Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Anniversary of WATRB upgrading to proprietary Internet forum software package!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    Living in Thailand now and seems to be loving it out there and still pops back for games
    not TR by any chance ?

Comment

O
      Originally posted by W5R View Post
      It is indeed the relaunch Birthday of the site being launched properly as such.

The previous one on proboards (without the actual front end site stuff) was founded by/run/set up by Qblock, Scott, Funky and Isleworth as a response to .. well, that's a long story!

The site may have changed hands since then but that's the basic history of it all!
      Didn't Nick DeMarco originally set it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        O

Didn't Nick DeMarco originally set it up?
        Nope, none of the 4 had met him at that point to the best of my knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          If anybody had the most basic of common sense, then prior to announcing such a momentous event, one would have done well to have a quick glance at the "members list", where one can see very quickly that by this date in 2009 there were already 665 members.

So sorry everybody, but no need to send Kirill the presents.

Perhaps best to wait until next March and celebrate the 7th anniversary of the relaunch.
          Was thinking exactly the same thing myself..... boards were deinitely around before 2009 as mentioned, but surely the "move" to the new boards was March 09, hence all of the older users have Mar 09 as their join date detailed on the right of every post.....????? so how the F*&k is it 6 years today!!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Was thinking exactly the same thing myself..... boards were deinitely around before 2009 as mentioned, but surely the "move" to the new boards was March 09, hence all of the older users have Mar 09 as their join date detailed on the right of every post.....????? so how the F*&k is it 6 years today!!
            As the board has moved between sites and servers.

The board didn't have ads then did, the board used to do player interviews and then didnt, the board did a phone in with Rodney Marsh live.

6 years ago today was the incarnation of the bulk of what this place is now...to an extent.

Jesus wept

Comment

Would be interested in a more detailed history of the site, why it was set up etc.

I browsed occasionally back in the day but mainly read .org and later dotorg.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                Would be interested in a more detailed history of the site, why it was set up etc.
                Scott Jones set it up with a few sidekicks. He is so cool. There is no more history
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  Scott Jones set it up with a few sidekicks. He is so cool. There is no more history
                  Put the sherry down you fool
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    Was actually more the other threes idea.

Comment

any chance someone can go into more depth about the set up of this site and fall out?

or best left in the past? lol

Comment

Originally posted by we'rethexblock View Post
                        any chance someone can go into more depth about the set up of this site and fall out?

And who got custody of Pete's drum?

Comment

How long have you got?

We'd need to go back to the original "messageboard wars" (all conducted on one website at the time) the LSA basically splitting up, the formation of "Friends of QPR"..later the formation of indyrs..and that's just the beginning..

Tis an exceedingly long story.

Comment

I
                            Originally posted by W5R View Post
                            How long have you got?

We'd need to go back to the original "messageboard wars" (all conducted on one website at the time) the LSA basically splitting up, the formation of "Friends of QPR"..later the formation of indyrs..and that's just the beginning..

Tis an exceedingly long story.
                            We have as much time as is required. We aren't going anywhere.

Comment

what he said.

/

that ####ing drum!!!

Comment

Paladini got 3or 4 puppets to set it up to pump his propaganda and be pro every sh-itty decision he made and defend his endless wrong doing, I would imagine Pete, Scrote and Funky still walk with limps now the amount of times they bent over for him for the sake of a few freebies!! There was plenty of opposition to their nonsense which did make for some excellent debate and was all told a cracking message board. I think Pete and Scott are now Bradford and Brum supporters now or whichever poor sods Uncle G rocks up to next.
                                From the Hills of Kerry
                                To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
                                X