauge fitness and formation understandings. The real deal will put a lot more stresses and strains on the body, especially poor Ali's fragile knees. Ease him in, then he'll slowly become a starter. He has the class to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
        Agree. Pre season is a glorified kick about to gauge fitness and formation understandings. The real deal will put a lot more stresses and strains on the body, especially poor Ali's fragile knees. Ease him in, then he'll slowly become a starter. He has the class to be.
        That's the reason i wouldn't like him to play against Yeovil. It's this sort of game that could be his undoing.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
          That's the reason i wouldn't like him to play against Yeovil. It's this sort of game that could be his undoing.
          Any game could be his undoing. 45+60 mins for Ali on Tuesday for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            Pretty sure Henry has hardly featured in Pre season? Faurlin features heavily then CR starts Henry? Just thought that was very weird.
            They will ease Ali in after his terrible injury record over the last few years, as i said on a previous post your never match fit straight away and they wont want to risk an unnecessary injury on him straight away, they will ease him into this season and rightly so.

Comment

What's weird for me is the useless pre season we have had. We sign two old full backs at the last minute and throw them in, with hardly a game between them. Also, Clint Hill is past it for 3 seasons now. Our back 4 yesterday was worse than the Karl Ready and Steve Morrow days!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                What's weird for me is the useless pre season we have had. We sign two old full backs at the last minute and throw them in, with hardly a game between them. Also, Clint Hill is past it for 3 seasons now. Our back 4 yesterday was worse than the Karl Ready and Steve Morrow days!!!
                It's was very experience wasn't it. Loads of Prem games between em. Desperately need Yun back plus a really good CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  It's was very experience wasn't it. Loads of Prem games between em. Desperately need Yun back plus a really good CB.
                  Yun out for 3-4 weeks by all accounts.
                  From the Hills of Kerry
                  To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Deluded. Not based on reality.

Comment

You could make an argument either way with the back 4 at the moment but I think everyone probably agrees Ned is good for us.

We certainly need another CB but Clint is OK at this level against 70% of teams at least.

Yun will hopefully be 1st choice LB when fit and Konchesky just cover, he had a couple of poor crosses on Saturday towards the end but thought he looked better then Simpson did against Hull last season on the first day (I know he was RB).

At RB it was a first game for Perch and I thought he was solid first half and then too far away to see in the 2nd, I also liked Furlong last season. I thought he did well at Hull but getting beat by Sanchez and the Palace guy when you have the power house of SWP helping you is no disgrace.

Comment

Ridiculous. They were solid as a rock in the first half!! Karl Ready and Steve Morrow were never ever solid! Stupid post.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think defence will be ok. Disagree with keeping green and not McCarthy but partmer for luongo is key for me. Henry and Faurlin are too pedestrian in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            I think defence will be ok. Disagree with keeping green and not McCarthy but partmer for luongo is key for me. Henry and Faurlin are too pedestrian in my view.
                            What is Gladwin's actual position? He looks more like a CM than a winger.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2