Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
    What did McLaren say HDD ?
    “There’s been a lot of talk about that throughout the weeks but we’ve not been in contact with QPR and they’ve not with us. So no, that’s just a name that circulates and has been going around.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      Phillips Luongo Faurlin Chery

Fer

Austin

Would rip Charlton to bits next week.
      Now that looks tasty.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Now that looks tasty.
        Wouldn't even be worrying about our defence next week, as that's got We will score more goals than you, written all over it!!

Comment

However, if the story is true then Fer being allowed to leave on loan will take the p*ss!!
          We still haven't replaced Caulker yet, and it only needs Nedum to get injured and we are totally fooked!!
          I know we have to try and get money back into the club, but we still need to keep hold of some talent at the same time.
          With those we have released so far on big wages, the money we received from the Sterling deal, £3.5million back on McCarthy, and the money we received and have saved from Caulker moving surely that's enough for now, then see what our situation is in January?

Comment

However, if the story is true then Fer being allowed to leave on loan will take the p*ss!!
            We still haven't replaced Caulker yet, and it only needs Nedum to get injured and we are totally fooked!!
            I know we have to try and get money back into the club, but we still need to keep hold of some talent at the same time.
            With those we have released so far on big wages, the money we received from the Sterling deal, £3.5million back on McCarthy, and the money we received and have saved from Caulker moving surely that's enough for now, then see what our situation is in January?
            are we really that short of midfielders?

he's a good player to be sure, but i'd have thought that fer wants to play at prem level with the euros coming up. at the same time, he'll be on biggish wages... i reckon the club will have harder decisions to make elsewhere (if this turns out to be true).

Comment

Sunderland will finish plumb bottom. Fer must be nuts if he want to go play there. Or even live there......

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                are we really that short of midfielders?

he's a good player to be sure, but i'd have thought that fer wants to play at prem level with the euros coming up. at the same time, he'll be on biggish wages... i reckon the club will have harder decisions to make elsewhere (if this turns out to be true).
                We might not be short of Midfielders, but we still need to try and keep hold of players like Fer and Phillips if we can, as they are players that can win games for us next season.
                There's still Sandro that we could offload for a fee and must be on a high wage as well.

If we get rid of talent that can win us games, then who knows what could happen.
                Ok it's good to reduce our debts, but say the worst happened and we got relegated, we wouldn't come back from that at all!!

Comment

We might not be short of Midfielders, but we still need to try and keep hold of players like Fer and Phillips if we can, as they are players that can win games for us next season.
                  There's still Sandro that we could offload for a fee and must be on a high wage as well.

If we get rid of talent that can win us games, then who knows what could happen.
                  Ok it's good to reduce our debts, but say the worst happened and we got relegated, we wouldn't come back from that at all!!
                  i'm really not sure that anyone is going to shell out good money for sandro after the last couple of seasons he's had (although i'd love to shift his wages to someone else). i just think we need to be realistic about how much we pay and who we pay to... midfield seems ok to me at the mo', i think fer is class, but i like our other options too. defence and attack less so...

i don' think we will go down... but if we do, we've been there before and we came back. teams like southampton, man city etc might claim relegation didn't destroy them long term either.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                    i'm really not sure that anyone is going to shell out good money for sandro after the last couple of seasons he's had (although i'd love to shift his wages to someone else). i just think we need to be realistic about how much we pay and who we pay to... midfield seems ok to me at the mo', i think fer is class, but i like our other options too. defence and attack less so...

i don' think we will go down... but if we do, we've been there before and we came back. teams like southampton, man city etc might claim relegation didn't destroy them long term either.
                    I don't think we would have trouble shifting Sandro for a fee, but it wouldn't be anything like what we paid for him.
                    If someone does cough up a big fee for Austin we should have enough to keep hold of Fer and Phillips for at least half/or whole season to still have an attacking threat but having time if they do want to leave to look for replacements.

Comment

We still haven't replaced Caulker yet, and it only needs Nedum to get injured and we are totally fooked!! I know we have to try and get money back into the club, but we still need to keep hold of some talent at the same time.

I'm only guessing BUT, if what Ferdinand & Ramsey have been hinting at is true, ?I suspect BOTH the Parachute Payment money (£25m) & Sterling bonus (£8.8m) has been put aside to pay back debts and any potential FFP fine.

Which means McCarthy (£3.5m) and Caulker (£1.5m) is being used to 'patch up' the squad as best they can. Total £5m
                      So far we spent £3.5m on the Swindon pair, roughly £2.3m on Polter & Chery and £700k on Perch - Total £5.5m

So with an overspend of £500k, and no immediate sign of Austin or Phillips going for big money, we are having to consider loaning out Fer. Let's say we get a £2m loan fee, that's leaves £1.5m to find a CB and cover at GK, LB, CM and another CB (IMO).

Really looks like we are having to bring funds in before splashing out.
                      It might have been different if Austin had gone for £15m a month ago.

As I say, I'm only guessing though.

Comment

What 1976 is saying does make a lot of sense.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

So he doesn't want to leave but won't play for us in the Championship ?
                          I'm confused..... Keep him then ?

Unless we've given up on selling Austin & Phillips or outsourcing Traore or Sandro.....
                          Cost cutting I reckon mate!

Think we're banking on Austin coming off the wage bill too. Not sure there is much interest for Traore & Sandro at the moment, in fact does anybody know where Sandro is?

Being told that Phillips is likely to stay. Not sure I'll believe it until the window is closed to be honest though.
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 02-08-2015, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Not sure anything can be believed in papers now mate.
                            Daily Mail have just run a story that West Ham now want Austin and will rival Newcastle for his signature.
                            Says that McClaren wants Charlie to spearhead there attack and talks will take place next week!!

I guess that reporter didn't see the McClaren interview earlier ����
                            What I'm being told is the Fer to Sunderland (on loan) and Charlie to Newcastle are both looking nailed on. Also hearing that we are expecting an influx of signings next week, maybe as many as 4 or 5. Again, very good source, not straight from the papers!

Reading between the lines, perhaps getting Fer & Charlie off the wage bill is the catalyst for being able to bring in 4 or 5 Championship level players.
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 02-08-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I'm only guessing BUT, if what Ferdinand & Ramsey have been hinting at is true, ?I suspect BOTH the Parachute Payment money (£25m) & Sterling bonus (£8.8m) has been put aside to pay back debts and any potential FFP fine.

Which means McCarthy (£3.5m) and Caulker (£1.5m) is being used to 'patch up' the squad as best they can. Total £5m
                              So far we spent £3.5m on the Swindon pair, roughly £2.3m on Polter & Chery and £700k on Perch - Total £5.5m

So with an overspend of £500k, and no immediate sign of Austin or Phillips going for big money, we are having to consider loaning out Fer. Let's say we get a £2m loan fee, that's leaves £1.5m to find a CB and cover at GK, LB, CM and another CB (IMO).

Really looks like we are having to bring funds in before splashing out.
                              It might have been different if Austin had gone for £15m a month ago.

As I say, I'm only guessing though.
                              Are you Sir Les?
                              Last edited by QPR Taylor; 02-08-2015, 07:43 AM.
                              I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Taylor View Post
                                Are you Sir Les?

Nope, are you Ian Taylor ?

Just adding 2 + 2 and guessing it makes 4

Comment

Working...
                                X