Joey Barton .. player/ coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    Even if that is the case (which I'm not sure it is), I struggle to see why that means Barton in a player/coach role for us would be 'brilliant'. You've not actually explained why it would be beneficial to us. His best years are far behind him as a player, there is no question that he is a distruptive influence, his conduct both on and off of the pitch is not exactly what could be described as professional, and he'll still want £40-50k a week in wages.
    Think we need some sense of collectiveness and Joey learning his trade as a player coach would help with that. Like last season. It would also mean we'd sign him on significantly less wages, so he'd be available to play. He'd do a job for us in the championship. Even if he's not good enough for us to rely on him in CM the way we have this season and last.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Think we need some sense of collectiveness and Joey learning his trade as a player coach would help with that. Like last season. It would also mean we'd sign him on significantly less wages, so he'd be available to play. He'd do a job for us in the championship. Even if he's not good enough for us to rely on him in CM the way we have this season and last.
      Interesting that you want achieve collectiveness by essentially promoting the most divisive character in our squad. Significantly less wages for Barton would still be high by Championship player standards, and exremely high by Championship coach standards.

Comment

Imo Hill's the man for coach. Model pro, true professional who people will look up too. Also saw an interview with him recently where he was saying how much he's falling in love with the club and fans, this would be great to get across to our players, maybe give them a bit of fight to play for us. Reckon thats our man to bring into the backroom set up.... Think Joey's easily good enough for the Championship and would be solid for us again, the only problem for with him is his wages.
        Last edited by Nick; 24-05-2015, 12:33 PM.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Interesting that you want achieve collectiveness by essentially promoting the most divisive character in our squad. Significantly less wages for Barton would still be high by Championship player standards, and exremely high by Championship coach standards.
          You may be right about the wage. But the most divisive character in our squad?? Come on. That's lunacy. Adel Tarrabt?? You might not like it, but it's patently obvious that the overwhelming majority of the squad like and respect Joey. Every manager since Hughesless. You see that on the pitch every week. Watch the warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Imo Hill's the man for coach. Model pro, true professional who people will look up too. Also saw an interview with him recently where he was saying how much he's falling in love with the club and fans, this would be great to get across to our players, maybe give them a bit of fight to play for us. Reckon thats our man to bring into the backroom set up.... Think Joey's easily good enough for the Championship and would be solid for us again, the only problem for with him is his wages.

Now that's what I call a post. Bang on the money.

Comment

You may be right about the wage. But the most divisive character in our squad?? Come on. That's lunacy. Adel Tarrabt?? You might not like it, but it's patently obvious that the overwhelming majority of the squad like and respect Joey. Every manager since Hughesless. You see that on the pitch every week. Watch the warm up.
              Well, he's starting wars on Twitter with Rangers Legends, getting sent off in games where we need him most (even Austin came out after the Hull game and commented that Barton had let all of his team mates down), getting 12 game bans for starting a fight with virtually all of the Man City players and coaches, and tweeting that he wants to move back to Marseille. Does that sound to you like someone who would be liked and respected by the rest of the squad?

Comment

Well, he's starting wars on Twitter with Rangers Legends, getting sent off in games where we need him most (even Austin came out after the Hull game and commented that Barton had let all of his team mates down), getting 12 game bans for starting a fight with virtually all of the Man City players and coaches, and tweeting that he wants to move back to Marseille. Does that sound to you like someone who would be liked and respected by the rest of the squad?
                Yep. It does. Because I see the evidence with my own eyes. He is. Virtually all the Man City players? Ha. Ha. Two. He didn't go near a member of the Man City coaching staff. One Rangers legend. Singular not plural. Who have as good as he got. And started it. A legend who played a key role in forcing Gerry Francis out of the club. Sent off twice in two years. Once in a game we easily won following two yellows. Sure he let us down at Hull. But rarely has a player apologised for a sending off than Joey did at Hull. Norwich home he was kippered. The Marseille tweet was two seasons ago because he assumed- rightly- his Rangers career was over. He wanted to go to Marseille because Hughesless treated him like s hit. Please back up your bile with some facts. Joey runs his mouth. He's nowhere nearly as good as he thinks he his. But our squad overflows with s hitty players who couldn't give a toss about our club. And you pick on someone who at least gives a s hit. And puts in a shift...... Jeez.

Comment

Yep. It does. Because I see the evidence with my own eyes. He is. Virtually all the Man City players? Ha. Ha. Two. He didn't go near a member of the Man City coaching staff. One Rangers legend. Singular not plural. Who have as good as he got. And started it. A legend who played a key role in forcing Gerry Francis out of the club. Sent off twice in two years. Once in a game we easily won following two yellows. Sure he let us down at Hull. But rarely has a player apologised for a sending off than Joey did at Hull. Norwich home he was kippered. The Marseille tweet was two seasons ago because he assumed- rightly- his Rangers career was over. He wanted to go to Marseille because Hughesless treated him like s hit. Please back up your bile with some facts. Joey runs his mouth. He's nowhere nearly as good as he thinks he his. But our squad overflows with s hitty players who couldn't give a toss about our club. And you pick on someone who at least gives a s hit. And puts in a shift...... Jeez.
                  Well said 77, you give a balanced view. People don't want to hear this because their personal dislike of his personality and outspoken opinions allows that to cloud their judgment of what he contributes on the pitch. But everything you say is factually correct.

Comment

Fair comment and decent post tbf 77. The highlighted part is the bottom line for me though. We need to move on, and Joey is yesterday news imo.

Comment

superb post 77. spotfarkingon
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I love the idea that Hughes treating him badly was anything other than his own fault for making him unavailable to us for entire half of the season. For an outrageous losing of his mind in the biggest game of the season. A season in which he'd been uninterested and terrible, bar a few games at the end of them season after he was booed of the pitch at home.

His effort this season and the last has been far better. His ability is still far lower than he thinks. He's still a idiot off the pitch, who arrogance means he cannot keep his mouth shut. I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he has the personality or temperament to be a good coach. He's far more likely to get work as a pundit once his playing days are done.

I still am counting the days till he is no longer representing the club. I'll like QPR a little bit more again once he's gone.

Comment

Maybe you should use your eyes to watch the Manchester City incident again - when he had to be literally dragged off by Kevin Hitchcock before starting a fight with Balloelli....who was on the City bench. This after he had elbowed Tevez, kicked Aguero and attempted to nut Kompany. Regarding the Twitter war, at no point was Marsh rude or disrespectful towards Barton. Our Joey on the other hand described one of the greatest players we have ever had as "a skint, washed-up former player full of hatred". I dont think it matters who started it or what Marsh's history with QPR is - that is entirely unprofessional behaviour from the captain of any football club. Same for the Marseille Tweet (he wasn't treated like #### - he was lucky that he still had a QPR contract to come back to). And the Hull sending off. All this after he was seemingly a reformed character, wh had stubbed out a cigar in another pro's eye, beaten a team-mate half to death and smashed the life out of an innocent man in the middle of the street. You seem prepared to apologise for (and worse still attempt to rationalise) every Barton misdemenour, simply because he works hard and apparently cares for the club (even though as I remember he waited until the 11th hour to sign for us in the first place, after he had no other offers). Sorry, but that doesn't cut it for me. I want a coach at the club who is / was a model professional, and can set an example to young players both on and off the field how they should conduct themselves. Any way you want to cut it, that man isn't Barton.

Absolutely astonished that some on here consider that nosnense of yours to be a great post.
                          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 24-05-2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
                            I love the idea that Hughes treating him badly was anything other than his own fault for making him unavailable to us for entire half of the season. For an outrageous losing of his mind in the biggest game of the season. A season in which he'd been uninterested and terrible, bar a few games at the end of them season after he was booed of the pitch at home.

His effort this season and the last has been far better. His ability is still far lower than he thinks. He's still a idiot off the pitch, who arrogance means he cannot keep his mouth shut. I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he has the personality or temperament to be a good coach. He's far more likely to get work as a pundit once his playing days are done.

I still am counting the days till he is no longer representing the club. I'll like QPR a little bit more again once he's gone.
                            Absolutely spot on.

Comment

I.
                              Maybe you should use your eyes to watch the Manchester City incident again - when he had to be literally dragged off by Kevin Hitchcock before starting a fight with Balloelli....who was on the City bench. This after he had elbowed Tevez, kicked Aguero and attempted to nut Kompany. Regarding the Twitter war, at no point was Marsh rude or disrespectful towards Barton. Our Joey on the other hand described one of the greatest players we have ever had as "a skint, washed-up former player full of hatred". I dont think it matters who started it or what Marsh's history with QPR is - that is entirely unprofessional behaviour from the captain of any football club. Same for the Marseille Tweet (he wasn't treated like #### - he was lucky that he still had a QPR contract to come back to). And the Hull sending off. You seem prepared to apologise for (and worse still rationalise) every Barton misdemenour, simply because he works hard and apparently cares for the club (even though as I remember he waited until the 11th hour to sign for us in the first place, after he had no other offers). Sorry, but that doesn't cut it for me. I want a coach at the club who is / was a model professional, and can set an example to young players both on and off the field how they should conduct themselves. Any way you want to cut it, that man isn't Barton.

Absolutely astonished that some on here consider that b ollocks you just furnished us with as a great post.
                              Yawn. Jog on mate. You're a nut. And I'm done talking to a bigoted i diot who spouts b ollocks without a single fact. Balotelli ran at Barton off the bench.

Comment

I.

Yawn. Jog on mate. You're a nut. And I'm done talking to a bigoted i diot who spouts b ollocks without a single fact. Balotelli ran at Barton off the bench.
                                Just as I thought. You spouted b ollocks, I replied with a reasonable repsonse, and you've resorted to insults. I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from anyone who thinks Barton is coach material. Oh, and the yawn / jog on stuff...little bit embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X