No announcement yet.

Great save from Greeno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree Blue mate, oh and cheers Nasser mate, but we deffo need a second half video, hes been even better second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Totally agree Blue mate, oh and cheers Nasser mate, but we deffo need a second half video, hes been even better second half.
      For sure, I think it will be between De Gea, Greeno and Courtois for best in the league at the end of the season.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        I know mate but its ok, take your time and I'm sure you will find something valid to complain about. Lets blame him for global warming next, that always brings about controversy.

You need to get off your high horse.

At no point have i condemend Green, and have infact acknowledged he's been superb this season and is entitled to a mistake more than anyone. That doesnt mean he can't be accused of making an error, which he did no matter what ridiculous spin you want to try and put on it. All your comments about him making the right decision becasue the ball would've reached him "if" the player didnt head it is quite frankly embarrassing. It's the equivelent of analysing a poor penalty by saying the player did the right thing rolling it to the bottom corner becasuse it would've been a goal if the keeper hadnt saved it. Or saying a defender making a bad tackle and giving away a pen did the right thing becasue if the striker hadn't touched the ball first it would've been a good tackle....

There's no rule to say good players can't make occasional mistakes, and if they do, they shouldnt need defending to the point of denial.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          You need to get off your high horse.

At no point have i condemend Green, and have infact acknowledged he's been superb this season and is entitled to a mistake more than anyone. That doesnt mean he can't be accused of making an error, which he did no matter what ridiculous spin you want to try and put on it. All your comments about him making the right decision becasue the ball would've reached him "if" the player didnt head it is quite frankly embarrassing. It's the equivelent of analysing a poor penalty by saying the player did the right thing rolling it to the bottom corner becasuse it would've been a goal if the keeper hadnt saved it. Or saying a defender making a bad tackle and giving away a pen did the right thing becasue if the striker hadn't touched the ball first it would've been a good tackle....

There's no rule to say good players can't make occasional mistakes, and if they do, they shouldnt need defending to the point of denial.
          The keeper looked at his surroundings and saw the bigger threat behind him. He went to stop it and it didn't work. That doesn't make it his mistake, it makes it the covering cb's (Mainly rio) who's job it was to cover the man at the front post.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The keeper looked at his surroundings and saw the bigger threat behind him. He went to stop it and it didn't work. That doesn't make it his mistake, it makes it the covering cb's (Mainly rio) who's job it was to cover the man at the front post.
            You contradict yourself. If the CB's should've covered the ball in the first place, meaning the ball wouldn't come across, where the hell was Green going?

Another contradiction is you said previoulsy he did the right thing as the ball was going to the far post and the person at the front post wasnt a danger.... yes the one who scored the goal, you said wasnt a danger, regardless, by that logic on one hand you suggest the striker wasnt likely to get the ball, yet bemoan the CB's who were in the same area as him by saying they should've got the ball away..... You can't have it both ways.

Make you're mind up as you continue to tie yourself in knots.

Comment

Greeno has been top draw. Some of his saves have been worldies indeed. Having a blinding season.

Also agree with Del though. He made an error. Nothing wrong in mentioning it. All keepers make them. As for the Nasser argument of he would have caught it/reached it had the player not got up and headed it first is ridiculous. I would also have won the lottery had i picked the correct 6 numbers.

Comment

There are some on here who object to any criticism of any player even if it's justifide and constructive

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                  Greeno has been top draw. Some of his saves have been worldies indeed. Having a blinding season.

Also agree with Del though. He made an error. Nothing wrong in mentioning it. All keepers make them. As for the Nasser argument of he would have caught it/reached it had the player not got up and headed it first is ridiculous. I would also have won the lottery had i picked the correct 6 numbers.
                  Exactly. He's been superb no denying that and accountable for as many of our points as Charlie, but there's no point trying to deny what was on this occasion an error. It happens and i personally dont have an issue with the odd mistake, however, i can't understand the logic in trying to suggest anything to the contrary. What's the point,....?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    There are some on here who object to any criticism of any player even if it's justifide and constructive
                    And some just object over pish taking titled threads just to have a go about one 'arguable and not clear cut' mistake as well mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      And some just object over pish taking titled threads just to have a go about one 'arguable and not clear cut' mistake as well mate.
                      Surely content of discussion in thread is the main thing

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                        You contradict yourself. If the CB's should've covered the ball in the first place, meaning the ball wouldn't come across, where the hell was Green going?

Another contradiction is you said previoulsy he did the right thing as the ball was going to the far post and the person at the front post wasnt a danger.... yes the one who scored the goal, you said wasnt a danger, regardless, by that logic on one hand you suggest the striker wasnt likely to get the ball, yet bemoan the CB's who were in the same area as him by saying they should've got the ball away..... You can't have it both ways.

Make you're mind up as you continue to tie yourself in knots.
                        Are you actually reading what I am saying Del, the cross was targeted at the far post, assuming someone from the near post can make that sort of leap, then green didn't need to come out fine. But the cross was directed further back and as I have said, the header and jump itself was timed well and made it almost impossible to predict. I said that it is their job to cover the front post player regardless. Green saw danger more obviously at the back post and went to cover it. Simple as that. It is either one of two things, a mistake by the cbs at the front post or just call it a brilliant cross and header that would have taken arguably the greatest ever save to stop. It is not however Green's fault.

Comment

Are you actually reading what I am saying Del, the cross was targeted at the far post, assuming someone from the near post can make that sort of leap, then green didn't need to come out fine. But the cross was directed further back and as I have said, the header and jump itself was timed well and made it almost impossible to predict. I said that it is their job to cover the front post player regardless. Green saw danger more obviously at the back post and went to cover it. Simple as that. It is either one of two things, a mistake by the cbs at the front post or just call it a brilliant cross and header that would have taken arguably the greatest ever save to stop. It is not however Green's fault.
                          If he'd have held his ground, rather than diving aimlessly into no mans land, the header would've probably hit him.... I'd hardly call that arguably the greatest save ever.....

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Surely content of discussion in thread is the main thing
                            Course, but im so undecided i cant make a clear decision so havent commented. So just thought i would talk about how good green has been instead.

Comment

No CB in the world will stop all the crosses coming in.

No forward in the world will score all the crosses coming in.

One or the other will be in the right place at the right time, and the other won't.

And one or the other will be accidentally in the right place at the right time, and the other won't.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to buy a Bounty bar today, and someone in front of me had bought the last one.

Was that my fault for not knowing what the guy was going to do?

Or my fault for not getting there earlier?

If anyone can give me the right answer, they will have solved one of life's mysteries.

I.E. What is the right thing to do in any given situation.
                              Last edited by Olly; 26-02-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Sorry fella but that is Tosh. Only person who knows where that cross was targeted be it front post or far was the fella who crossed it. Not me or you. I bet if you ask him though he will say he was aiming for the goalscorer all day long and not the far post. You make it out like the goalscorer became Inspector Gadget with his neck and made this unbelievable leap to score. In actual fact it's just a very good cross and good header with Green in my opinion making an error by flying out and getting nowhere near ball or man. Not much more to it really. Not slating him either just pointing out what to me looks fairly obvious.

Still for me one of our best players this season.
                                Last edited by SammyKojoe; 26-02-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X